PDA

View Full Version : AGD Pride Takes 2nd Place at CPSA Tourny!

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:00 PM
I would have had this posted a little sooner but AO was running a tad bit slow and was making it a little difficult. :)

We played the 4th out of 6 total events this Sunday at Fox River Paintball and managed to pull off an amazing upset to get 2nd place! Sorry about the lack of pics but my wife wasnt able to make it and we didn't have a 6th person along to snap some shots.

The day started off with rain but ended up being a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze and temps in the 70's. A perfect day to go 'ballin.

This was our first time back to Fox River this season and they've made a few changes to their fields. I posted some pics below of the field that we played on. IMO, I believe that the added bunkers in the center basically cut the field into 2 and totally ruined any break through moves. It was like playing 2 seperate games at the same time. I'd have to say that 70% of the games played on the field either went to time or were won with less than 1 minute left. Oh well, I'd have to say that it was 10,000 times better than the field that we played on at the last event. :D

In the prelims, all the teams were scheduled to play a total of 6 games and this is where the tourny had its major foul up. For one reason or another, one of the teams, Opposing Force, was only scheduled to play 5 games and BAM was scheduled to play 7. That 7th game was scheduled to be our 6th and last game before the finals.

In any event, Opposing Force didn't have a decent day and left after the 5th game thinking that their day was done. Forrest (yep, the same Forrest of Shatnerball fame) found the error in the schedule only after Todd from our team pointed it out right before we went on the field to play BAM. Thus, BAM played the approperiate 6 games and we ended up with a bye for our 6th.

Thanks to that bye, since we didn't play all that well all day, we made it to the finals! Talk about a lucky break. :cool:

In the finals there was BAM in 1st, Psycho Circus in 2nd, AGD Pride in 3rd, and Voltage in 4th.

We played our first game against Psycho and managed to shoot all 5 players but time ran out before we could hang the flag. Also, a hot gun penalty wiped out what points we did manage to get. Essentially we were at 0 points after the 1st game, not good.

Our 2nd game was against BAM. This game ended up going to time as well as BAM managed to shoot out all our players but ran out of time before they could hang the flag themselves. Now we're at about 12 points after 2 games with only one more to go. Still not good.

*However at this time, none of the other teams were doing well either. Only one team, Voltage, managed to hang a flag up to this point in the finals.

Our last game was against Voltage. Voltage ran a guy right up the center and took the flag pull right off the break. After 5 min of going back and forth, we managed to shoot all 5 players and hang the flag with 2 min left! It felt good to finish the tourny with a hang.

As it turned out to be, that last hang is what catapulted us into 2nd place. We ended up being only the 3rd team to hang a flag in the finals. And the kicker is, if we had gotten that flag pull first, we would have gotten 1st place in the tournament! :eek: So close yet so far!

The final rankings were Voltage in 1st, AGD Pride in 2nd, Psycho Circus in 3rd, and BAM in 4th.

We were plesently surprised by our finish even though we thought we didn't play extremely well. Just goes to show you that determination and luck are just as big a factor as skill in our sport.

Hope you all enjoyed the write up. Remember that we're going out and playing these tournaments for you!

Check out the series rankings at www.cpsa.cc The new scores should be posted within 2-3 weeks. (Forrest seems to move pretty slow when it comes to updating the site.)

Below is a shot of the finals score board.

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Here's a shot of the field

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Another of the field. This is the side that Allen and myself played on all day.

DaosBeoulve
09-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Sweet! Congrats!:)

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:03 PM
A shot of the center "gaggle"

Clare
09-24-2002, 11:04 PM
Congrats AGD Pride! Thanks for the pics! :D

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Another of the "gaggle"

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Here are a couple of pics of us after the tourny. Sorry again for the lack of pics.

Scooter/Cootie
09-24-2002, 11:07 PM
Last one

spazzed
09-24-2002, 11:09 PM
WTG Guys! Sorry 'bout the crap field, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise, eh?

Dayspring
09-24-2002, 11:46 PM
WAY TO GO!!!! Congrats guys! Every time you go out, you rank higher!

BTW-
Nice Truck!!!

Check this site (http://www.xterraownersclub.com) out :D

Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
Here are a couple of pics of us after the tourny. Sorry again for the lack of pics.

damageinc54
09-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Any of you guys from AGD Pride know where Rockford Paintball is located? We have never been there and I cannot find a site for the field. I want to take my teams there to practice before the tournament there.

AGD
09-25-2002, 02:36 AM
Nice job guys!! Thanks for the report!!

AGD

JohnTzu
09-25-2002, 07:38 AM
Way to go Guys!!!!!!! Great to hear. Keep it up.

John

Scooter/Cootie
09-25-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring

BTW-
Nice Truck!!!

Check this site (http://www.xterraownersclub.com) out :D

All ready a member! Ha! :D

Scooter/Cootie
09-25-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54
Any of you guys from AGD Pride know where Rockford Paintball is located? We have never been there and I cannot find a site for the field. I want to take my teams there to practice before the tournament there.

Sorry but we're not really sure either. I believe its right next to a Nuclear Power Plant, of which I believe that there is only one in Rockford. That should help to narrow down the search.

It'll be intresting to see how many teams actually find the field next month.

cphilip
09-25-2002, 10:00 AM
Congrats Guys!!!!

Are you officialy sponsored by Nissan yet? :D

animal
09-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Good job guys. Keep it up :)

See you at Big Game.

bricsmi
09-25-2002, 10:46 AM
Good job guys. :D

damageinc54
09-25-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
It'll be intresting to see how many teams actually find the field next month.

That is why I want to go practice there. I do not want to be trying to find the place the day of the tournament :)

Chupas2
09-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey Scooter, after the first game in the finals we had 33 points not 0. Look at the scored board.;) The hot gun penalty was only 15 points and we had 48 points for the game

hitech
09-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Great job guys! :D I wasn't there, but that field looks fun!

c mag
09-25-2002, 06:53 PM
hey Scootie great showing in the tourney keep it up AGD rules.

Oddball
09-26-2002, 01:28 PM
I had a good time on Sunday. I played front center and it took me about 3 games before I figured out how to play the field. The key was that the center "gaggle" was so big it blocked alot of movement. I was able to do some stupid stuff and get away with it! By getting 2nd we should move into 3rd overall in the Am division just behind Ghost Dog. Bam still has a good lead in 1st but if we get lucky... The next two tournys should be a hoot.

SteveD
09-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Congrats guys. It's good to in the finals again. Keep it up.

Steve D
AGD Lions

Doobie
09-27-2002, 11:47 AM
WTG!:cool:

Mango
09-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Congrats!!! Awsome job :) :) :D

OnyX
09-28-2002, 02:29 PM
heres their site rockford paintball (http://www.rockfordpaintball.com/)

from chicago area i just take rt.72 west until you hit n. german church rd. and make a left, continue south until you pass the nuclear plant, soon thereafter look on your left side for the dirt road that has rockford paintball sign and follow the dirt road to the field.(it can be hard to find the dirt road so just remember that the dirt road is just past the nuclear plant)

its a nice rec ball field and when i was there last january they were testing speedball field layouts and stuff so i'm kinda curious of how they have it set-up.

btw great job agd pride :D

SirOssis
09-29-2002, 10:02 PM
The field did play nice.

When we first got there and got the schedule I was glad to see that we were finally paired up against AGD. Then the went and changed it around. In the pre-lims it seemed that no one was running away with it. A hot gun kept us out of finals(-16 and were in 5th by 2 points). Looking forward to the next event, catch ya there.