PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my new Minimag

Rmarks
09-27-2002, 02:57 PM
I absolutely love the thing. Sooooooo much better than my old Spyder. I can't wait to get out to the field next week and use it. I have the biggest :D on my face right now. haha

Rmarks
09-27-2002, 03:17 PM
here's a pic, not the best picture(crappy digital camera).

dave_p
09-27-2002, 04:09 PM
welcome to the club. heres mine:
http://m-net.arbornet.org/~lorax/mag.jpg

EsPo
09-28-2002, 08:26 AM
hey, how do u guys like the stock mini barrel, is it really loud? good for speedball?

Rmarks
09-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
hey, how do u guys like the stock mini barrel, is it really loud? good for speedball?

I'll find out how much I like it for speedball next weekend. from the bag of paint I've shot so far, it's a lot louder than the J&J performance barrel I have on my spyder.

drx975
09-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Very very good for speedball. I have a lapco however and its slightly quieter and it is more accurate. But the stock barrel is one of the better ones out there.

dave_p
09-28-2002, 03:08 PM
i like the stock barrel alot, much better than my dye believe it or not. it is excellent for speedball. it is loud, but not too bad. it is pretty much tuned to the marker. tom did a writeup on barrel legnth a long long time ago. the manufacture and anno are sublime. its easy as heck to clean as well.

Mav D MagMan
09-28-2002, 05:12 PM
I've heard my stock barreled mini referred to as a "hand-cannon" before... The other day I scarred a dude, shooting a little too close to his head. Luckily his hearing is still intact.

I wouldn't call it quiet, however *quality* is definitely a word I would use to describe the 8" stock mini barrel. I used it for a full day (approx 2700 rounds), not one single problem and it is the best stock barrel I've ever shot (nice consistent groupings and above fair accuracy).

Mav