PDA

View Full Version : A Plus Anodizing

tremis
09-28-2002, 09:13 AM
I just saw an Extreme Body done buy these guys last weekend. It was a blue to black fade and it looked fantastic. A very deep and luscious anodizing job.

At the donut orgy, Tom told us that the anodizers of the first 11 (PK?)told him that there was nothing they could do about the breeches being a different shade of blue, but let me tell you on this one, if the shade of blue was different , I couldn't tell.

I am definatly getting my extreme done from A plus, I am recommending that Tom look at having them do more work for him, I dont know what cost are between different anodizers, but from what I have seen, A plus' quality outshines PKs.

Tremis

Oh yeah, I didnt take a camers, so sorry no pics, but heres a link to A plus.

aplusanodizing.com (http://www.aplusanodizing.com)

rudy
09-28-2002, 10:45 AM
pic of gun ? cost to anodize?

Kevmaster
09-28-2002, 01:28 PM
those guys are expensive as heck!
PK quoted me $195 shipped back for a CNC Emag(7 parts) and my RM(10 parts) (yes, BOTH for $195) base color plus a splash, (a total of 17 parts)

here it would be $500 or so...yeesh

Fred
09-28-2002, 05:22 PM
a couple Xtremes that I saw matched pretty well... Wyn's for one... Tom's is much more noticable.

Manike said it had to do with that specific blue coloring... annodizers hate it because it doesn't come out very consistantly.

---Fred

tremis
09-28-2002, 07:04 PM
Like I said , I didn't take a camera so there are no photos. I also didn't comment on price since I have never compared prices. I would imagine that PK would be less, I think they are a larger facility and I haven't seen anodizing from them that is as good.

Now I always thought PK did terrible splash, on all of the splash I have seen from them, there was a lot of color deviation in the actual splash part, it seems like the liquid is pooled at the beginning and end of it. But I wasn't really comparing splash here, but a fade and I guess this is a preference, I like the fade to be spread as far as possible. Not, say half blue half red and the fade together in the middle half inch of the gun, which is what I have seen from PK. I myself would like the fade part to very gradually go from one color to the other with maybe the first and last inch of the gun actually be a solid color.

Awhile back I planned on getting a solid color as I couldnt find an anodizer who met the standards I had for my anodizing. Now I'm going back to a two color fade with a third color splashed on. Simply because the quality of A plus is what I demand if I'm going to get a thousand dollar gun done. If I was going to anno a cheap gun, I might settle for sub par anno at a good price, but then again, if its not an expensive gun, why bother with anno?

If you are like me and only care about quality, I suggest giving A plus a look, you wont find better.

Tremis