PDA

View Full Version : question to all impy owners

FeuerFri
09-26-2002, 09:58 PM
are impys hard on on paint? being that they run on a nice low pressure, would i be fine on any paint as long i find good paint barrel match?
i am geting mine tomorrow and i plan on playing sunday so i wanna know what paint will work well in it.
thanx alot.

Mossman
09-27-2002, 06:59 AM
I got mine, but havent used it much since I have to sell it. I put maybe 600 balls thru it first time I used it. Broke 1 in barrel, none in gun. That tells ya something

CobraC
09-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Ahhh... Welcome to the impy family. I got my impy about six months ago and love it. It's given me some trouble, but what gun doesnt? Keep it greased, about every case or two of paint. After you do it a few times you'll have it down to five minutes or so. Go buy the craftmens wrench for it. I *think* (for some reason) That it is 3/4, don't use an adjustible, you'll scratch it up. There are many upgrades now, first you should get a new delrin bolt. After that I would do the front reg kit from planete eclipse, of course you need to do the adjustible trigger somewhere in there. With those three upgrades you'll have an awsome gun. The front reg will make it more consistant and efficient. You shouldnt have a ball chopping issue with good paint, and a barrel match. Any questions about it shoot my way. AIM is sirpsychos3xy. I'll be more then happy to help.

shartley
09-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by CobraC
Ahhh... Welcome to the impy family. I got my impy about six months ago and love it. It's given me some trouble, but what gun doesnt?
Well.... my RT Pro has not given me ANY trouble. ;)

cris8762
09-27-2002, 03:34 PM
sam, sam, sam:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: not everyone is as lucky as you are:rolleyes: ;) :p :D

shartley
09-27-2002, 03:39 PM
I know. :D But I think it has more to do with a quality product, over luck. ;) And I say this because really I am NOT a very lucky guy.

hitech
09-27-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Well.... my RT Pro has not given me ANY trouble. ;)

Funny, my Automag Classic hasn't either. ;)

magsRus
09-27-2002, 09:45 PM
I have shot cheap Great American paintballs thru my impulse and they work fine..but I only use diablo now I'm not so cheap!

CpSuPeRkId
09-27-2002, 10:51 PM
ok i come from a mag loving backround i love xtremes and emags soo much. i was gonna get one but i couoldnt wait to save 1000 dollars so instead i went for the next best no chopping blazing speed gun there is: THE IMPULSE. i have nothing to say except these are the smoothest and best shooting guns ive ever shotten. vision=no chops since ive had my gun. easy easy maintenance if u arent scared to open up and paly doctor. i havent had 1 problem with the gun. most people have problems with the max flo if they have any problems at all. i had none except the pin in my max flo asa was too long so i had to tap it in to the length i wanted. the gun is probably the easiest gun on paint next to an xtreme with lvl10 and ace combined. but i dunno if u can even say that considering u wont break a ball unless u chop but vision takes care of chopping. im now selling my impulse to get a nasty impulse. point is, get one and u wont be disappointed.(get an eclipse trigger and a delrin bolt and u are set)

FeuerFri
09-28-2002, 01:51 AM
i got mine today, right after school i flew to my moms work to pick it up(she has to give them my checks, i wouldnt be home), and as soon as i got it i pluged in my n2 tank, r2k, and filled it with a load of allstars i bought back on mothers day. i set up a lil cusion to unload in and ohhhmy. the stock trigger so sweet compared my mag i had!! i love it!! and i was so supprised it unloaded a full hopper of old a$$ paint and not one broke, that is pure sweetness right there.

i wondering, what all balls are scented?

EsPo
09-28-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by hitech

Funny, my Automag Classic hasn't either. ;)

funny, my automag classic has..

magking1971
09-28-2002, 04:44 PM
I LOVED my impulse and NEVER had a problem with it, and I could shoot it faster than my mag:)
The only reason I got rid of it was bacause I could not get used to the feel of it and could not get comfy shooting the darn thing.
It just goes with my theory on all markers(real guns too), who cares what it is and who makes it, shoot what your comfy with!

FeuerFri
09-28-2002, 05:23 PM
magking1971-i am exactly the opposite, mag didnt sit well with me.
i got one last question for anyone who knows: is that battery that came with the imp a rechargable?
and how long does the one usully last?

magking1971
09-29-2002, 10:17 AM
It's just a regular 9 volt and if you buy a good brand like the energizer e titianium the battery will last a long time.