PDA

View Full Version : Body Rail Mods

Sancho'sZ
09-27-2002, 07:37 PM
I was looking at lightening my Mag and after weighing all the components I beleive the body rail is where the best results can be had. This brings me to my question. Has anyone done this before, and if so what are the tolerances and where can metal be removed? Thanks

shadow462
10-09-2002, 07:48 AM
I was just pondering the same question and I've come up sith some preliminary conclusions. Tysonmachado mills out body rails (search for his posts to see pics) and he takes a good bit of meat off the "wings" and under the valve. Another thing that piqued my interest was the ULE body rails for the emag (milling is done INSIDE the rail, looks the same outside). The old eclipse rails took a god bit out of the "wings" as well (especially above the trigger frame) and they cut gills along the valve.While i don't have any definite answers as to what's possible (adviseable) I hope this helps, and that yuo (or anyone else) will post what they figure out on this subject. Good luck, I'll be in the classifieds section looking for used rails
John