PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the Twist-Lock assy?

xprod77
09-26-2002, 07:03 AM
Hey Guys, anyone know how to remove the twist lock assembly from a stock 68 mag body rail?? I've tried almost everyhthing and can't get it to budge. Thanks!

cphilip
09-26-2002, 07:46 AM
It's pressed in there. You should be able to take a punch and tap it out from the back side. Be carefull. It may destroy it and/or not fit back in tight in that rail. I am wondering why you want to remove it? If it's to go into another rail I really recommend you just install a new one in that other rail. Just in case.

xprod77
09-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks Cphillip... It is for another rail... I already ordered a new one from AGD because it was just impossible to take out the one on the rail. Will it be as hard to put in the new one as it is to take it out?

cphilip
09-26-2002, 04:28 PM
Well it will need to be pressed in. What most of us do is find a socket out of our socket sets that is just big enough to go around that tip that springs up but not so bit it will not contact the edges around the tip. Then use a rubber or plastic mallet to tap it on in. May help to smear a little marker oil on it too. Tap it firmly on that socket till it goes flush on those edges. Lay everything on a folded towel to prevent scratching it up.

xprod77
09-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Cool..thanks for the tips!