PDA

View Full Version : My MicroMag ReTro 2000 - Pics

Vanced
09-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Dcmander asked me today for a few pics of my set up of my MicroMag ReTro 2000 to compare with his, So here they are...

Its a 2000 MicroMag Retro - Level 10, Vertfeed, Intelliframe Blade Trigger, Dye Stickies, Vert Feed O-Ringed Hopper Adapter, Halo-B, Benchmark Standard Drop, 68/4500 Old School Stainless Air America Apocolypse, Pro Team Micro Gauges Hi & Low Pressure, Dye 68in Tank Cover, Stainless Back Total Freak Set, 10" & 12" Freak Fronts, Vert Bottle Adapter with expansion Chamber (I don't like Pro Teams Vert Grip, its too long and hits the end of my tank), Stainless Hose with Pro Connect to bottom of Vert Grip, and Macro Line with Quick Disconnect into Valve. I like a simple smooth lines with the hoses out of my way to shoot with both hands.

I prefere to play rec Ball that is why I kept it in all black for woods play with just enough silver to spice it up a little. Hope that satisfied him for pics, if you need close ups or have any other questions ask. Thanks in advance for any kind words for one of my favorite toys... And thanks to Tom, for without him, this wouldn't be possible...

"It is Tom's world and were all just living it it!"

Vanced

Vanced
09-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Right Side, for my hose connections...

rhetor22
09-25-2002, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure, but i think that gun just gave me a ciesure.

HYPER
09-25-2002, 08:06 PM
Vanced.

What exactly is the vertical feed hopper adapter.

I am looking at pretty much every venue of hopper mods to enable a more tight and secure fit on my Micro-E's vert feed.

LMK.

-Hyper

Vanced
09-25-2002, 08:31 PM
Hyper,

Take a close look at the Vert Feed on my Mag.
There is a collar that slides over the vert feed, It is held in place by 4 tiny set screws around the base. NOTE: It will scratch the finish on the vert feed underneth. The Great thing is that it has 2 Large O-Rings in the top of it so it holds any Hopper nice and snug but allows for it to be taken in and very easily as well, actually the loser the hopper fit the better it works, and I had to REALLY sand down my Halo-B to get it to work well. It takes my 12V revy Very nicely. I didn't like the fact that it made my rise a little higher, ( bout 1/2") but being able to take my hopper off and on very easy and always have a snug fit made it well worth it to me. It wasn't a cheep toy about $30 bucks at my local pro shop, but it was the only one I had ever seen, and I am a sucker for a truely functional upgrade for a mag. I don't even know who the manufactuer is, he just pop'd it out of the pack and tossed it too me and I put it on right then and there when I was working on my gun. I can try to track down more exact info if you want. I know he had it in flat black and nickle, I don't know if it comes in anything else, but it is aluminum, so It could be anno'd to match anything...

Here is a close shot of it, best I could get quickly with out taking it totally off, but it will give you the idea...

Vanced

P.S. - If you want another fix for your problem... I have a Powerfeed MicroMag Body I would trade you for your Vert.. I'll even spring for shipping and toss in an elbow... LOL

Spray Painter
09-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Vanced-find out what brand the hopper collar thing is!

MrRottenTreats
09-26-2002, 05:59 AM
It's made by NW Paintball products. They also make rises for most other vert feed guns.

*ArKfEaR*
09-26-2002, 03:00 PM
http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/index.html

On main page:

Took NW to make such a "duh" product.

Spray Painter
09-26-2002, 04:05 PM
tahts what brand i thougnt it was. i was just to lazy to look for the url and go there. anyway thanks for posting the web address arkfear

EsPo
09-26-2002, 04:11 PM
o lala, thats a sweet arse gun

thevilduk
09-26-2002, 04:38 PM
(drools)....(in a good way)

omni
09-26-2002, 06:44 PM
I have something kinda like that, I'll have pics in a sec, :D

omni
09-26-2002, 07:02 PM
I bought this used, but I was told: Johnathn Kaye the guy I got it from, milled a piece of plastic or carved it with I'm assuming one of those wooden chair-leg makers.

The Micromags have a HUGE vert-feed mouth, I've got a Old old BE revy and its fits fine without the sleeve. So for all the new Revy's and such I use this sleeve, it converts the old size to the new size. It adds a bight more hight to the feed, but no worries.

http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/aom/aom1.jpg

http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/aom/aom2.jpg

http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/aom/aom3.jpg

Nice micro, pretty much what I'm going with for mine, I'm going to keep mine all black though.

http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/micro.jpg

dcmander
09-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey Vanced, thanks a lot for the pics! Looks great!

I think all VertFeed Micromag 2000 ReTro guys all want the same thing!! :) That is very similar to what I will be doing.

My LVL10 and Intelliframe are on there way. I'll get pics up when I get them in a few weeks. Damn LVL10 backordered to hell!! (What do you expect?!)

Hey Vanced I really am excited for how your flat black (im assuming) intelliframe matches the flat black of the micromag 2k. I ordered flat black, and I'm glad it will match well!

Why does no one like the stock PTP grip? I dont think its any longer than another foregrip + PTP required ASA?!

I just use a Dye Spacer (that came with my mag when i bought it) and you just put it on the inside of the revvy and it fits very snug and can be removed very easily. Sure beats the extra 1" on your vertfeed. I like how short the PTP vert feed is. Anyway its only like 15$ (grr...its dye **sigh...add 6 dollars**) and it solves it well. Probably doesn't hold it in as well as the oring feedtube but it holds it in well enough and i haven't had a problem yet.

Hey Vanced does that benchmark drop have a quick strip setscrew so you can remove the tank rather quickly? Kinda looks like it cause it has the thumb strippable threads on the top and its rather large. Thatd be cool if you could take it off quickly so you could take your tank off!

I'm kinda in a predicament. I have one of those NW Drop forward Quick disconnects... My System X Xtreme Cradle w/ on/off fits on my stock frame and it has about a 1/2" from the bottom of the PTP grip, which is perfect! It's so tight and I love it. Problem is if i put on my NW QD, it lowers in another 1/2 so its not as tight.

I really wanna use the NW cause thatd be nice to have on there but i want my setup as tight as possible, and i dunno if the extra convenience would be worth the extra 1/2" .. Hmm... Is the intelliframe any taller than the stock single trigger PTP frame? Cause if it was that would fit perfect then.

O well, should be a great setup when all my stuff arrives. I just bought a brand new LAPCO AutoSpirit to go with it also! And I'm looking for a LAPCO Bigshot also! (Check sig)

Should be a great setup. Here is my ideal setup and I will be very close to completing the checklist after my stuff arrives:

PTP Matte Black MicroMag VertFeed 2000 ReTro
- LAPCO Autospirit, LAPCO bigshot
- Level 10
- ReTro valve
- Blade Flat Black Intelliframe
- NW DF QD
- PTP Foregrip
- System X Xtreme Cradle w/ on/off (pic enclosed)
- PMI 68ci/4500psi or 88ci/4500psi (any suggestions on this? I want the most shots i can get but I dont know if the 88ci will fit or if it will be too heavy..I'll have to try the different configs this weekend.)

I also might get it all annodized a glossy black. We'll see, if i can get a cheap enough deal. (I might go to crazyivan over on PBC and have him do my whole setup for 100$ .. I think i wanna go all black, and i love the look of the glossy black vs the flat black. Also, the DF and barrels are glossy and the rest is flat :( )

Anyway should be a FUN project for me. I just sold my sonic bushmaster, so im ready to pimp out my micro!

Great guns, i love them.

Thanks for the pic Vanced!

Here's the Cradle i have on my gun!

dcmander
09-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Here's the glossy black Micromag i saw and fell in love with it.. I probably would have bought it but it was sold by the time i got ahold of the owner. I think he traded it for a Freak Factory Impulse and he said he got ripped off. I think he said he could have sold it for 800$ .. Didnt' have LVL10 in yet..but it IS beautiful!

omni
09-26-2002, 09:38 PM
Humm .. Where I have seen that MicroMag before ...

I saw a picture of it the other day, but I can't place it right now. Hopefully I'll be able to find it again.

dcmander
09-26-2002, 10:02 PM
It was traded to blake_sw I think.

Hey Vanced, just wondering but why did you switch the dye stickies w/o the dye logo thing for ones that do have it? Did you have extra pair lying around or did you make a trade or what?

Do you think they look that much better? :) :) ;) :D

Vanced
09-26-2002, 11:54 PM
It is all flat black. I just like flat a bit better than Gloss. It dosen't show finger prints, doesn't show scrathes as bad, you don't have to constantly buff & polish it to make it look good, and paint will just whipe off without smearing. I hope it preforms as well for you as it does for me... But I am not a flashy kind of guy... Same finish on the Body, Vert Bottle Adapter, Vert Hopper Adapter, and Drop, I also have a flat black Armson Barrel for it.

As for the Drop Forward...(flat black) Yes it has a quick strip thumb screw... I love it , with a quick turn and tank slides off, since the tank is dove tailed it works beatifully with out the need for the NW pull pin... which I do have on my other VF MicroMag becuase I needed a differnt drop to get a 114 CI tank tucked up under .... It is very tight and is the perfect fit to get my tank right up under the fram and balanced where I want with the Big heavy front end of the SS AA Reg...

http://paintball-discounters.automated-shops.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=811&p_catid=136&sid=S04Jr0WiFAX5Wc-10102180487.75

link for it only $19.99 since it doesn't have any other kind of tank adapter with it... pic at end...

As for the Grips yeah I had a black one with the logos from my single trigger benchy. I just think it matches well and picks up the logo off the tank cover nicely.
I have WAY too many extra pieces laying around and now several grips anyway...As for the E-chamber instead of the PTP, just adds that much more room for some minor customazation to add alittle more spice the the plain flat black base color I like.

Well I hope that answers the questions... and any more feel free... thanks again for the kind compliments...

Vanced

dcmander
09-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Thanks for answering all the questions. Awesome setup. It's cool how you got all of the flat black pieces and how it matches well.

I'll get pictures up as soon as my stuff arrives! :)

cphilip
09-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Let me interject one thing on those vertical feed mouths...

I just got one of the new Halo B's and it fit real nice and tight without anything in there to modify it. Couldn't fit any better. Like it was made for it. This was without any modification to the neck or the Halo B. Right outa the box.

So you was looking for an excuse to buy one anyway right? :D

Special note: that E Micro mouth is the same inside as the EMags SS Center feed body is. Its not any larger than that one is. Both fit nice in there wit Halo B at least the new Halo B's.

Vanced
09-27-2002, 10:03 AM
I got the adapter on the my vert feed as you can see...

BUT I agree 100% with Phil...

You "don't" need it if you have a Halo-B. The thing fits very well right out of the box. But my vert was already scratched from the adapter when I was use'n the revy on it. And I had to sand down the Halo-B a good bit to get it to fit my feed collar. And if I hadn't already had it on there I wouldn't of got it if I had my Halo-B at the time. If I ever have it re-anno'd I probably won't use the adapter and get a fresh Halo Body. But it looks & works good enough for now, with the slight cumstom look over any other Vert Feed Micro Body I guess....

And Phil, I also agree you don't need any more excuses to Buy a Halo-B the thing just plan rocks... Nice Micro-E BTW. I am thinking of trading my PF Micro-RT and some $ for one if I can lucky and find someone looking one... I have been considering going "E" for the last few years, just always the arguement I don't play enough to justify the cost.

Vanced

dcmander
09-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Hey Vanced.. Do you have a ReTro valve in your marker? If not, you should consider getting one. It would shoot great with your HALO-B

And the only reasons I don't have a HALO-B is:
A) I have a 12v rev already, and I am going to link it up w/ my i-frame, and I think it will feed fast enough for me.
B) I'm not that fast of shooter.
C) I play front and don't need very long strings for long periods of time.
D) I'm an AGGRESSIVE front player, so I move around a lot, and make a lotta bunker moves. So the weight issue of the HALO also adds hesitation.
E) And no matter how many pictures of the HALO next to the 12v Rev..it STILL LOOKS BIGGER TO ME! Maybe I'm just dumb, and ignorant. But it just seems bulkier to me. :) I dunno..I guess i've just used the 12v rev for so long.. :)
F) Price. I know paintball is expensive, and this is the best loader on the market. But it just seems dumb to me to buy a 100$ loader when I have 50$ one I've had forever and works fine for me.

Anyway.. I know that looks like a lot of reasons, but they probably aren't very good. So you may see me pick one up sometime ;)

Vanced
09-27-2002, 10:35 AM
Yeah, Both my Micro's Have ReTro Valves in it... The one above is one from Pro Team it has the MicroMag name laser engraved on it... the other is just a Plain ReTro Upgrade from AGD ( Yes I know AGD makes um both & and logo is only difference )

And notice the title of the thread...

"My MicroMag ReTro - 2000"

So Yep... playing in reactive trigger Mode... even though since my level 10 mod , it doesn't seem to be quite as reactive, and haven't found a way to tune in quite yet. But waiting till I get a new regulator piston with a higher blow off point, it is an older RT valve so it is capping my velocity at about 280... but that is in the level 10 problems thread in the Tech forum... just hoping once I get around to that, It will help my lack of a good Reactive Trigger... But luckily I have a very quick finger with only a slight noticable let off in RoF, just have to work a bit harder to get it...My other valve is minus level 10 and it just sweet spots pefectly... but with the occsional chop issue.... And curious if my other valve will need a new Reg Piston as well if it goes level 10...

But Hey ... Got Parts... Will Tinker...

As for the Halo-B... As so much else in paintball... It's a personal choice... And I don't like to nock anyone's choice, the Revy is still the norm out there...but my only suggestion is see if you can borrow one and give it a shot... it may just tip you over the top into wanting one...

And glad I could answer any questions shot at me... and nice to see so many othter Micro's out there, but if we keep this up going to end up a Micro Classic Thread... LOL

Vanced

Puddleglum
09-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Here's mine.

I love them both. I've had a total of 4, and am only keeping the RT.

MindlessMicroMag
09-27-2002, 04:45 PM
Here is mine:
http://www.ctoe.com/finalmag2.JPG
PTP Ultra Nickel RT MicroMag
Blade Inteli
CP barrel
Shocktec Drop w/system x on/off
System x 4500/68ci Tank

Smitty2k1
09-29-2002, 12:42 PM
About that vert feed, off NW Paintball, which one would I order for a micromag, I couldnt find one for mags...
But then again Im not too smart... =-D

EsPo
09-29-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Puddleglum
Here's mine.

I love them both. I've had a total of 4, and am only keeping the RT.

does that meen your sellin the other 3, i want one, lmk.

cphilip
09-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Here is mine...

PTP Ultra Nickel Micro E
Lvl 10 installed
Some kinda chrome dovetail drop
Flatline 68/4500
Halo B Clear
Stock Barrel Armson in Nickel
Dye Boom Stick 12"
CP 12" Black in .693

all in a Ghetto Stand... :)

SanDiegoMag
04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Wow, old thread.
Here is mine
http://www.hunt101.com/img/142521.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/143049.jpg
UP

SanDiegoMag
04-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Where can i get one of those e-trigger/batteries for my micro? IF I can..

Vanced
04-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Well, since it was my old thread from about 2 years ago dug up to ask this question I might as well step up and try to answer it...

To upgrade to an E-Micro you would have to talk to PTP ( Pro Team Products)

www.proteamdirect.com

The Micro E-Mag lower half "IS" diffent than the standard E-mag. But having an idea what the cost of they would be new from PTP even IF they are available to be parted out sepratly from buying a complete new gun. I would guess and it is my suggestion that you could find a complete used Micro E-mag in our own gun forums for $600-700 for a idea of a ball park figure. And then either have 2 guns or sell off your old one. Even IF a used Micro E-mag lower half would for some reason become avaliable it would probably go for at least what used E-mag's lower halfs are going for $400-500.

I hope that answers your questions...

BUT if you are not in a hurry or are in a MUST have E-MAG NOW mode... you might want to hold off until the H.A.I.R Trigger mod is available and just add it to your body. It will be probably be cheeper than going the "E" route and will be a bolt on mod without the added headaches of finding a Micro E lower half. That is IF you don't mind having the extra features of an "E" gun and the wait...

Just another worthless virtual 2 cents for ya...

SanDiegoMag
04-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a plan to wait for the hAir trigger. I may have the on/off pin milled and a ULT installed until then. Thanks for the info.