PDA

View Full Version : Go Lower you think?

cphilip
09-28-2002, 07:45 PM
I say go all the way to just below the hole. What do you think?

Left is stock body and right is cut down and lowered...

Prezents
09-28-2002, 07:51 PM
at the hole

cphilip
09-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Not sure what you are meaning. its "at" the hole now...explain?

shartley
09-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I say go all the way to just below the hole. What do you think?
I agree.

TRIAD
09-28-2002, 07:58 PM
LOWER! :D

Skoad
09-28-2002, 08:20 PM
what do you do to lower it like that?

cphilip
09-28-2002, 08:23 PM
It is desoldered and then the tube is cut down and its resoldered on there. Silver Solder I think. BradAGD is doing 6 of these for me. Some will be available for sale by the way.

big E kingpin
09-28-2002, 08:24 PM
straight to the body

paintbattler
09-28-2002, 08:37 PM
i say get lower if it wont affect anything

DiRTyBuNNy
09-28-2002, 08:42 PM
Well..i'd say make it so that the amount below and above the hole is the same for uniformity..and if i could get one in Teflon i'd take it in a heartbeat..

jwgreene
09-28-2002, 08:42 PM
I WANT ONE !!! Please... I beg of you... I want a vert feed body for my e-mag... Lemme know the minute the are for sale.. Thanks
Jim G

cphilip
09-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Well Dirty... there is one black body out of the six that is there. But I fear the black is going to be messed up by the soldering and will need to be stripped or coated or something. But lets wait and see. It was a messup on my order but I figured lets see how it goes so he is going to try it. We can always polish it out too if need be. Or I may send it out to be coated or something.

When they are available they will be in a post in Classifieds for sale but you can email me in the mean time if you are interested. One is presold. One I am keeping and I think Tunaman is getting one too for himself but not certain about that. He has first shot at one anyway. But there will be at least three including the black one if someone else wants it. I will keep it for mine if not.

However...

I do not want to turn this into a classified post now. All I realy was looking for here was some other opinions. I am leaning towords just below the hole where the bottom lip of the "Bell" would be.

RetroEclipseMan
09-28-2002, 08:51 PM
i agree man take em as low as you can without damaging performance.Oh yeah I got to use your old emag today thanks to Blazestorm and boy did it rock.

cphilip
09-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Well...good performance in this case is designed for use with the Halo B and lvl 10. Should not be an issue but might be with a regular hopper but maybe not so much with at least the lvl 10 in there. But that is what we are designing these to be used with. Halo B's which seem to like a short feed stack. In fact they work better with them.

jah871
09-28-2002, 08:58 PM
go lower phil, do you only have that one done right now?

cphilip
09-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Yes...only one at this point... that is the prototype and the picture Brad sent me to decide. Before going onto the others he wanted to see where I wanted to go from here...Nice of him huh?

jah871
09-28-2002, 09:51 PM
yah, i think they should go lower though. how long will it take him to do them all once you decide on how low you want it?

Panzerr
09-28-2002, 09:55 PM
Cute Philip-

I've got a serious henkering for a low-rise body, except I'd like a minimag body...would you be able to do a job for me?

BTW-go lower.

spazzed
09-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Drop 'em phil!! :D

Puddleglum
09-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I do have a question. I think the whole lowering the tube thing looks awsome. But don't you want a pretty good stack of balls to help feeding. So wouldn't the No Rise kinda mess you up?????

jah871
09-28-2002, 10:01 PM
i think it should be a little bit taller than Enw's no-rise. i think with the bell right on the body its kind of ugly, i think he should cut it right below the hole and then it would be perfec. also if you and Tuna dont want the black one i will take it if it isnt all messed up.

personman
09-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Phil, I'm seriousally ready to trade my warp for one..

fearc7
09-28-2002, 10:12 PM
i kind of like it the way it is. I like a little height in the feed. To me it makes it feel more comfortable and just less BIG if its so low. I like it the way it is.

cphilip
09-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Ok as to ball stack, I already addessed that. It was needed to be tall before the Halo B came to being. Now the Halo B needs a short, almost no, stack to work better. Plus the addition of Lvl 10 aids in correcting the result of too low a ball stack when used with a revy. So you see the lowering is primarily to correct a problem that happens with the Halo B in that it feeds faster with little or no stack than with a tall stack. These are being converted primarily for Halo B use. Got it?

The Black one? Well we shall have wait and see how it may be messed up on the finish and how well it can be touched up.

As to the one already shown. Is it fine? Sure I can live with that if he has a problem with lower than that. Its much better than before and if so I will do them all that way no problem.

Again I am not doing the work. BradAGD is. I am not certain if he could convert you a Mini body. He may. That is a whole lot more work though than just shortening these.

jah871
09-29-2002, 11:36 AM
the current one i alot better than the stock, but it would be even better if he could drop it to right below the hole.

paint magnet
09-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Why not just make one that can accept Angel-threaded feeds? Then you can get whatever you want and you won't have do all the work to change feeds. And you can always go to hi rise if you don't like it.

MikeCouves
09-29-2002, 11:49 AM
A little lower. The one in the pic is good but maybe a little lower would be good.

cphilip
09-29-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Why not just make one that can accept Angel-threaded feeds?

I do not think that there is enough meat on the SS to even think of threading it on the outside even and I think they are threaded on the inside on Angels and Cockers and that is not even a possibility here without building a whole new tube of signifigant width. That is an option on the soon to come Aluminum bodies and I believe Tom is doing that on them. Threaded Feed neck thing that is.

Here we are stuck with lowering and changing bodies. Which on the old styles Mags is quite (well sort of) practical and easy to do. On the Angel and Cocker it is not.

jah871
09-29-2002, 12:28 PM
the only way you might be able to thread it is leave like a half inch of the tube sticking up and thread that for timmy threads. then you could use the timmy feednecks although im not sure it would work because of the hole and SS is very hard to thread.

hitech
09-29-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I am leaning towords just below the hole where the bottom lip of the "Bell" would be.

I'd say go as low as you can. I assume these will have halo-b's on them. Lower is better. :D And I think they look better lower anyway. :D

cphilip
09-30-2002, 11:57 AM
OK Brad is going to attempt the below the hole thing today I think. May have picts of it later. We may leave this one like it is as he is worried about the continued heating of it maybe warping the body some. But I liked that one too and several others liked it. So we can live with that

We shall call that one the "Low Mid Rise".

These coming up the "Low Rise"

And Enw's in a "No Rise".

jah871
09-30-2002, 02:08 PM
sounds good phil, keep us updated.

FreshmanBob
09-30-2002, 02:24 PM
go for the no-rise those are nice lookin

cphilip
09-30-2002, 02:46 PM
Well the decission here was to keep them more affordable. NO rise requires a lot of cutting into the body and fitting. This gives you the same effect for half the cost or so. And part of this was based on a body used for the box picture of the new RT Pro sleave we saw that was a mid rise. A lot of people liked that look.

cphilip
09-30-2002, 03:10 PM
OK its looking like that is as low as we can go as you see in that first picture. There is not enough room for him to get at that thing with the hole in the way. I am going to go with the Low Mid rise at this point and I think it looks great and will only have a one ball stack or so there. I can live with that.

He is still trying for a little more though. We shall see.

Paintchucker
09-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Have you done any field testing with the different heights? It seems to me that having a good "ball stack" (ie. an exact height to match a whole number of balls) would be best. Of course, if this is true, you might need a different height for a Halo vs. a VL loader, etc.

cphilip
09-30-2002, 05:32 PM
OK it can be done but its a lot more work than previously thought. Its gonna add at least 20-25 bucks to the cost of them. Is it worth it?

KamikazePenguin
09-30-2002, 05:38 PM
cut out the connector. Solder the tapered hopper reciever directly to the body.

KamikazePenguin
09-30-2002, 05:41 PM
would it be possible to cut the little connecter straight across just a hair below the hole, as shown in my pic?

cphilip
09-30-2002, 05:42 PM
OK we are going for it on the next four. SO they will be 20 more than the low mid rise. There is one of those and four of these...

This is a picture of it very raw before all the buffing out has been done. remember when he is done it will look like the first one. that one was looking like this when he finished soldering and before buffing too. So wait till you see them but I wanted you to see where we are on this so far.

cphilip
09-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Kamakze this is pretty much what we are going to do. But you must leave enough of the tube to fill the edges in or fill em or you have to oval out the top of the body. Its all about the same amount of work. that first one is not near as much as these options it seems. Anything can be done but we were looking for a low cost option. The first picture is indeed it. This one is about double the work so double the cost. Yours too.

main reason is you cannot get close enough in there without going to the lathe with it. With the first option you could.

KamikazePenguin
09-30-2002, 05:57 PM
that picture is pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Beautimus.

bers
09-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Hey cphilip,

Do you accept international credit card orders for one of the polished no rise bodies?
:D

pito189
09-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Cut the cup off.

Then buy one of those Feed necks that you can slip over vert feeds like on the SFL's, and spyders.

http://www.checkitproducts.com/productimages/spyder/slipon1.jpg

http://www.checkitproducts.com/productimages/spyder/slipon3.jpg

http://www.checkitproducts.com/productimages/spyder/slipon4.jpg

cphilip
10-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Pito can you verify that that thing has the exact right thickness off a lip to not make a uneven spot in the tube? that would be critical. And then of course there is the question of price. Is it as much as the conversion? Probably so.

pito189
10-01-2002, 07:51 AM
http://checkitproducts.com/index2.html

I can't verify anything. But they are only 20 bucks. I think LoadSM5, was thinking about trying one with his SFL, get in touch with him and see if it worked out.

cphilip
10-01-2002, 07:59 AM
Well these two mods are 20 and 40...Well and the cost of a body to boot.

Will do and sounds interesting though.

Dragoon
10-01-2002, 09:00 AM
I know this is not a classified (yet), but what is the targeted cost of one of these bodies?

Douglas

cphilip
10-01-2002, 04:45 PM
OK guys brad and his polishing minion have been busy today!

he called this the three little bodies. You will see a stock, then the low mid rise, then the "Almost No Rise" All three of em in this one picture.

You guys think we should take up a collection to get Brad some more manly towels? :D

Phil

EnW
10-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Why not just make one that can accept Angel-threaded feeds?
When I had mine lowered I was wanting the Angel feed tube also,but,Brad explained to me that the Angel's use a unique dye for the threads that he doesn't have. The dye's cost $90 and he couldn't warrant spending that kind of money on one.

jah871...what do you mean my no rise is ugly?
:mad: :( That hurts man....:(

BradAGD
10-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Doing the Angel feed threads is possible, just need a really expensive tap to cut the weirdo threads the gun uses. It's a 21 mm, not 20 or 22 like normal metric people use.

Almost got all of the bodies done, just waiting for another to cool off so I can use the jig for the next one.

Thanks for the compliments on the bodies too, I try.

cphilip
10-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Enw... that was cruel of him! :(

He was just kidding I think it looks great! Different strokes though several liked the low mid rise too.

I liked the lower ones like yours and that bottom one though.

Brads a solding king is he not? :)

jah871
10-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by EnW

When I had mine lowered I was wanting the Angel feed tube also,but,Brad explained to me that the Angel's use a unique dye for the threads that he doesn't have. The dye's cost $90 and he couldn't warrant spending that kind of money on one.

i like it a lot better than the stock verts but i prefer the look with a little bit of the tube then the bell its all preference!!:) :D

pito189
10-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by EnW

Man EnW I think yours is the best looking IMHO. Can I ask you where you got it down and how much it was?

What do you feed that best with...HALO?

EnW
10-01-2002, 06:21 PM
HEHE...I'm not THAT soft hearted!:D
Anyway...when I posted last I answered paint magnet's question and didn't address the topic of the thread.
Undoubtedly I like the "No Rise"....BUT....the "Mid Low Rise" is definitely an improvement!
The no rise definitely needs a HALO on top to get max performance.
My 2 cents
:confused: :D

EnW
10-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Mine was done by BradAGD also.
I had a thread with all of the info and contact info up earlier in the month.
His phone # is in his sig if you want to talk with him directly. Or got to www.paintballmaxx.com

scrambler
10-01-2002, 07:26 PM
ok the bodys look really good, nice job BradAGD. now alittle info, so these bodys your making are to be used with halo or evolutionII for best results? dont have to worry about stacking of balls cause of the way they feed? always thought you had to have some type hole for blow back.
really like this center feed low rise cphilip what will be the finally cost? and will the revy xboard work till save up all the money?

thanks Bill

cphilip
10-04-2002, 02:02 PM
OK now here is a black body that was missordered and, even though Brad realy did not want to do it because it would mess the finish and someone is going to have to polish it on out or even think of powder coating, at my insistence he went and did it anyway. So it might be of interest to some of you with black bodies to see how much work you are going to have left to do if you decide to do a black body.

personman
10-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Phil I want one!
How much do they cost?! I want one I want one I want one!
Do you think I would have feeding issues with a 12v rev and level 10?

datapimp69
10-04-2002, 10:58 PM
i think this is the perfect size. just a little of the neck left.

i dont like the way it looks with the bell right on the body.

i just got mine back from brad.

p.s. this gun is for sale

http://store.ic.net/wlk/forsale002.jpg

bornl33t
10-05-2002, 01:20 AM
Soon as I see a Minibody with a lowrise like datapimp has I'm getting one. I've been waiting. I currently have a mini warp left, but the warp and all is too heavy for my play style so I'm going vert feed

pito189
10-05-2002, 02:32 AM
Hey phil what are you going to do with that black body?

cphilip
10-05-2002, 09:42 AM
The Black Body is Tunamans. I think he is going to polish it on out. I think he is building a marker out of it.

cphilip
10-11-2002, 05:08 PM
OK gentelmen....

the emags with the Almost no rise bodies! Or Low Low rise...

cphilip
10-11-2002, 05:10 PM
that one above is a brand new emag for sale in classifieds and this one is my emag...

cphilip
10-11-2002, 05:11 PM
And I am about to slap one on a RT Pro too. I will get a pict up of that. I should think that will be reals sweet..

But in the mean time here is one more...

DiRTyBuNNy
10-11-2002, 06:29 PM
where can i get one of those bodies, CPhil?

cphilip
10-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Mid low rise for Jah...

SlipknotX556
10-11-2002, 09:21 PM
I love them Phil! Great Job!

cphilip
10-11-2002, 09:45 PM
BRAD DID EM!!!!!! but thank you for him! :)

BradAGD
10-11-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm glad that everybody likes the bodies.

thanks folks!

bornl33t
10-12-2002, 12:29 AM
PLZ low-rise minimag body..PLZ :D :D :D with sugar and cream.. and a cherry on the top!?

bornl33t
10-12-2002, 02:28 AM
Oh yeah, I just though of this, If I find a centerfeed minibody can I send it to ya Brad and have it converted? what's it gonna cost me if you can do it?

cphilip
10-12-2002, 10:47 AM
OK! first test of the almost no rise. The lowest one in the picts. Some two month old 32 degree that was a bit swollen and large for the barrel but its all I had. Halo B on top of this marker in the picture.

One hopper of this and in semi but pulling strings as fast as we could. No chops no breaks. Started hearing lvl 10 kick in near the end but relalised we had run out of air about that time too. Looked at the flatline at that point it was at 500 psi in the tank. So ended test. But had emptied the hopper by that time. Worked well. Will fill up tank and get some more paint to try but no reason to think it will be anything but better. I was surprised I got no barrel break as the paint was real tight! I don't think it was brittle though. I need to bounce test it.

Anyway so far success. Halo B and lvl 10 seems to be the saving grace here.

cphilip
10-12-2002, 10:50 AM
This was the marker as used in the test:

Oh and a note...the Halo B fit very very tight in there in fact it may be a little too tight and could use a little bit of sanding. Its a stock Halo B right out of the box and the neck is unaltered at this point.

BradAGD
10-12-2002, 07:40 PM
heat, just get ahold of me and I'll hook you up with a solder job...cool?

jah871
10-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Very nice work Brad! I can't wait to get mine!