PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Respect?????

Puddleglum
09-28-2002, 12:24 PM
My younger brother just got his first nice gun last week. Its a black BKO with older Mac Dev Max Attack which I bought for him.

So last night we played at our local field(Wildfire Indoor in Snellville) and had a pretty good time. Now this field is dominated mostly by Impulses (and little noobs with Spyders). And about everyone came over and ooo'd and ahhh'd over my little bro's gun(which is nice, I'll admit) and no one even looked at my Micro. Now this may just be a hurt pride, but I was really kickin on the field and shooting EXTREMELY fast. And no even said anything. One *EDIT* Let me say...don't circumvent the cuss filters, you don't want to find out why. Army ref with an Impulse said that Mags sucked and were way outdated. I just ignored him. It just makes me mad, because my RT can shoot well over 12-13 bps without going reactive. And most Impy's can't. My gun never had any problems, and my consistancy is one of the best. I just don't understand why people give mags NO RESPECT?????? Anyone else notice this??

EsPo
09-28-2002, 12:43 PM
you think thats hurt pride, my friend has a spyder and people marvel at that crap over mine, just because it has flashy colors.

*ArKfEaR*
09-28-2002, 01:01 PM
if most feilds dont know about like level 10 and how mags are pretty good now, then dont go there anymore :)

Cause there brains are outdated :)

Kevmaster
09-28-2002, 01:33 PM
i like how you mixed the blue and red mags apart. it looks REALLY cool

pbguy888
09-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Yep I really like it too! thats probly why I boght the red bodyed one!Heh sendin money for it today.

bornl33t
09-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
It's no secret. Mags are BIG BIG sticks.

eric
09-28-2002, 05:41 PM
I personally dont play with a mag, but I know some people that do. With the new level 10 and tricked versions of the emag comin out Id say mags are on the way back. If they dont ohh and ahh your gun, dont worry about it. If they laugh at you for havin a mag, just shrug it off and then smack em off the field.

Puddleglum
09-28-2002, 07:03 PM
I just don't see what we've done to have so many people bashing AGD........

Blazingace
09-28-2002, 07:11 PM
It is all a perception thing. A few bad words about a certian gun and they get a bad rep. I have impressed a number of people with my minimag, but they all pretty much said that they would go with something else. Once 'Mags get a good rep I.E. Lvl 10 and the Extreems we will see people looking at them in a new light.

Xen
09-28-2002, 07:42 PM
why do you care what others think? especialy the newbies you described

paintbattler
09-28-2002, 08:44 PM
the ppl i play with aww over a spyder with a 16" barrel..they say. 'now thats a gun, i bet he is the best sniper around'

RetroEclipseMan
09-28-2002, 09:04 PM
I play at a field that is dominated mostly by cockers and angels and i see newbs drooln' all over them but I don't get all worked up and refuse to go back to the place just because people aren't oohn' and awen' my gun. Just suck it up and when you rip people up on the field with it then they'll give ya some respect. Also what are you doing to shoot that thing so fast without going reactive? I can only shoot maybe 8 or 9 a sec. and that's with the output pressure at 800psi.

personman
09-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Man puddle, you should have been there today (the offical georgia monthy meet) I had such an awesome time, and people were lookin at my mag, even when there was a nice angel next to it (haha tigerman) and a couple zgripped ones.. I mean they diddnt look at it AS much, but I got comments, and I reccommended the gun to everyone, and I showed off by sticking my finger in my gun, ect ect ect.. oh god, I hope I dont influnce some kid to stick his finger in his tippy and kill himself :eek:

shartley
09-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by personman
oh god, I hope I dont influnce some kid to stick his finger in his tippy and kill himself :eek:
If the kid dies by sticking his FINGER in his Tippy... :rolleyes:

;)

But as for respect….. I have heard people talk about Mags (and other markers by the way) but when they are FACED with them… the talk disappears. It is wonderful how that works……..

So the answer is to simply get more Mags on the fields! :D

aaron_mag
09-29-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Puddleglum
ref with an Impulse said that Mags sucked and were way outdated.

Ahhhhh the old ref bragging about his marker to all the rec players with Spyders and Tippmanns timeout. I love it when this happen. You pay the entry fee, all day air, paint and then this guy thinks you paid to gather around him and hear him describe in minute detail every upgrade he has done to his "tournament grade marker". It is best just to remind them that you paid to PLAY that day and not listen to why all of the markers the player have suck.:D

dcmander
10-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Puddleglum
...no one even looked at my Micro.

Puddle...You gotta go vertical feed :p :D Seriously...noobs like the vertical feed of electros. :)

banzaimf
10-02-2002, 06:10 PM
I just love the end of the first game "holy crap dude, what is that? it was rippin'"

my reply, "just a 10 year old mag, nothing special really"

DaosBeoulve
10-02-2002, 06:56 PM
I haven't ever really had anything like that at any of the fields I play at. Although, right after I got my Pro, a bunch of guys at the field asked why I didn't have a cocker or an angel. First couple of times playing with it I showed off some of the dust I had been collecting after not having played in almost 2 years. Last time I was out though, all the newbies kept saying, "I'm going with the guy with the mag!" I ended up with three newbs in the same bunker as me the second game...:D

dcmander
10-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by DaosBeoulve
I ended up with three newbs in the same bunker as me the second game...:D

lol ... I hate that..

Crazy
10-02-2002, 10:42 PM
If it works for you and you know it does, what do other peoples biast opinions matter?

Ov3rmind
10-02-2002, 10:50 PM
I guess where I live is the only place where Mags do get respect. There is quite an appreciation for Emags down here, and I know more than a few people own or have owned a Mag at some point.

Besides, performance? This is paintball, it's all about your chrome, 3D milled, super light body with the multi color LCD screen! It might shoot an average of +- 45 fps, but it doesn't matter as long as you're bling blingin'!;)

HIKARU
10-03-2002, 12:21 AM
the only thing that prevented me from buying an emag was that it didnt play dvds.

omni
10-03-2002, 01:04 AM
"If it works for you and you know it does, what do other peoples biast opinions matter?"

"why do you care what others think? especialy the newbies you described"

Right on!

Its not just mags that get this, its every marker, there's always an Idiot out there that has to put down the marker that he/she doesn't own.

You just have to keep people educated about REAL facts, before the idiots get to them.

MikeCouves
10-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Yeah everyone says that's what it's like in other places, but it's not like that at all here, everyone loves them.

aaron_mag
10-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by HIKARU
the only thing that prevented me from buying an emag was that it didnt play dvds.

Yeah that does suck!!! Tom include this feature so I have something to do in the dead box:D

10-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

Yeah that does suck!!! Tom include this feature so I have something to do in the dead box:D

Why you spend a lot of time there :p

aaron_mag
10-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 845

Why you spend a lot of time there :p

Of course not!!!! Well maybe a little more than average:D