PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to help me sillynize my spyder?

thevilduk
09-27-2002, 08:47 PM
hehe allrighty... i gots myself a spyder with a flatline 68 3k a delrin shocktech bolt polished hammer and a jj ceramic. At my disposal is whole tool and die shop. Including several bridgports... screw it just go to the website. www.lombness.com. My grandpa owns it, and i want to sillynize my spyder there. Maybe do some body work and stuff. What i have planned is this so far:
some body work, don't know what to do yet
make a top cocking bolt pin (lost my side cocking pin:D )
make it lp(slap in a cheap highflow valve and drill out my bolt and possibly make or buy a lp chamber, do some spring work)
and take some weight off my striker and polish it more.

i don't know if i should do anything else to my gun because my goal is to have the most silly pimpen cool spyder on the block. If all works out well the im not going to sell it.
If ya guys want to suggest anything i should do to make it crazy silly please do so... thats what im lookin for

vf-xx
09-27-2002, 08:57 PM
I"ve done the top cocking before. it's pretty fun.

You should machine a one piece backblock with a raised rail to cover the cocking mechanisim.

folder504
09-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Forget the spyder, get a Stingray and do some crazy stuff to it!!! www.stinggroup.addr.com Get some ideas from there. Man, you're lucky to have a whole tool shop. All I have is my dremel!

thevilduk
09-27-2002, 11:47 PM
ya but see the problem is that i never have anyone there to show me/teach me how to use the ****:( so rarly do i get to play around in there.

FeuerFri
09-28-2002, 01:55 AM
oh oh!! get a R.A.I.L. System!!

SGTKennedy
09-28-2002, 02:46 AM
for polishing my old spyder striker i used a drill a rod toothpaste and a scotchbrite pad. worked well. dont know if it helped. but it looked better. hehe.

shartley
09-28-2002, 06:27 AM
Did you see our Spyder? (Officially My Wife's, but was the CPhilip Spyder Project Spyder.)
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=385855

thevilduk
09-28-2002, 09:07 AM
to polish polished my bolt... I used a lathe, some i think 260 grit sand paper and then 400 and some mothers mag polish. It turned out nice. But i need to use steel wool and some different sand papers.