PDA

View Full Version : cocker almost always shortstroking

Rancid Milk
09-29-2002, 06:47 AM
Hey, I just got a new ans quickfire for my cocker and a couple of days ago it was shooting fine, but now when I pull the trigger in an upward diagnal force it shortstrokes every shot, but if i push downwards on the trigger it shoots normal.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Jeff

shartley
09-29-2002, 07:58 AM
Get a Mag.

Rancid Milk
09-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Shartley, I already have a mag thank ou very much :D I just like my cocker more... when its working.

shartley
09-29-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Rancid Milk
Shartley, I already have a mag thank ou very much :D I just like my cocker more... when its working.
Anyone else find that ironic? ;)

V-Viper
09-29-2002, 09:42 AM
If you put it on yourself then send it in to a local shop to do it the pro way, timing can be hard if your new to it. That or get a Racegun!:D

FutureMagOwner
09-29-2002, 09:57 AM
set the trigger pull as short as you can with timing if you arent good at timing then i suggest getting someone who knows what they are doing ;) i used to have problems short stroking until i timed it MYSELF for pretty much the shortless pull i can do without any modifications and now its more fun to shoot than my mag sometimes!

FallChildrenAFI
09-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Well theres a chance it needs to be timed again. It happens to me all the time, i'll put on my standard quick fire and i'll time it, and 6 hours later i need to time it again. I just use a swing now, but i love my slide...Well good luck

chrisj
09-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Make sure the frame is tight up against the body. Then make sure the vertical set screws take up all of the vertical slac in the trigger. Once you get the trigger to where it doesn't matter how the pressure is applied to the trigger, check the timing.

Chris

paint magnet
09-29-2002, 11:02 AM
I have lots of problems with my ANS stuff too.

Deftonius
09-29-2002, 12:59 PM
hehe. Sell the cocker and get ANOTHER mag. :p

09-29-2002, 01:23 PM
ans pneumatics suck, but they have some ok hardware (not that there isn't better)

i have a quickfire 45 frame on my cocker, and have it set up so that it is almost imposible to short stroke.

timing a autococker with a triger plate with a hole in it is different than timing an autococker with a trigger plate with a slot in it.

you want to time the gun so that the gun fire and the back block go back at pratically the same time. if you have the gun times so the gun fires noticably before the back block goes back, bad things happens. for example, you pull the trigger a little sear goes down to fire the gun, pull it a little more and the back block kicks back (sear down a little more), as you are releasing the trigger, the back block goes foward , and the hammer goes foward before the sear is up enough to catch it.

once you have the sear releasing the hammer, and the back block moving back at about the same point. you can adjust the hammer lug/timing rod to get it just right. you can try and short stroke the cocker by

1) pulling the trigger real slow, and seeing if the back block moves before the sear releases the hammer.
2) you can also release the trigger slowly, and see if the back block moves foward before the sear is up enough to catch the hammer.
3)try pulling the trigger and releasing the trigger rapidly, and in varying fashion.

the marker should cycle well when the above 3 are done, here are some tips for messing with the trigger pull and feel.

1) adjust the pressure of the lpr, too high a pressure will cause the trigger to stick back, too low of a pressure will cause the gun to not cock.
2) lighter hammer spring will lessen the trigger pull, you can mess with valve spring, hammer weight, and input pressure to keep the gun shooting at 280fps
3) install a sear spring just strong enough so that the spring stays in place, and that it holds the sear up to lighten the pull.
4) mess with the trigger spring, lighter is not always better, find something with a good feel that lets the gun reliably cycle
5) a roller sear, roller trigger plate or a hinge trigger can also help out with the feel of the trigger.
6) adjust the point in the trigger pull that the gun fires, it should be near the front so that the trigger travel back and foward past that point will alow the breach to be open a sufficent amount of time to feed a round.

Rancid Milk
09-29-2002, 04:05 PM
hey deftonious... I think I am going to do that actually :D .

I bet you weren't expecting that to come were you, but I'm serious.

Deftonius
09-29-2002, 05:03 PM
To be totally honest I thought you were going to flame me! Phew what a break!

InfinatyBPS
09-29-2002, 11:19 PM
Get someone who knows how to time it, to time it, then all will be good. The quickfire is a great frame if u know what your doing, if not then find someone who does.

paint magnet
09-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Oh, wait, you said it didn't do it unless you pulled it upward, right? Well if that's the problem then all you have to do is turn the screw under the trigger up until it nearly touches the trigger, then you can only pull it one way.

Rancid Milk
09-30-2002, 06:48 PM
thx guys, but I got it working, had to adjust the hammer lug. grrr... these are so tempermental. Im gettin a mg :) HOORAY!!!

*ArKfEaR*
09-30-2002, 06:51 PM
if your talking about the ANS quickfire. Take it and throw it in the garbage, then throw the garbage into a garbage disposal. Then after that put out in front of house and drive on back and forth repeatively, finally stomp. And wait for garbage men to pickup.

Then pickup eather a Dye Single Trigger hinge (figuring you dont like normal hinge frames) or an Eclipse Blade Frame.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-9010-890-1.html

Why your at it get a:

Micro Rock Reg
Evolution Ram
Bellsales Hollopoint 3-way :) (best pnuemy setup)

PS: I think you get the point about ANS frames they are PURE GARBAGE!
:rolleyes:

Also: dont forget to retime the gun, if you dont know what your doing take it to a local cocker tech or store tech.

Deftonius
09-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

Then pickup eather a Dye Single Trigger hinge (figuring you dont like normal hinge frames) or an Eclipse Blade Frame.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-9010-890-1.html

Why your at it get a:

Micro Rock Reg
Evolution Ram
Bellsales Hollopoint 3-way :) (best pnuemy setup)

Nah...just get another mag :)

zen_dawg
10-04-2002, 03:20 AM
so how do you like the frame other than the timing issues?
if you're still having probs with it, ill PM you my work number and you can call me and i can walk you through the timing process.

Rancid Milk
10-04-2002, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I figured out the timing issues. Nothing major. Thanks alot for your concern though. I'm just a newb to cockers and neded to do a little bit of research.
Thanks again for your concern
Jeff

P.S. Zen_Dawg is a really good trader :D

10-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
if your talking about the ANS quickfire. Take it and throw it in the garbage, then throw the garbage into a garbage disposal. Then after that put out in front of house and drive on back and forth repeatively, finally stomp. And wait for garbage men to pickup.

the ans frame is not that bad, the screws to support the trigger plate have plastic heads for the trigger plate to slide on. for a smothe feel

it comes with a new timing rod, with nylon set screws so you can just grip the timing collar with a pair of pliers and turn it, no messing with the set screws.

also, not everyone likes the blade frames =/