PDA

View Full Version : Gun Charges, but does not fire

LittMag
09-28-2002, 09:06 PM
First off I want to thank the people at EMR who tried to help me with my mag (Rich on team Joint Fury and Shag from that grey bus)

I have a
Classic Mag
Intelliframe
running on a fixed 850 psi off crossfire stub

The marker will charge up, but it will not fire. The marker was recently purchased used, with a serial number 406** it has one star, but what's odd is that it has a removeable powertube.

These are the things that I have checked:
1. Trigger rod, adjusted to ~1/16 of an inch from the trigger
2. Checked the body to make sure the body was to the correct tollerances (it's one of those electroplated black ones) I replaced the body with a classic feed grey one.
3. Spring pack was dry so I put some white lithium grease on it (suggested by mag users at castle conquest)
4. on/off pin is being fully depressed, I removed the trigger grip and physically pushed the sear back to make sure of this
5. bolt is back against the bumper when the marker is charged

Possible things that could be wrong, but I'm not too sure so any suggestions are appreciated as to how I can fix, else I will send into AGD for repairs.
1. Valve is just plain messed up, b/c it's the wrong level
2. Bolt could be being pushed at a slight downward angle so that it is being stopped on the washer welded into the body.
3. Perhaps the on-off pin was shortened, but I have no idea.

Anyone have any ideas? I think I've run through the gambit of things I can check but who knows I could've missed something.

LittMag
09-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Any suggestions?

virus
09-29-2002, 06:10 PM
that sounds like classic bolt stick to me.....

your choices to fix it are....

power tube spacer kit which runs about 10-15 depending where you can find one....

Level 10 upgrade goes for 85... for that you get a new bolt (superbolt2, different bolt springs, and new internal parts for the powertube) what it does... once setup will not chop a paintball from either a shortstroke or misfeed.....

for more info on the LV10 goto the paintball talk fourm here and look for the classic post labeled "all level 10 info here"..... that will explain all...

LittMag
09-29-2002, 07:46 PM
Def, not bolt stick, tried all 5 spacers, no luck

virus
09-29-2002, 08:06 PM
hmm..... how about a different powertube oring and/or a little oil......

after that... ya got me

LittMag
09-29-2002, 08:37 PM
just replaced the PT o-ring and oiled it, no luck

side note: this is so frustrating, I've been playing with my mag for over 2 years, and I loved it so much I got another. I didn't bring the spare to the castle conquest and the new mag I got (used off of AO) just didn't work, so I ended up with a new I-frame and warp sitting on a marker I couldn't use.

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 05:24 AM
Is the on/off pin in upside-down? the little groove goes on top.

the powertube comes off? that should'nt happen, the only thing that should come off is the powertube tip. you should locktite it on.

LittMag
10-01-2002, 11:55 PM
As it turns out one of the connections in my hose setup was partially blocked not allowing enough pressure to pass through. Problem fixed, thanks everyone.