PDA

View Full Version : Flatline Gauges

Allen
09-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Hello all- after being gone from paintball for almost a year, I seem to be regaining intrest. My first question is in regards to the gauges on the Flatline. I bought a Flatline over 15 months ago, but used it only 5 or 6 times, and lent my mag to a friend. Before I gave it to him, I noticed some weird things about the gauges- cracks and what appeared to be bubbles inside the gauge itself. Now, they are all cracked up. I don't think they ever got hit, and I think they worked because my friend never mentioned that they didn't. Has this happened to anyone else? Also, my friend put macroline hoses on my mag, basically making it near impossible to take apart the gun. Are quick disconnects available for macroline? My searches have turned up nothing, and I don't want to have to re-connect everything if I don't have to. I may get some pictures as soon as I can of the gauges- it just seems weird. Thanks for any help.

hitech
09-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Same thing happened to my high pressure gauge. I just ordered a replacement. I have no idea what happened.

Also, micro line has a type of built in quick disconnect. Just push in on the sleve and pull the line out.

joeyjoe367
09-26-2002, 01:38 AM
That's kind of odd... I just got my tank filled the other day, and noticed that the HP gauge doesn't work either...

Damn, and i JUST Got this tank! :(

Hellaspaint
09-26-2002, 03:13 AM
The same problem in the high pressure gauge of Flatline 3K - small crack -. No problem for the Flatline 4.5K.
It is possible a bad batch, like paintballs!!!, for the gauge. I did not replaced yet but i will as soon as possible.

Pand0ra
09-26-2002, 09:11 AM
it's probably a problem with the material used to make the "windows" of the gauge (sorry can't find the correct word for it).

It's easy to make a quick disconnect for the macro line:
Buy a SS quick disconnect, two straigth macroline connectors, and a fem/fem I.
Screw everything together, with some Loctite to seal everything.

Voilą! You're now the happy owner of a macroline quick disconnect :).

On my Emag I've put a 90° m/f elbow on my valve, then have screwed the male part of the QD in it.
I've also screwed the macro connector on the female QD. It gives me a very clean and compact setup.

@++

Allen
09-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Yeah- I just wanted to make sure I didn't just drop it or something, or my friend didn't hit it with a hammer or something. I guess it never hurts to be careful! (I have no idea what that has to do with this thread, but it's true.)

BlackVCG
09-26-2002, 11:05 AM
The Flatline guages aren't good at all. They all seem to eventually start cracking. I would recommend replacing them with Mac Dev gauges. They're more accurate and more durable.

Yes, you can make a quick disconnect for Macroline. Check out the pics of my E-Mag. I use a regular Macroline 90* fitting from the valve, then put a straight macro fitting on the end of that. Then I thread in the female end of the quick disconnect. Use a regular brass/nickel plated elbow coming out of your Flatline and thread in the male part of the QD. You know have a macroline quick disconnect.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51048

Allen
09-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Mac Dev? Where could I go about finding them?

BlackVCG
09-26-2002, 11:20 PM
http://www.vital-paintball.com

Hellaspaint
09-27-2002, 12:37 PM
The gauges at Armaggedon i think are the same, but they did not cracked. I find some gauges from a PMI distributor in Europe that are great, small size - robuste - hi or low pressure and accurate.
Here in Greece we are not so lucky as you are in USA with a paintball market like yours!! But we are trying to find the best products and to collect knowledge from the web, magazines and books.