PDA

View Full Version : The cphilip Micro E

cphilip
09-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Ok this is now a completed set up. Time to sell it huh? :D

This is an Ultra Chrome PTP Micro Emag was completely teched over by BlackVCG last week and I just got it back and its ripping to beat the band! He can fix anything!!! You may recall this had a firing issue that he found to be a combination of a wandering plunger rod and too long an on off pin. All returned to normal now and it's rocking like Granny on steroids.

Set up: I slapped a brand new Flatline 68/4500 on it that just came to me on Tuesday and a brand new Halo B. It's sporting Lvl 10 inside and SS lines. I think thats a Kap Chrome drop not sure. Blues Tank cover. Shown here with the stock barrel but I also have a 12" Boomy for it. these things have the bright display and stock bord otherwise with vs 1.37 in them. Super light set up with the Aluminum Body and the Flatline on there. And the Halo keeps up nicely.

Took it out last night and ripped two Halo's full of paint through it fast. Perfect!!!!

cphilip
09-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Other side...

shartley
09-26-2002, 09:09 AM
Very nice looking setup Phil! It is ALMOST my style… just needs some black to accent the chrome. ;)

Gitaroo Man
09-26-2002, 09:14 AM
sweet, if you wanna sell it you could just send it over here.........i'll pay for shipping :D

cphilip
09-26-2002, 09:15 AM
Thanks Sam...A Black barrel looks nice on it for certain. the Boomy is SS back with Black tip that realy sets it off too and I stuck a short CP Black Gloss on it and that even looks grat too. Almost anything goes with Chrome.

You guys know how hard it is to get a picture of Chrome? Never looks that good at all in pictures. Trust me its sweeter in person.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 09:21 AM
Let me see if I can get one a little larger in here...

cphilip
09-26-2002, 09:24 AM
And larger on the right side...

Swanky_Sam
09-26-2002, 09:41 AM
nice. I was wondering is the halo adds mag weight. Love your set up, i am for all chrome to

pito189
09-26-2002, 09:43 AM
Shrink wrap the SS line. That will set it off nicely if you do it in black, and it will protect all that pretty chrome from the nasty SS line.

Very nice gun. :D

I want one now!

cphilip
09-26-2002, 09:55 AM
Actaully was thinking of using clear on that...

pito189
09-26-2002, 10:03 AM
That would work also.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 10:20 AM
Hmmmm..enlarged ones are not so good are they? Have to try and redo them.

Load SM5
09-26-2002, 11:30 AM
A wee bit of atristic advise Phil old chap. Weather permitting, take the gun outside to take pics. The natural light makes chrome and other shiney parts photograph a little better. It took me a lot of stinky indoor digital pics to figure that out.

Oh and NICE GUN! That's what you'll be walking off the field with at the SC meet? ;) Can't wait to see it.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Yes good advice...but as you know...its raining like heck in the SE today.

Yes I will stop by the dead box and show it to you! :D

lopxtc
09-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Very nice ... *L* if you ever wanna trade I have a blue orracle with 68/4500 tank to offer :)

Very nice setup though.

Aaron

Load SM5
09-26-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I slapped a brand new Flatline 68/4500 on it that just came to me on Tuesday....

Just noticed this bit. Congrats on getting one in, were you stunned when you saw it?;)

Originally posted by cphilip

Yes I will stop by the dead box and show it to you! :D

Nice that you can keep a good positive outlook on life at your advanced age...:D Maybe we can form a team of longhairs for the tourny.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

Just noticed this bit. Congrats on getting one in, were you stunned when you saw it?;)

Shhhhh! It may have been a mistake!!! ;)

Nice that you can keep a good positive outlook on life at your advanced age...:D Maybe we can form a team of longhairs for the tourny.

"Hippies take Hilltop?" Nice ring to it!! :D

Load SM5
09-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Army will have to smack us down on principle alone.:cool:

cphilip
09-26-2002, 01:05 PM
...well I wasn't gonna burn no flags or nuttin!!! :eek:

Bad_Knees
09-26-2002, 01:09 PM
Very Nice Marker cphilip...I hope to join your ranks someday ;)

RetroEclipseMan
09-26-2002, 01:22 PM
That is truely a work of art. I think if I could get a hold of one of those I could do without getting an extreme...wait I'd just have to get both.

*ArKfEaR*
09-26-2002, 02:57 PM
phil thats a chrome P&P Drop :)

almost sure.

Army
09-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Army will have to smack us down on principle alone.:cool:
Heh heh heeeeeh!

petefol
09-26-2002, 05:20 PM
very nice gun, but i think the sweetest part is that he only bought it for 550$ i think, including the boomstick and a 68/4500 aa apocalypse.... so, if you ever want to sell it ill definatly take it.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 07:38 PM
Well no that was not what it ended up costing. Thanks to all you high rollers out there! :(

A bit more when it was fixed than 600 in it, just the marker...but still a deal...course it had issues both the marker and the tank...the tank is now at AA for a fix and hydro and that cost me more money too.

The tank that is on there is not the tank I bought with it. Them Flatline suckers is at least $350 And then the cost of sending it out to Black and paying return costs and some fittings...and level 10 theres another $100....and a Halo another $100 plus dollars again...you get the picture? It quickly adds up to over a $1100 and some change that I have in it! Soo now you still think its gonna be cheap? Course its worth prolly 13-14 hundred but still!

joeyjoe367
09-26-2002, 10:50 PM
I'm disappointed Phil... :( You sold the tequila Sunrise e-mag for... this?

Shame on you!

I guess it's cool tho, phil, cuz I get to shoot it (the sunrise) this weekend :)

Hope you enjoy your new gun, you bad, bad man! :D

cphilip
09-27-2002, 07:59 AM
Well there was no plan to do that. I sold the tequila for an extreme. But I had expected it to take some time for the Tequila to sell and it didn't so I found myself without a marker at all. So I bought a Emag from Tuna to fill the void. then all the sudden this one shows up on the market and close to me too. So i said well I will take a chance on it. Now remember it was not working so there was big risk in that. But that is the reason it was cheap. Anyway I still would like to end up with Extreme after its all over. I am waiting in line like all the rest of you.

Hey Enjoy shooting it. It's not the same as I had it set up when I sold it though. He has stripped it to some degree. But it shoots like a dream anyway so...

Mango
09-27-2002, 09:29 AM
WOW! Gorgeous marker Phil!!! :D

petefol
09-27-2002, 10:17 AM
well its still a great deal for a sweet gun

cphilip
09-27-2002, 10:25 AM
Turned out that way pretty much. :)

However people fail to realise all the additional cost of getting one completely together so I pointed that out! And all the effort that it takes to make one right.

cphilip
09-29-2002, 01:39 PM
Got one out in the sunlight lets see how this one looks...

cphilip
09-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Well not too much better...

Dayspring
09-29-2002, 03:54 PM
It'll be nice to see that walking it's way to the dead zone during the SC AO day. :D (I can't talk, I'm w/o marker until wed. Then "I tog Emag!!!"

shartley
09-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Phil… find a nice tree like I used for mine (gives good contrast) and for the sake of God man… LEARN TO FOCUS YOUR CAMERA! ;)

cphilip
09-29-2002, 04:28 PM
uhh...its on auto! I must have moved or something?

shartley
09-29-2002, 05:06 PM
Okay… try this. Most Digitals have a two part process for auto focus. The first part is at half pressed and the actual shot is taken when fully pressed. You may try moving the focal center point to the black grips, half compress the button… then when the light goes on (in your viewfinder, or beside it) KEEP it compressed but move the camera so that the shot is like you want. Then fully compress!

This should keep the focal point the same as when you had it on the grip. I say to use the grip so that it has a good focal reference (sometimes very reflective things cause auto focus’ to act up and not work right.. they get confused). As long as you don’t move your camera a great deal, this should work like a charm.

It is also used for talking pictures of non-centered objects that you want IN focus but not centered. Auto Focus likes to take whatever is completely centered and use THAT to focus on.. so you have to fool them sometimes. Most of this should be in your manual anyway. ;)

Hope this helps.

cphilip
09-29-2002, 05:12 PM
well on further thought I did loan this thing out to the field guys while I was reffing. I better go back and look at the settings in it. In there attempt to learn it and all they may have changed something. I never had this problem before except the occasional one. Never more than one... and realy did not have time to teach them anything so they had to learn OJT with it. I know i told them to empty the card first on it and it took them some time to find that menu...so...some stuff may have been changed.

shartley
09-29-2002, 05:20 PM
ahhh... next time you see them... slap them. :)

cphilip
09-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Well not totaly their fault they came up to me as we were starting the second game wanting to know if it was there. So I told them where in my truck to look and that they were on their own...

The Problem with Reffin is you play EVERY game. Teams play and then break and at the most have one back to back instance and an hour or so between sometimes. We were out there all day! I was beat!!! And you get hit more than anyone else too. I mean as a player you get hit once and your out. You may get hit three or so times a game. But try being out there and getting hit like 5-6 times a game for 26 straight games!!!! I am covered in welts. My wife when I came home said "what? I thought you were reffing" when she saw all the paint on me. She needs to come watch. I had to explain all this to her. We do not have nor do we prefer to carry shields. And many times you have to run right into the hail of paint to check something. I got hit most blindsided by balls bouncing off of barrels or squirrly shots. One time right in the mouth piece. I got lots of welts today and sore calf muscles too...

I did find several things changed but unfortulately I do not know what they are as they are symbols and the manual is at work. However it does have a set to defaults when powered off. And that was checked no. SO I changed it to yes, powered it off and back on and several symbols have come up that were not there before. Seemed like it always worked fine in default so I think I am on to this now.

Chupe
09-29-2002, 10:54 PM
even though the pics arent that great you can still see that its a great gun. nice job.
chad

bers
09-30-2002, 12:15 AM
Cphilip,
I have a PTP ultra blue micro emag and Halo B too and i was wondering
if you've ever had problems with double feeding on your micro e. Mine double feeds all the time and i cant seem to fix it.

Most people say my ball detent is too soft. Do you know if Blackvcg modified your ball detent in any way?

bers
09-30-2002, 12:36 AM
BTW,
that Ultra nickel micro Emag rocks!

cphilip
09-30-2002, 08:27 AM
bers,

I have only fired two hoppers through it since its return from Black. But no double feeds that I saw. And I think Black put several Hoppers through it for testing too and he didn't report having to do anything to the detante. However your trouble does sound like detante. I know for a fact Black was using a Halo on this when he tested and so was I. If your spring was a little weak that could explain it. Call PTP and get a whole new one. I think that is the problem you are having. Sure sounds like it to me.