PDA

View Full Version : powerlyte barrels?

FreshmanBob
09-25-2002, 03:00 PM
anyone had any experience with powerlyte speedline barrels? I know just about every barrel out there will shoot pretty much the same with the right paint but i'm wondering about quality control and if the two ends line up well enough. I've seen some new companies w/ 2 piece barrels that you can tell just by looking the sides don't line up *cough*titaniumpaintball*cough* and i'd rather not shell out 110 bucks for one.

oh yeah any other suggestions?

dansim
09-25-2002, 05:35 PM
barrels are something that they take alot of pride in the speedline barrels are exceptional, id go with one definetly unless you dont have a mag then get there new Ceptor(sp?) barrel kit the inserts go pretty much the whole length of the gun

FreshmanBob
09-25-2002, 06:40 PM
I've heard about the scepter series but its not on their site, whats the dilly?

fearc7
09-25-2002, 08:37 PM
yeah why are they taking so long to fully release those barrels. I've heard a lot about them but have still not seen them release yet.

dansim
09-25-2002, 09:26 PM
unfourtunetly(wow i killed that word) there annodizers, manufacturers, treaders, all work different shifts and cant seem to get in unison they just made up around 200 kits and they flew out the door you want one call em thats your best bet i mean web pages go for months with out an update i have an Axis frame you dont see that do you? just look at ao for example how long was that main page about the intelliframe?

Bartman
09-25-2002, 10:29 PM
I had one of there 2 peice barrels, sold it at IAO . But to replace it I bought a new barrel kit from them.

The kit impressed teh hell out of me. I mean it takes alot to rip my BOA out of my hand, and I jumped all over buying one of the Powerlyte kits. Looks and feels alot nicer then a freek, as well as the incertas are a little bit longer .

IMHO, Powerlyte at this point makes an excelent product, and a 2 thumbs up from me.

Freshman, lLee also got one at the IAO, there really nice.

Hope this helps.

Bartman
Team I have no Idea'
www.ihni.org

NCpaintballer
09-25-2002, 11:52 PM
I really like there barrels too. The factory is close by and nearly everyone around here shoots their barrels. The local store in town hasn't sold a boomstick in months, everybody is buying the speedline and sceptre systems. I wish they made the sceptre for a mag but it's a shame they don't. I have a boomstick, speedline, armson, and SP barrel. 9/10 you'll see me using the PL.

gadget68
09-26-2002, 03:49 AM
I love my scepter barrel. I own a Proteam Micro emag and purchased, at first, a speedline barrel. When I got it in the mail their Autococker threads did not fit my mag. I called Powerlyte and spoke to a great guy who helped me out. He explained that their cocker thread "Speedline" barerels are "True Cocker" threads. He told me that they were developing a new barrel that should work and they should be ready in two weeks. (This was about two months ago) He was talking about their scepter line. He sent me a scepter barrel for the same price as the speedline. When I got it, I was very satisfied with its performance and looks. I usually describe it to my friends as a "Boomstick Freak system". Alignment is flawless. As a matter of fact I have never had a ball break using this barrel. Accuracy is dead on. I Highly recommend this system to all others. Check out http://paintballchannel.com/ they have a great interview with Powerlyte.

manike
09-26-2002, 05:56 AM
How long are the inserts in the scepter barrel system?

manike

gadget68
09-26-2002, 12:11 PM
The inserts are 6 inches in length.

FreshmanBob
09-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Bart, yeah I wasn't sure if those were from powerlyte. Lee seems to love them so i'm thinkin christmas time from the folks. Have you heard about BOA? They may be going out of business.

Thanks for all the replys guys, glad i could hear some good opinions.