PDA

View Full Version : warp and led lights

flanders
09-29-2002, 02:23 AM
well i here alot of people with like shockers or ne gun for that matter not waning to hook up the sensor or conect it to the board, i was thinking, all the warp needs tos et it off is some sort of electric signal, why not figure out a way to hook up the warp conector to the led light, like replace it completly. wouldn't this do away with the worrying of it all, i meen an led aint that hard to take out, but id have to see a warp cable to figure it out but basicly if u have a plus and a minus wire it would work

flanders
09-29-2002, 02:24 AM
oh btw this is another ide for intelifeed hoppers

xmetal2001
09-30-2002, 10:40 PM
CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is our friend...

Vegeta
10-01-2002, 04:38 PM
I do not understand your post. Please re-phrase.

10-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by xmetal2001
CaPiTaLiZaTiOn is our friend...

meh, i think that i have only used capitalization in one of my posts so far....

my translation of flanders post: why not get the signal for the warp off of the the signal that powers the led?

why not just have a clam on bracket that holts a photoresistor or a phototransistor over the led and get the warp signal off of that? :rolleyes:

Vegeta
10-05-2002, 07:15 PM
I do not own an emag but.. I do belive hearing that the LED's flash when the gun if fired? So he is proposing powering the intellifeed link from the led lights instead of wiring into the board for it?

Someone clarify please.

pito189
10-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta
I do not own an emag but.. I do belive hearing that the LED's flash when the gun if fired? So he is proposing powering the intellifeed link from the led lights instead of wiring into the board for it?

Someone clarify please.

Nothing flashes when you fire the E-Mag with the version 1.37. I believe older versions one pixel on the display did flash but that was all.

sniper1rfa
10-06-2002, 08:06 PM
i believe the warp needs a 5V or greater signal to fire. your average LED would fry off 5 volts.

yes, he is saying why not just pop the led off and stick a couple of wires down to the warp, interface-like. this could be done on many guns with flashing LEDs.
you could try, but i really doubt it will work. if it does though, let us know. ;)

and Pi, because the warp interface port has no positive voltage. it is actually an almost totally seperate circuit, requiring an outside energy source. AKA, you would need three wires that way, instead of two. ;) :D

10-07-2002, 06:29 PM
you do not need to remove the led, get a photo resistor, or a photo transistor, (or if you like mc gyver, dremel off part of a transistor case, exposing the chip) and mount it up against the led. add some more electronics, and presto, no splice/cut/solder intellifeed.

Paintballzer
10-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Yeah, just take the input to the LED (cathode or anode, forgot wich) and use that to control the power to the motor of the warp. Would cost less than a buck if you have the solder, solder iron, and basic soldering skills.

10-16-2002, 07:13 PM
i have not seen any led that is feed more than 30 ma of current. in addition to this, the warp would not get much voltage cause of the currient limiting resisor that saves the led from burning up.

all this means no where near enough power to drive the warp