PDA

View Full Version : i need some help on my spyder very fast!!!!!

yeahthatsme
09-29-2002, 10:20 AM
ok. my spyder sport keeps double and triple feeding. and the balls dont stay. they fall out of the barrel. my first thought was the ball detent. i replaced that. its still multi feeding. i'm pretty sure its not the paint-barrel match as this hasnt happened with this paint till now. thanks.

virus
09-29-2002, 01:32 PM
if your paint is rolling out hte barrel then it is not a good match......

a good match would be having to blow the ball out the end of the barrel..... but not make you blue in the face doing it......

in your case the paint is too small for the barrel and probly to small to be stopped by your ball detent.....

cphilip
09-29-2002, 03:33 PM
...and are you sure you put a good detent in? Should have a nice rubber tit on it. Double check you had a good one and it didn't fall right off when you put it in. If that is still good it HAS to be way to small but I never seen THAT small a paint that a spyder would not hold it in there.

BTW: The detent in these things is in the body not the barrel...

yeahthatsme
09-29-2002, 05:35 PM
i know what the detent is. i replaced it with a good one. does anybody know what size 32 degrees competetition is? i have a ruffly .689 bore barrel. thanks for any more help.

Rabidus
09-29-2002, 08:41 PM
Hey, the best solution to your double feeding is to buy an Automag!!

ZyperioN
09-30-2002, 03:55 PM
amen to dat rabidus!!!

darklord
09-30-2002, 08:00 PM
have you tried doing the blow test? Put a paintball in your barrel and see if it fits snug, is too tight, or is too loose. If it's too loose then, bang! there's your problem. Paint isn't always EXACTLY the marked bore size... what barrel are you using? My stock shutter barrel would have PMI premiums roll right through. Make sure your paint-bore match is good.

Bulldog
09-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Are you using a HALO?