PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else

LawFox32
09-28-2002, 09:05 PM
well a few times while I was playing today I looked at my field strip screw and it had backed out like 2 threads, it would really suck if my field strip screw popped out during a game and my valve died, I would not be happy,

well has this happened to anyone else

Omicron
09-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Nope, never happened to me.
Check if you have a urethane washer on your field strip screw, it helps it from backing out. If its there, just crank on your screw with an allen key.

Kevmaster
09-28-2002, 10:35 PM
i cant imagine it happening. mine has never done this, as omicron noted, the urethane oring will keep it in place, and even if that doesnt do it, then , supposing you dont mind renaming it a "non-field strip screw", some 271 LocTite(commonly known as Blue LocTite)on the first 2-3 threads of the screw will keep it in place

rjvemt1
10-02-2002, 08:44 PM
mine does back out from time to time. i have gotten into the habit of checking it while im at the start line waiting for the whistle now i do it with out even thinking about it.

yes, i do have the rubber ring on it but i am a printer and i have a freakishly strong grip from lifting big stacks of paper all day so i dont tighten things down too much or i cant loosen them:rolleyes:

Prezents
10-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Not for me, and I am not one that puts it in with an allen either.http://www.lewistown.net/~prezents/tiedie.gif

petefol
10-02-2002, 08:56 PM
if you dont want to use loctite then some teflon tape may make it stay in.

LawFox32
10-03-2002, 06:19 AM
well it doesn't fall out, but it just seems like almost after every game I do a once over of my gear and a see it just getting a lil looser, its strange but no big deal, I got in the habit of checking screws on my markers when I used to use my Tippmann model 98 on a regular basis, b/c the damn screws would loosen and you would loose the valve screws,

weird eh

hitech
10-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rjvemt1
I have a freakishly strong grip from lifting big stacks of paper all day so I don't tighten things down too much or I can't loosen them. :rolleyes:

I don't have a abnormally strong grip, but I normally have the problem of not being able to loosen it, never had it back out on it's own.

davej946
10-03-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by LawFox32
my Tippmann model 98 on a regular basis, b/c the damn screws would loosen and you would loose the valve screws,

No kidding. I just replaced the valve screws on my M98 becuase after the last guy used it, they were gone! Angers me it does!

Later ~ Dave