PDA

View Full Version : My AGD vertical Bottle Adaptor Is cutting orings, I think the pin is too long

A.T.S
09-26-2002, 04:14 PM
My A.G.D. Vertical bottle adapter Leaks befor the bottle is all the way in because the pin is too long inside the adaptor, causing me to sometimes cutt my o rings. Should I send it to A.G.D? or is there an easy way to file down the pin?

Dragoon
09-26-2002, 04:54 PM
In the past whenever I've run into this type of problem I solved it by using an extra o-ring. Before screwing in the bottle put an extra o-ring in the vertical adaptor (you'll have to turn the marker upside down so it dosn't fall out). The o-ring acts a spacer.

This may not be a long term solution, but it will stop your frustrating, o-ring damaging problems.

Douglas

Army
09-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Closely examine the front edge that retains the O-ring on the tank. It may be bent or cracked, pushing the O-ring out too far where it gets cut by the threads.

If not, drop in that extra O-ring before you screw in the bottle.

A.T.S
09-26-2002, 05:37 PM
There is a slight bend in the lip on the tank. When I screw the tank into my procrb there is no problem. Could the vertical adaptor on the mag be less tolerant of this bend? This is the first time using the adaptor and the tank is new today.

personman
09-26-2002, 06:08 PM
I dont know if this is your problem, but that happens to me when I am low on air..

A.T.S
09-26-2002, 07:00 PM
Dropping in the O-ring did not work. I do not understand how it could (Please explain how it is supposed to help). The tank O-ring is not yet seated by the time the valve pin is depressed. The second O-ring made it harder to get the seal. My remote screws into the vert adaptor with ought a problem and it seals. The pin on my procarb bottom line is shorter than the one in the mag vert adaptor and the tank seals with ought a problem. I need the o-ring to seal before the valve pin is depressed. I think the only way to do this would be to file the pin in the vert adaptor. Am I Correct?

rx2
09-26-2002, 07:21 PM
I have had the same exact problem with every AGD adapter I have tried, and with every tank I have tried it with. The only things that have worked for me are getting an on/off tank, or getting a non-AGD adapter. Filing the pin didn't seem to be working too well, but with the limited resources I had, I perhaps didn't get it down far enough.

A.T.S
09-26-2002, 07:24 PM
Wow that is not wat I wanted to hear:(

rx2
09-26-2002, 07:34 PM
I suppose I should state some sort of disclaimer, as they do on weight-loss commercials or get rich quick schemes.

This was a UNIQUE experience! Your results may vary.

I don't know why I have such problems, as I haven't heard many problems with the adapters. I have just had NO luck with them, at all. Try filing down the pin in the adapter; it just may work. Do so a little at a time, though. You wouldn't want to file it down until it is no longer of sufficient length to fully open the valve.

A.T.S
09-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Ok, I think I am going to start filing it down. Someone stop me if this is a bad idea! I will wait for 15 minutes.

A.T.S
09-26-2002, 08:57 PM
Well... I filed it down and now It seals. The vertical adaptor pin Is a little longer than my procarb's so I think I will get enough air into the gun. Thank you for your help!!!:)

joeyjoe367
09-26-2002, 10:46 PM
No, Thank YOU for helping yourself ;)