PDA

View Full Version : lvl X leak

grEnAlEins
09-25-2002, 09:41 PM
all orings in my clasic valve are in good condition, and oiled. it still leaks, i put about a case through, with the lvl 10.

also, my foamy shot off!! i cleaned the bolt w/ alchohol, and superglued another in, 2 shots later, it flew out (i let it dry for over 24 hrs)!!

i cant figure out these 2 issues.

also ive found it uses way more air, this may be due to the leak.

Havoc_online
09-25-2002, 09:49 PM
you probably just broke in the o'ring for the level 10, what you need to do is put that same o'ring in the next smaller size of carrier, that should do it.

as far as the foamie, make sure you scratch off all the old glue and gunk, if you can use something to scratch small grooves where the foamie will be glued so the glue has more contact area. Don't just glue the foamie on, you need to keep pressure on it for a while and let it cure for longer than a day to play it safe.

HIKARU
09-26-2002, 02:09 AM
My LX kit came with 2 foamie... however in this link : http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml it doesn't mention the word, "foamie" at all.

On Miscue's LX installation video I don't recall seeing him put a foamie on the bolt, or even mentioning the word, "foamie."

I'm confused, am I supposed to put the foamie on my bolt at all???

Havoc_online
09-26-2002, 03:01 AM
the bolt comes with a foamie on it, the rest in the bag are spares incase it flies off like in this case.

HIKARU
09-26-2002, 04:03 AM
Thanks Havoc, I haven't opened my LX kit yet so I didn't know it had a foamie on it... BUT is the foamie that is already on the LX bolt glued on already, so is it ready to go?

Thanks.

Pand0ra
09-26-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by HIKARU
Thanks Havoc, I haven't opened my LX kit yet so I didn't know it had a foamie on it... BUT is the foamie that is already on the LX bolt glued on already, so is it ready to go?

Thanks.

Normally it should be ready from the box.

I suggest you check how the foamie is glued before you start to use the bolt.
I saw in 2 of my 3 kits foamies not glued correctly (I mean the glue was not strong enough).

@++

Havoc_online
09-26-2002, 05:57 AM
I suggest you check how the foamie is glued before you start to use the bolt. I saw in 2 of my 3 kits foamies not glued correctly Don't mess with the foamie, I wouldnt worry about it unless it fell out, I've worked with plenty of kits and fired them till the tanks ran dry at least 3 times over and have never had a foamie blow off on me. Doesnt mean it wont happen but the odds cant be that bad.

Rabidus
09-26-2002, 12:11 PM
It seems so bizarre that the technology they put into that level 10 bolt that they would of figured out a way to not even need the dreaded foamie...it's like putting a pinwheel on a F-22 and claiming it helps aerodynamics.

Pand0ra
09-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Rabidus
It seems so bizarre that the technology they put into that level 10 bolt that they would of figured out a way to not even need the dreaded foamie...it's like putting a pinwheel on a F-22 and claiming it helps aerodynamics.

It works without the foamie, but it's better to have it.

hitech
09-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Rabidus
...it's like putting a pinwheel on a F-22 and claiming it helps aerodynamics.

You aren't supposed to know about that, it's classified. Except a knock on the door...

;)