PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Down

PaInTbAlLeR476
09-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Hey all, i got a shoot down problem, its not a reg seat, i changed it twice, i have replaced every o-ring in the gun and cleaned everything, i have a lvl 10 also, i took apart all my air lines to make sure noting was blocking them, nothing was, but im still getting shoot down, HELP i wanna play soon, or im gonna have to loose my maggiepoo:(

virus
09-29-2002, 01:34 PM
what is the output pressure of your tank and what kind of air lines are you using going from tank to the valve.....

EsPo
09-29-2002, 02:55 PM
what kind of rear velocity adjuster do u have, i had a rear velocity adjuster and i was having CRAZZY bad shoot down, like i would shoot 2 then the rest would roll out the barrel. theni put the stock velocity adjuster back in and it was perfectly fine. so try that.

Mav D MagMan
09-29-2002, 03:16 PM
I have a pretty good theory as to the first thing you should check... Your *tank*... some tanks just don't have the flow rates/consistency a mag user desires. Have you tried other tanks with it?

Mav

PaInTbAlLeR476
09-29-2002, 05:59 PM
i have a nitro duck tuff skin tank, 850 output(i think it is i forget its in 800's) and a SS line running from drop to valve. it worked fine awhile ago, i just started having problems w/ it about 2.5-3 weeks ago, and im not sure what started it...

EDIT also on the rear velocity adjuster, i stopped using that awhile ago, it has not been on my gun for almost a year now.

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 05:40 AM
did you replace the Reg. piston o'ring?

are you using the biggest carrier that doesnt leak for your level 10 settings?

do you have 1/16"(about a credit card's thickness) of a gap behind the trigger when the marker's charged?

what type of barrel do you have? what type of nubbin?

athomas
09-30-2002, 08:02 AM
How old is your mag? If it is an older model with the X on/off top, is it possible that the on/off top is in upside down? If it is a newer model then don't worry about this problem.

PaInTbAlLeR476
09-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Mag was purchased last christmas,thats not the problem, im not sure what u mean by the "reg. piston o ring? do you mean the reg. seat o-ring? if so yes, replaced it 4 times in one week, to make sure they werent just screqrued up, ill check the carrier again, but im pretty posative its right, JJ 2 piece/cermaic for barrels, both w/ plastic nubbins, i have ven tried cranking velocity untill it leaks out back still shootdown, my friend is bringing in his spring pack tomarrow for me at school, im gonna try it to see if mines messed up and if in need a new one(its only about 9-10 months old, it shouldn't need one yet). ill chek about the credit card thick ness alittle later, im pissed at the mag right now and have decided to take a 24 hr break from it...:(, also im gonna try to test a system-x, and xfire tank to see if they have do anything for my problem, i dont see how it would since the tank has worked fine, but img onna try anyways.

PRPB
09-30-2002, 02:03 PM
I have the same problem with my mag, but i know the problem. It is my tank there is something wrong with my reg. So you should check the reg on your tank.

PaInTbAlLeR476
09-30-2002, 03:22 PM
is there a cahnce that it could be my spring pack alreay?, its a fairly new gun

athomas
09-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Here is the reg piston o-ring.

http://www.geocities.com/thomasan2000/regpistonassy.html

riooso
09-30-2002, 08:38 PM
I had a problem where I would shoot and the velocity would just drop each time I pulled the trigger. The problem would start all over again once I gave it a rest. I took apart the regulator in the tank and found out it was dirty and cruddy. Cleaned and lubed and replaced the o-ring and
problem went away.

R

PaInTbAlLeR476
10-01-2002, 06:20 PM
im getting desperate, its not my spring pack, i got ahold of a friends, mines fine im really getting annoyed, WHAT SHOULD I DO????????

hitech
10-01-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbAlLeR476
WHAT SHOULD I DO????????
Check the tank, or try another one. ANY tank can develope a flow problem and cause shootdown. Check the tank.

Ariestsheft
10-01-2002, 07:43 PM
Dude, steve, ill get fills on thursday and you can try my crossfire and system x tanks. (for anyone not in the know, i live 10 minutes from him.)

PaInTbAlLeR476
10-01-2002, 07:44 PM
bahi hate problems, i hope its not my tank or ima flip at nitro duck