PDA

View Full Version : emag on/off o-ring issue..help!

kilaueakid
09-26-2002, 12:42 AM
My teammate just picked up a used emag....s# in the 600's. We noticed some issues when rapid firing. After examining the valve and comparing to mine(sfl emag valve), his on/off top is aluminum and mine is brass. Also mine has an o-ring that goes around the quad o-ring. The gun in question was missing this o-ring. After installing the o-ring out of a rt parts kit, the on/off assembly does not push all the way down and is far from being flush like it should be.

It appears that the hole in my valve is deeper than this one, or it could just be an illusion?? Where there ever any changes made to the RT valve back in the s# 600's?

So as it stands, it is operating with just a quad o-ring and the on/off assembly on top of it.

Symptoms sound almost like short stroking. This gun does have level 10 setup. Various carriers, shims, springs and even different ajustable air tanks were tried with the similar/same results.

Anyone have any suggestions??

thanks,

cphilip
09-26-2002, 07:57 AM
There were two different tops as you describe and there should not be any oring in his top area. Just the quad. And the on off pins were different lengths. Maybe his is broken off or the wrong pin? This would cause some incomplete strokes in the fireing sequence of the on off as the pin may not be completely allowing the air to pass through the on off. I do not recall exactly what those lengths were. Black could tell you though. Maybe he will check in here... Or call tech and ask what length you need for that particular on off top.

Here is a test you do not describe doing...swap the entire on off assembly from yours to his..exactly the same way yours is when its working...If that fixes it then its the on off pin most likely...worth a shot.

But if it does fix it do not let him grab his now working marker and run with it!!! Keep yourself between him and the door! :D

BlackVCG
09-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Here's the deal.

Your friend's E-Mag was setup the way it should be. If it has an aluminum top, then it should only have the quad o-ring. You can see that they counterbored the hole so only the quad o-ring could fit in the on/off hole. The aluminum top and quad o-ring only was found on the first 1000 E-Mags or so. They use a .725" pin.

The all brass on/off assembly uses a .712" pin and the quad o-ring and PT o-ring around it. The bottom of the on/off is the same depth, it's not counterbored like the valve with the aluminum top.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 11:45 AM
See? I told ja he would know it! :D

kilaueakid
09-26-2002, 11:57 AM
thanks guys, it appears we solved the issue by putting in a longer on/off pin and replacing a bunch of o-ring. Thanks for your time!!

kila