PDA

View Full Version : a little help? mag won't fire

darklord
09-26-2002, 03:59 PM
My mag isn't firing, the bolt isn't going forward. I hear no leaking, but I gassed it up and the bolt simply refuses to move. What's the deal? I can pull the trigger, and I hear a "sst" from the bolt, but it doesn't go forward. Oh yeah and when I take out my quick disconnect screw and try to pull the valve out, I have to pull the trigger before it pops out.

HoppysMag
09-26-2002, 04:24 PM
well your valve not coming out is the on/off pin sticking out ( its normal, if you know how a mag works then it kinda obvious why its ok) and i donno about your bolt... if you dont understand what im sayin then i will explain... just say the word.

rhetor22
09-26-2002, 04:24 PM
have you done any messing around with the trigger rod?

anything you changed before it started doin that?

darklord
09-26-2002, 04:27 PM
I think it has to do with the trigger, but I'm not really familiar with mags (this is my 1st mag), so what exactly is the trigger rod? I took off my intelli at one point and took out the sear... that'd probably do it. How should the trigger rod be placed? I was trying to install my level 10, and it wouldn't work with practically any carrier, so I tried the stock bolt and stuff and it still wouldn't work. Pics would be great, so I can see what the trigger rod is and how to position it.... thanks guys

edit: I take it the rod is the little rod attached to the sear, right? Well I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how the rod will be propped up against the trigger in order for the sear to work....any help would be great

darklord
09-26-2002, 06:24 PM
seriously I need help with this.... I might have to watch the mag video again, but I keep trying to prop the rod against that little nub part of the trigger (inside the frame) but when I go to put the frame onto the body the sear isn't popped up.

joeyjoe367
09-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Hey Cool, that's my ol' mag, isn't it?

Well, for starters, toss in the old standard length spring, and turn up your velocity high enough to get it to fire correctly.

this is all assuming that your gun isn't leaking due to a loose carrier, and that you've got enough shims in there. Add shims 1 at a time until it starts leaking, and then take that one off.

After you've got the gun shooting at the correct velocity, toss in the mid. spring, and see if it'll shoot. if not, turn up the pressure until it does, and check to make sure that the velocity you're shooting at is safe.

the mid. spring should be good enough for most people, but if you want it to be super-paint-friendly, see if you can put in the largest spring.

darklord
09-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Yeah Joe it's your old mag, but the problem is the intelli and sear+trigger rod, not the LX. I actually had the LX semi-working at one point but for one reason or another I ended up like this. Now I can't even fit the valve assembly inside the body with the trigger frame on. I got a diagram of a basic mag off the AGD site, but I'm still baffled. It's basically the trigger that's being a pain, and I'd rather not take it to a technician since I need this thing working by this sunday.

I fixed getting the valve in, but I need to try shooting it... I'm keeping my fingers crossed

HoppysMag
09-26-2002, 07:48 PM
check and see if ur sear rod is bent.

Schnitzel
09-26-2002, 07:48 PM
when the marker is degassed, the trigger rod is loose(no pressure). If it's gassed up and still you cant see the trigger rod, then it may not be long enough, but it shouldn't be a problem unless it was tampered with. Get some dial calipers and measure from the back of the hinge to the end of the rod. It should be 1.985 inches.

pulling the trigger is SOP for removing the valve. Try going back to just the stock bolt, spring, powertube o-ring, and powertube spacer, and then come back and explain what happens.

darklord
09-27-2002, 01:36 PM
I gassed it up today and it still wouldn't fire. I measured the trigger rod and it's exactly 2"... I pull the trigger and nothing happens. No leaks though

Shirow
09-27-2002, 02:14 PM
turn up the velocity, level 10 needs to be cranked a lot higher than level 7, especially if you're using the med/long spring. I have to use in the short spring in mine, or the valve vents gas.

Shadow221
09-27-2002, 03:57 PM
what pressure are you running at? A friend of mine had 400 psi and didn't realize it. He had the same probelms as you. With around 800psi and turned up velocity it should work.

darklord
09-27-2002, 10:51 PM
Just to clarify:
1)Problem exists with both level 10 and stock bolt/powertube stuff
2)I am 85% sure it's related to the placement of the trigger rod
3)I've gotten the gun to fire, but it only burps, and it constantly leaks (what it's currently doing)
4)I'm testing it with a preset (800psi output) crossfire n2 tank, so freezing or low pressure shouldn't be a problem.

I really don't get this, and I fear that I'll have to use a crappy stock spyder for my big game on sunday, since the guy at the paintball store offered no help at all.

darklord
09-28-2002, 12:54 PM
What should I do? Here's two ways I've tried to place the rod- with sear correctly in place, I put rod up against the back of the trigger (the flat part) and you can see it poking out of the frame against the trigger. I've also tried putting it up against the little "nub" in the back of the trigger, hidden inside the frame. Both didn't work, I really need to know how this is mounted!

Note: I tried replacing all the o-rings, reg seat, etc. from my Automag/Minimag parts kit and now it leaks down the barrel. What's the deal?

athomas
09-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Make sure the sear pin is pushed tightly down into the rail. The trigger pin sits loosely behind the trigger when at rest with no air. It should be pushed out towards the trigger with about 1/16" gap when gassed up.

When you change o-rings, make sure you use plenty of lubrication to properly seat them.

Make sure the bolt spring you use is not worn out. It should extend about 1/4" beyond the tip of the bolt.

Make sure the on/of top is not upside down(if it is an older X type).

I hope you get it working. Its frustrating when things don't work properly for no apparent reason.

lmpbzkt153j
09-30-2002, 09:49 AM
It i syour trig rod if u have stock fram it should measure the 2 inches or what ever they say but i had to change it with my new frame because it was longer so play around with it tighten it more and see if it shoots happenedto me when i was lightenin my trig youll find it give ot some time make sure the sear pin isnt really loose or every time u shoot i t will prob go in cause of vibration.

darklord
09-30-2002, 01:58 PM
thanks for the help guys, I think it was the on/off top that was the culprit...unfortunately I already dropped the mag off at the store so it's too late.... thanks anyway AO!