PDA

View Full Version : For those who know about custom jerseys...

Duke Henry
09-26-2002, 01:01 PM
As our team shops for jerseys in the offseason, we are trying to find out what the best methods are for applying names, decals, etc. to a jersey. I am sure there are different methods, and we want to get jerseys that don't have the applied graphics and whatnot come off after a few washes.

Also, perhaps an even more important question is - are there any jerseys we should stay away from? Not only brand name, but even specific fabrics? We may get a local place to do our jerseys, but I need to know if the stuff they will make will last at least a few years!

FrAuStY
09-26-2002, 02:49 PM
First, about applying the names/letters/emblem... STAY AWAY FROM IRON-ON decals and such. These are the ones that come off. You may want to look-up a local embroidery shop and see what they charge. If you want the decals to stay on...make sure they use some type of fabric adhesive to hold them on, then sew around the edges. Not only does it look cleaner.. it helps hold them to the fabric. Only drawback.. the stitches may eventually tear the jersey from rough play. Which leads me to your second question.

Most jerseys are made from the same fabric (I think 25% cotton/75% Poleyester I haven't looked yet). Only other option would be look into getting a soccer jersey. They are a little more expensive, but the are much better built. If you're wanting a paintball jersey to last you two years.. .you better not play rough. I've had one for about 4 months.. and I play once or twice a month. I slide and dive into bunkers and its already starting to show signs of wear. Your best bet would be looking into at least 2 if not 3 different jerseys to wear. ><My .02><

boomerfoxtrot
09-26-2002, 03:46 PM
The Paintball Junkie Jerseys are 100% Poleyester ... they stay cooler, but as far as lasting longer I don't know, I've only have mine a week.

Duke Henry
09-26-2002, 07:13 PM
One option we were kicking around was getting a local shop that makes hockey jerseys for amateur teams to make us a paintball cut version. Don't know the cost, but I imagine it will be pricey. However, I imagine that they can take a beating.

Thanks for the responses.