PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

edwards888
09-27-2002, 12:58 PM
I am pretty new to mags and have a few questions?
First a little background: I like to build my guns, so I bought all of the parts for my mag seperately.

List o parts:
Level 10 (can't get this to work, will ask later)
Chrome Intelli w/blade
Chrome PF/HR body
Chrome eclipse rail
Chrome Benchmark vert adapter
Chrome gas through (foret manufacturer)
part kit. new sear, new barrel detent pin, new rail bushing
used valve w/ANS Phase II (how do I get the AGD part?)
Kapp Dovetail DropZone (I have a 68/4500 Apoc 2k)

I think that does it.

Now the questions...

I have tried too many combinations with the L10 to count and I can not get it right. Most of the time the gun will not even fire. Some combs give me huge leaks and the ability to fire.

When installing the L10...
What should i do if i get barrel leak? (bigger carrier)
What about venting out the back? (?????)

How can I replace the ANS part and what exactly is it called?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Load SM5
09-27-2002, 01:05 PM
If you have a barrel leak go with a smaller carrier, not bigger. You want the biggest carrier that does'nt leak. After you shoot quite a few times you may experience a small leak again. That means your o-ring has broken in. Drop down another carrier with the same o-ring and you're set.

If you're venting out the back before you get to 300 fps., and all of your o-rings are good, you need a new reg piston. You can find them in the AGD online store.

I can't tell you if the valve could be causing issues since I hae no experience with them. You maihgt be able to find a used mag valve online or just save up for a new retro-valve.

Sounds like a nice shiney mag, I'd love to see some pics if you take any.

edwards888
09-30-2002, 11:04 AM
Ok
Here's the update.

I took the level 10 out and put the original parts back in.
FYI: I bought this valve assembly used.
AGD front powertube/on/off assembly and ANS Pase II rear section.

I have replaced every o-ring and oiled well.

When I gas it up and turn the velocity all the way in, I can only get the ball to go roughly 10 feet. If I take the balls out (dry fire), I can get about 4-5 shots off before the trigger has no pressure and I can not shoot at all. If I wait at this point for about 5 minutes (hella slow recharge), the trigger gets pressure and I can repeat. The only thing I can think of is a bad reg piston. Is my assumption correct? I would like to replace the entire back end, but I do not see the entire assembly for sale at the AGD store. Anybody know if it is possible to get and AGD reg assembly? Thanks for the input ! ! ! !

athomas
10-01-2002, 09:16 AM
I would say your regulator piston assembly is bad.

Did you completely dismantle your mag valve and clean it (even your regulator)? Put it back together with plenty of oil on the o-rings. Make sure the on/off top is in right side up (the X goes down). Make sure the sear pin is properly seated in the rail.

AGD may be able to sell you a new valve back to replace your ANS back, but it will be fairly expensive. At this point I would just keep the ANS back. It would probably be less expensive to buy another used valve somewhere if you want genuine AGD.