PDA

View Full Version : Modified Paintball's phone number DOES ANYBODY KNOW?

hubadlatimmy
09-25-2002, 09:57 PM
I desperately need modified paintball's phone number. They usually have that automatic call back message on but it does not seem to be working. If somebody knows it, it would be so gladly appreciated if you could enlighten me. Thanks

Tunaman
09-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Try 1-800-HISTORY

hubadlatimmy
09-25-2002, 10:20 PM
what??? If you mean do a search for it I already tried. If you mean they closed down or whatever that sucks then I'm ripped off $130. Man please explain I'm dumb

Jack & Coke
09-25-2002, 11:43 PM
I placed an order 3 weeks ago... still no word or return email...:mad:

I called again yesterday and today and got an answering machine (generic default message)... no return call yet.

...Your order has been received and submitted to our sales department.

For questions regarding your modifiedpaintball.com order, please contact MagDoc@modifiedpaintball.com or 209-943-2622

Items currently in stock will ship 2-3 days from date of transaction processing date. Some items may take up to 7 business days to ship and is dependent solely on the manufacturers timeframe. Modified Paintball Products is not responsible for damage incurred during shipping. However, since all items are insured for total value, claims may be made with the carrier for full amount of purchase. ALL!!!returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee. For questions or further inquiries call Terry Harvey at 209-943-2622...

I ordered a warp feed from them. I understand if they are out of stock and all, but how about the courtesy of a return call or email for those of us who have been waiting for many weeks??

:confused:

hubadlatimmy
09-25-2002, 11:45 PM
I have the same exact problem I ordered a warp 4 1/2 weeks ago and called and left a message 2 days ago but lost the number so I asked for it.

I have email countless times with no answer I think thats just $130 of my money gone down the drain.

spazzed
09-25-2002, 11:49 PM
In Don's defense, he's no longer running MP...

hubadlatimmy
09-25-2002, 11:52 PM
ohh I Know, Don would never let something like this happen. I am just quite angred that I'm now missing $130 and since I'm only 16 and work a whole 15 hours a week money is hard to come by especially in the world of paintball.

dansim
09-26-2002, 07:51 AM
actually he probally would call terry around 5-7 cali time hes not that hard to get a hold of, nice comment tunaman:rolleyes:

Thordic
09-26-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by dansim
actually he probally would call terry around 5-7 cali time hes not that hard to get a hold of, nice comment tunaman:rolleyes:

Not that hard to get a hold of?

I've heard these stories from TONS of people. No service AT ALL, unfilled orders, he's leaving all his customers in the dark AFTER he has thier money.

dansim
09-26-2002, 07:55 AM
well whever ive tried to call him he has answered teh phone so i dont think he that hard to get a hold of, also don passed on alot of problems he wasnt told of, i do know hes getting a new comp and his email maybe down

cphilip
09-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by spazzed
In Don's defense, he's no longer running MP...

But he has repeatedly stated that he is still "the owner" and someone else in California is running it.

Don's number: 516-520-6668

spazzed
09-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Very true phil, but who's to say that he's even involved in the runnings of MP at all? Or day to day issues such as orders. For all we know he has no clue what's going on... Of-course on the other side of the fence, he very well may know. But I find that hard to believe. He messed up on one of my orders & fixed it, fast & free (shipping, etc.).

cphilip
09-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Very true. No judgements from me thats for sure. But as owner he bears some responsibiltiy for how its run. That was my only reason for quoting you.

shartley
09-26-2002, 11:48 AM
Good reputations are hard to get… but they are EASY to lose. I would advise someone getting a hold of what is going on there…. I can also tell you that if it was ME who was the owner, I would be very upset…. Whether I RAN the operation any more or not, being the owner means it is my name and reputation that gets hurt as well.

Phil, you are so very correct.

hitech
09-26-2002, 12:23 PM
I don't know who you have emailed, but if you haven't tried this email address you might want to.

Terry Harvey
roost62@pacbell.net

Jack & Coke
09-26-2002, 12:57 PM
I just got off the phone with Don. He is very upset and has been trying for the last week to get a hold of Terry. Don said that like the rest of us, all he has been getting is an answering machine.

I just want to let you guys know that he is aware of the problem and is very concerned about your orders and lack of customer service.

If I get more news, I'll post it here...

fbody93
09-26-2002, 01:15 PM
You can count me in as having an unfilled order I placed over 4 weeks ago. I like the rest have called and left messages, emailed the business and Don with no results. I would not mind if something was not in stock and I was told about it...no problem with waiting for it then, but i'm left in the dark and believe I will never receive the stuff I ordered!

GregM

TRIAD
09-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Guys, it's time to take some more action, serious group action. You need to start filing reports again MPP. I have heard numerous problems here on the boards, and believe this is NOT proper business practice. It's for you to decide, but as a customer, you have the right to do so. I would've taken action already, but that's just me. So, if you want to see your items, or your money, get started.

Jack & Coke
09-26-2002, 06:34 PM
Terry just called me.

He said he just got back from Arizona where he had a family crisis (father had a heartattack). He said he's got a hit list of people to call back so if you called and left a message, he said he will follow up.

As far as orders go, the items I ordered have not come in yet from AGD (warp) and Lapco yet. As soon as they arrive, he said he'll shot me confirmation email. I mention this because if you're still waiting, you may be in the same boat as me.

Terry said when he took over Modifiedpaintball their where many screwed up orders and backorders that he has had to sift through and follow up on.

I got the impression that there was much miscommunication, poor oraganization, and unlucky events during this recent transition. It sounded to me like Terry cares about what's going on and is trying very much to correct things.

Only time will tell. I certainly wish him the best... especially since Modified has always had pretty competitive prices.

hubadlatimmy
09-26-2002, 09:23 PM
Well I just got off the phone with him and he was VERY informative and helpfull. Just give this guy a call and he'll help you out. I just wanted to say he did in fact have a family emergency and left very suddenly.

Once again just try calling him it helped a TON.

dansim
09-26-2002, 09:54 PM
see i told you;)

cphilip
09-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Actions speak louder than words...

TRIAD
09-27-2002, 05:15 AM
According to Jack & Coke and hubadlatimmy, both Don and Terry are very "helpful". Now, obviously one of them made a mistake, and now obvously both of them are trying to act nice and blame it on the other. So, we'll have to see how this all works out and what happens. But let me just say I'd be taking some action right now. This isn't very good business for MPP. I know that I don't recommend them anymore, after hearing some of the problems they've had.

cwuchu
09-27-2002, 05:21 AM
I talked with Terry last night about an AGD Flatline I've been waiting for since July. He said in addition to three flatlines that have been shipped out in the past couple of days, about 30 warp feeds have also been sent with the $9000 order. So I hope that will give you guys who have gotten all strung up about your warp feed order some relief.

hubadlatimmy
09-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Call him if you have a discrepancy my order was figured out withing 5 min and he was very helpfull.

fbody93
11-22-2002, 05:02 AM
Still don't have my stuff. Terry gives me empty promises everytime I talk to him, and that's only when he decides to call me back! WARNING to everyone reading. You take a big chance of never getting what you pay for when you buy from Modified Paintball.

GregM

Xen
11-22-2002, 09:01 AM
Took me 3 months to get my stuff. I dont belive the heart attack thing. Terry is a liar and will do anything to get him a few extra days. Just ask for a full refund and buy it from another site. I wont ship the product till its the last minute.

cledford
11-22-2002, 02:41 PM
I don't know the guy or if he had a family emergency or not - but truthfully it does not matter if he did.

By leaving town without any sort of notification (posts to various major boards, a post at his web site) he very much brought his integrity into question. I know how difficult it is to deal with a family emergency - I lost my Dad and was out a week during that time also. That did not excuse me for keeping in contact with work or trying to do everything I could to help mitigate my unexpected absence - and I didn't have anyone's money! It was difficult and I would have preferred to not have had the distraction, but it's called "responsibilities of adulthood" folks, and many in the paintball industry missed the class on it.

I hear crap like this all of the time with regard to paintball and it really pisses me off. The only reason dealers, vendors and manufacturers get away with this crap (which they could never pull in another industry) is because *we* allow them to.

Along with hype mongers, people who run poor retail businesses and manufacturers who can't meet commitments (within several months) really burn me up.

Sorry if his Dad was ill, but that's really no excuse to walk out on a business and it's customers with nary a word.

-Calvin (my rant of the day)