PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a group to pitch in for anodizing.

hostage
09-28-2002, 07:46 PM
UPDATE: The ~7 went to around ~13, just by being on AO.

Hey,
Some friends from my college and I have about ~7 markers that we want go get anodized. We've only spoken to a few of the ~123 peeps in the club, but hopefully we can get more. The bid/person is going for about ~$65.00/marker for 10 peices. This is a three colored fade w/lines or a 2 color splash w/ lines. Basiclly the pattern is going to be tiger stripes, since our school colors are orange, black, and white. Also our mascott is the tiger. As a group we are curious if anyone wants to jump in for this. Well we need 25 markers to get this deal and I want a few more than that, since there are always thate few who back out. The only thing that you can get anodized is aluminum, you cant send in the body ie your many mag p/f body. You will have to pay a little bit more for shipping and handling, if your not in the Rochester, NY area. Let me know if anyone is interested, you can contact me on aim:windows2000bug and you can post for any additional information. I am not sure when we will do this, but we need at least 25 yes's before we can go ahead with this deal.
Thanx gents and ladies,
Hostage

UPDATE: this is the guy that mostlikely will do the anodizing for us, he has examples posted. We might even go with proffesional paintball (makers of the freeflow cocker)though that will be a lot more expensive.
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=66731

Dayspring
09-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Would we have to get that color scheme? Or could we have them design something else?

hostage
09-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Well, you don't have to get our color scheme, but you will have to spend $309.00 for your color scheme. We are getting this cheap since the setup fee is the expensive part. If you want the site etc for the prices I can post it.
-Hostage

BeerCitySk8brds
09-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Mag's have to be powder coated

Dayspring
09-28-2002, 09:27 PM
WRONG.

The stainless steel part (the tube) has to be powdercoated. The rest of the aluminum parts can be. (Body rail, I-frame, barrel)

Read the original post- it specifially says that only Aluminum parts could get it (not the body)

Originally posted by BeerCitySk8brds
Mag's have to be powder coated

hostage
09-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Yep, he is right. That is why I wrote

The only thing that you can get anodized is aluminum, you cant send in the body ie your minimag p/f body.
(heh misspelled minimag)
Though I am pretty sure you can get your body nickleplated.
-Hostage

dansim
09-29-2002, 06:29 AM
ill jump in

hostage
09-29-2002, 12:15 PM
Hey, email me or aim me your email/aim which everone u didn't use. Address, Phone and full name
Thanx
-Hostage

Mossman
09-29-2002, 04:34 PM
BUMP!
Toss this in the first post.

It will be something along these lines hostage says:

http://forums.paintballcity.com/attachment2.php?s=&attachmentid=55049&large=1

can you say nice :)http://forums.paintballcity.com/attachment2.php?s=&attachmentid=55049&large=1

hostage
09-29-2002, 05:05 PM
its prob going to have a little bit more black, but i thinking along those lines.
-Hostage

ttoad4000t
09-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Count me in...

sniper1rfa
09-29-2002, 05:40 PM
does that include stripping/buffing?

i might do it to my mayhem. depends on when this all goes down.

hostage
09-29-2002, 05:42 PM
I am pretty sure it does, ill email him again and ask him.
If you want in email me your aim, name, address, #of markers to anodize.
-Hostage

hostage
09-29-2002, 05:57 PM
I just got an email from the guy. This will go a lot quicker if we get people to tell people to do this. Please go to other website's forums and post this link, I only have membership to this one and the others are a pain in the butt to get. This is a team effort, cause I can not and will not do this all by myself.

No I do not have an example. Also you can post on my site that you want to run a big batch. On top of that, all twentyfive markers must come from you. If they come from all over it is just a large batch run then and will cost $180 per marker. The reason it has to be this way...is if all the marker come from different address...it is a whole lot of work for me to keep track of what is whos and what pieces go with what marker...let alone the return shipping. So I charge the $180 to cover the time and trouble. But if you send me all twenty five disassembled, I can get it down to $45 to $65 per marker. ~Ivan

Thanx for helping out guys,
Hostage

Reo5th
09-29-2002, 06:48 PM
If the anno job is like moss's picture (with more black), you can count me in for my gun and prob Angry Man's gun. Looks awesome.

hostage
09-29-2002, 07:46 PM
I got another email from Ivan

Stripping...do you mean the old ano...yes. No, on the buffing or bead blasting. Buffing will be an extra $100 per marker done and the bead blasting will be $65. Dusting is the cheapest way to go for an all matching ano. ~Ivan

Send me emails or aims with your contacts, please try to get buds in on this. If you get one or two buds that you know locally, then it will be easier for me and cheaper for yall for shipping and stuff. Just one of yall act as a representative and ship me all of yalls stuff w/ money. When we get all the stuff and cash we will ship it out.

Thanx again,
Hostage

FutureMagOwner
09-29-2002, 07:54 PM
will i be able to send my whole cocker in to get it done and have it taken apart there? because i want all the external showings like that

EDIT: i forgot my trigger frame is chrome will it go thru that? also i only know how to take the trigger frame apart not the gun but i could figure it out if neccessary

hostage
09-29-2002, 07:58 PM
Heres another one.

Dusting is not included. I includeda pick of a dusted IR3. The red -orange fade Excal & GZ are dusted also. But the Red -Fade IR3 is not. That one was buffed. Dusting cost $65 extra. Buffing starts at $100 extra. Dusting is the cheapest way to go for the best parts match. ~Ivan

We might have to pitch in a few more bucks to get it good, but ill get some more info.
-Hostage

Mossman
09-29-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
will i be able to send my whole cocker in to get it done and have it taken apart there? because i want all the external showings like that

EDIT: i forgot my trigger frame is chrome will it go thru that? also i only know how to take the trigger frame apart not the gun but i could figure it out if neccessary

FutureMag - no, he wont do that. It is only cheap because he is doing NO extra work, just setting up, and doing a huge run. If you want him to dissassemble it it'll be pricy and probably not get this batch price. Get a friend or store nearby to take it apart, then put it back together later.

Always time to learn too...

ah137
09-29-2002, 09:18 PM
when is it going down? or is it just when you get 25?

I would put two markers in, micro emag and micro mag.

Later Hills

contact me if needed

aol rockthis137
msn ashills1

PS when you say more black you mean more lines, right?

hostage
09-30-2002, 03:26 PM
up!
Lets get more peeps, were about half way there and its been less than 2 days!
-Hostage

Mossman
09-30-2002, 03:28 PM
Yo hostage, if you get a CONFIRMED 100% style that you want i'm sure I/we could find you more peeple ;)

Lets do that vote with the 13 we have

Reo5th
09-30-2002, 03:29 PM
the anno work is so sweet! btw - do we have an estimated ship time, cause i wanna get my emag back from AGD before we send.

hostage
09-30-2002, 03:31 PM
When we get a little bit over 25 people. I want it to be above the min. since you always have last minute mind changers.
-Hostage

FutureMagOwner
09-30-2002, 03:45 PM
hmm i would like to learn how to do that myself and i found directions on pbreview i think... also what if i just take out everything but leave the outside covering of the neumatics? and what about the chrome(dont think its real chrome because it seems pretty solid)

Mossman
09-30-2002, 03:46 PM
I dont know how to strip chrome, and I dont think Crazy Ivan does it either.

hostage
09-30-2002, 07:51 PM
hey says he doesn't strip chrome. There is a FAQ on the site i listed above that can give yall more awnser.
-Hostage

hostage
10-01-2002, 11:07 AM
We have about ~15 markers now. The fade shall be very simular if not the same, but the lines will be more like tiger stripes.
-Hostage

hostage
10-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Got another email from him

No, it will not effect a freak insert. That is all I use is freaks and have anodized to many freak barrels to count. As for regular barrels...it will increase the bore size by maybe .001 to .002. You would not be able to tell the difference. The old ano is stripped before the new is applied. Here is a pic of a dust IR3 and go to these threads for other dusts on the later pages.

Hope this awnsers some of yoru questions.
-Hostage

dansim
10-04-2002, 09:15 PM
up man whats goin on with this!

Reo5th
10-04-2002, 10:05 PM
HOSTAGE MAN - WHERE IS THE DRIVE?!

It seems like every single 'group' project that gets started here on AO, (with exception to AO day) fizzles out! The jerseys, and it looks like this won't follow through.

It honestly makes me so upset that I may create a seperate batch if this one does not go through.

Hostage, please update!

hostage
10-05-2002, 01:48 AM
Ohh...sorry, Midterm week, we still need people and with what is going on I have been researching on Anodizing. I can't do it all by myself, if yall can help get peeps, then we can go threw, if not my club might get an annoy kit. This is way to much work and plus messing with all this crap will take to much time unless yall pitch in.
-Hostage

hostage
10-05-2002, 10:17 AM
errr....if you read all my other post i Said "I will need others to help recruit people", its not like I can't handle it! See I have a life, I can't be working on all this crap all by myself, I have midterms this week which are soo much more important than you, I can't belive you even said that, maybe I should charge some enormous shipping charge, that way the many hours I spent on this thing won't be worthless. In addition you know how much heck it will be to keep up with all those parts, i have to write up a database and take pictures. See I won't do that and spend all of my time recruiting, if you want this done, then you get people too, cause I don't know about you, but I am in college and I have one hell of a life. I don't want to deal with a bunch of kids who are trying to get a cheap ride on this deal and do nothing more than complain. You want to know what I did this past week. Wednesday huge presentation that is worth most of my grade, so guess what I was doing this past week. Also I got an assignment for a 5 pagepaper. I had to drive close to 300 miles to pick up my car yesterday and all of Thursday I was researching Anodzing, to see what is possible and cheap for us. The other main reason why Ivan is giving this to us for cheap, since I am doing all of the crap that he would normally spending his time , ie recruiting, getting everything orginzied and reciving many packages, it would cost you 180 if you dont ship it to me and have a mass bulk ship. I will do this if yall are an even help and post to other places or his is your option, either your with us against us or get out of the way!
errr....
-Hostage

Moss: Thank you for helping and getting peeps!

hostage
10-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Dude your are the winer, you sit there when are you want me to do nothing but this? No man if you are like this, I don't want you to be in this, I don't know if you know what a life is, but I have one. Some people are helping me out and working on this and getting many people in on this. The last thing i need is a little kid or an old fart, sitting here and making a great example of what a hypocrite is. Do me a favor and pay the guy 305 for your gun to get annoyed, cause I don't want you even in this deal, unless you apoligize. I have been calling around to local places looking to see about beadblasting etc, trying to find the best deal for all. As well as compromising trying to make everyone happy. I am sorry if I can't get you up-to-the-day info. Though I would love to see you try this and see how much fun it is! Remember I am not being paid to do this. We are getting the exact same deal, execept I get all crap and paper work that comes with this.
-Hostage

P.S. at least I am finding out who will give me grief before we go in on this.