PDA

View Full Version : Farty RT

joeyjoe367
09-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Hey all,

I took my RT Pro out for the first time today, and really enjoyed it, however there's 1 small problem. I was able to make it thru the day without it bothering me too much, but if it doesn't take too much to fix it, I might as well.

Ok, here's the problem:

when i'm holding down the trigger, It doesn't just Not-Shoot, it sits there and "farts" over and over, pretty fast; kinda like a lvl-10 low-velocity + too strong of spring "fart"

Anyway, my setup is this:

RT Pro + I-frame
Lvl 10, 1.5 carrier, Longest spring
AGD Flatline 68/3000, output 950-1000psi

Thanks for any help.

athomas
09-30-2002, 08:35 AM
I take it that the gun works fine other than the "farty" leak when you are holding down the trigger after a shot.

Lower you carrier one size and/or remove a shim. If it continues after this, then check your on/off o-ring for dirt, or just change it on spec.

Let us know how you make out.

joeyjoe367
09-30-2002, 12:14 PM
Yeah, the gun works fine other than that. I've tried dinkin' around with shims, and it only gets worse when I add/remove shims.

I'll try going to a smaller carrier next time I get the chance.

Also, When I pull the trigger REALLY REALLY slow, the on/off just sits there, the gun doesn't fire, and the trigger rod doesn't return. could that also be from having a too-large of a carrier?

FreshmanBob
09-30-2002, 04:27 PM
I don't think your on/off is sealing all the way, either replace your sear or make the trigger rod a tad longer

athomas
09-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Don't touch your trigger rod, at least for now.

Check you on/off pin to see if it is straight. The on/off should push the trigger rod forward when you release the trigger. The on/off should also shut the front of the gun off when the trigger is held .

Remove the on/off pin and check it by rolling it on a mirror or other flat surface. If there is any wobble at all, it needs to be replaced. Check the on/off o-rings for contamination when you have the on/off pin out.

The shims shouldn't affect the operation of the gun when you remove them. Removing shims will only prevent the gun from venting as early in the cycle in the event of a bolt jam/chop.

If the carrier is a little large, it won't seal properly when the bolt returns after a shot. There is still air pressure in the chamber which will leak out because there is insufficient pressure to hold against the carrier o-ring.