PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Twist Lock Question

CMDane
09-26-2002, 11:46 PM
I purchased a Taso SS 14" barrel this afternoon, but it's a bear to get the barrel out, you basically have to remove the screw inside the trigger guard (Benchmark Double Trigger). The tech at the shop said that it looked like the Twist Lock pin was sticking out into the chamber a bit too far, thus making removal difficult. Is it possible to drop the twist lock's height a little bit, or do I need to do something with the barrel?

Thanks,
Charles

joeyjoe367
09-27-2002, 02:53 AM
just take the rail off, and you'll notice on the other side of the pin, there's a teeny hex nut.

just loosen that a bit, and you should be good to go.

CMDane
09-29-2002, 12:26 PM
but the whole assembly ended up spinning, even when I grabbed the housing with pliers. BUT, I did pull out the handy Craftsman Rotary tool with a grinding bit and removed some material from the contact points in the barrel. Voila, easy removal now.

I just hated the idea of taking a rotary tool to the new barrel, but oh well.

Charles

athomas
09-30-2002, 08:23 AM
Some aftermarket barrrels have to be "adjusted" to make the twist lock work easily. I've had that problem with other barrels as well. Generally you don't have to adjust the twist lock assembly, and it is advised that you don't. It may mess up the tension required to hold the barrel tight.

Jimmi9999
10-23-2002, 08:41 PM
I had this problem too. my barrel was too tight for the body. i just took off a layer of paint and it worked fine. its a good thing it was a 25 dollar barrel.