PDA

View Full Version : SL-68 II Aftermarket barrels?

FalconGuy016
09-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know of any SL-68 II aftermarket barrels? like ANYTHING at all?? I cant find any barrels. I hear of lots of people having them though.

Spray Painter
09-26-2002, 09:02 PM
i think it takes pro/carbine,prolite,and a-5 barrels

z-zero
09-26-2002, 09:05 PM
I think 888paintball.com has some JJ ceramic ones in their clearence section for the sl. If not there you can ask around at pumpplayers.com, or stockclasspaintball.com. Everyone there is really nice.

z-zero

(EDIT)

The SL does not take any kind of threaded barrel. Its a friction fit, similar to the palmer blazer, which reminds me, palmer will make one for you if you ask. I'm not sure about price though.

z-zero

Spray Painter
09-26-2002, 09:14 PM
I thought tippmann made them?

-edit- i just went to 888 and found out they were made by tippmann. i just thought they would use the same threads as most of the other guns made by tippmann.

z-zero
09-26-2002, 09:35 PM
Here is the link to the JJ barrel.

http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=18%2D3%2D4%2DBRL+SL2+CRM+2

z-zero

Duke Henry
09-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Sl68 doesn't have a threaded barrel. At least, mine doesn't. :-)

However, Lapco is planning on releasing a limited number of Bigshot barrels in a month or so...might want to keep your eyes open for them.

For now, just polish up the stock barrel - it can be made to shoot pretty darn well.

Vanced
09-27-2002, 08:20 AM
I know this may sound a bit crazy... but it DOES work. I have one on my SL-68 II .... Go out and find what ever threaded barrel you want. Go over to your friendly grinding wheel and wack off the threads. Just try to make sure you don't let the OD on the barrel get too small. And be carefull to keep it round. (2nd one we did we actually chucked it up in a lathe and used a file to keep it round) And it is fine if you still have some of the threads on the barrel. They will be flattend out pertty much and the pressure fit of gun body when tighted down on them will hold them just fine. Yes I have done this when hanging out with my friend at BOA barrels, and it works nicely. We used a 12" Spyder barrel that had some cosmetic errors on the out side of it so he couldn't sell it full price so he gave it too me cheep, And well you can't see um under the pump arm. LOL Just an option, although maybe not the best one... and maybe a way to get a barrel for your Pump from another barrel you just had laying around and didn't have a need for or from a barrel you pick up used very cheeply.

Vanced

krafty
09-27-2002, 12:58 PM
www.countypaintball.com has a few barrels that fit... although I find it hard to fathom paying $90 for a smart parts barrel for a $80 gun. :) They're slip-fit barrels, not threaded.