PDA

View Full Version : Halo b or LVL 10

Magluvr
09-29-2002, 04:50 PM
The subject says it all, should I get LVL 10 or the Halo b. Please try and tell me your reasoning. For example:

Halo:
No adjustment vs. LX carriers

LX:
Price
No batteries to go dead

HoppysMag
09-29-2002, 04:56 PM
LX- cheaper, cooler, better upgrade in general ( in my opinion)

Blennidae
09-29-2002, 05:26 PM
I agree with Hoppy. Once you get L10 set up and running, you shouldn't have to make adjustments.

shartley
09-29-2002, 05:35 PM
I would say it depends on what you currently have, and how you use your marker.

If you have an RT Pro, I would probably go with the Halo B first (unless you currently have problems chopping). Then when you push your limits and begin having problems chopping, get the LX.

If you have an E-Mag, go LX! Then you will be fine with whatever hopper/loader you choose to slap on it.

Either way you will more than likely want to get LX at SOME point and I think most of us want Halo Bs. :D

Overall however, if you already have at least a 12V Revy… I would say go LX. I think I will be upgrading to LX very soon.

confedman75
09-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Can you use a gravity loader with L10????? will the gun just shoot at 3 balls per second then?

shartley
09-29-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by confedman75
Can you use a gravity loader with L10????? will the gun just shoot at 3 balls per second then?
Your marker will shoot as fast as the loader will allow. LX does not make the marker shoot FASTER only helps prevent chopping the balls because the bolt is moving faster than the balls are loading. It causes the bolt to STOP when hitting a ball that has not fully seated itself and cycle back giving the ball time to fully settle in. Then it cycles forward again. When normally it would plow through the ball busting it apart.

I hope that helps. (note: My explanation was VERY non technical… LOL)

Miscue
09-29-2002, 05:55 PM
gj Shartley. :)

Chance_K_J
09-29-2002, 06:47 PM
My personal opinion would be to go with the LvLX first, theres no point in feeding 18+ bps when when some or all will chop.

LittMag
09-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Another option (if you like the setup) could be a warp, it should keep most of your chopping problems to a minimum b/c of the force feed then get the lvl 10. Else I would probably go with the Halo, then lvl 10.

Hell, buy them ALL! :D (if only we all had that much money)

Magluvr
09-30-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LittMag
Another option (if you like the setup) could be a warp, it should keep most of your chopping problems to a minimum b/c of the force feed then get the lvl 10. Else I would probably go with the Halo, then lvl 10.

Actually the Halo is a force feed system. (That is why it easily outperforms the Revy's; cause they still rely on gravity)

Note to those who were wondering:
I currently have a MiniMag, Stabilizer, "New" All American, and CO2 (which is why I have the stab)

hardr0ck68
09-30-2002, 11:02 AM
when i first got my LX i took 2 hoppers full of the worst paint i had (the bag had been opened for a week, lossa dimples) loaded up my old pre BE rev and went to town, the first hopper i had not a single problem...the second hopper i turned the rev off :D and i still had not a problem (had to shake it a few times to get it to feed but thats to be expected) now last time i played i shot 1500 balls with my set up (retro LX halo A) and had one ball break i dident cheak to see if it was breach or barrel i just cleared it and kept playin i would say its all personal choice, but to my LX is the better first step.

RetroEclipseMan
09-30-2002, 07:48 PM
This is the same situation I'm in.I am easily outshooting my revy with ineliframe and retro valve and know i need to get lvl10 but with it taking them so long to get out i don't know if i should just get a halo b first and see if that makes a difference and then by then the backorder problem should be taken care of.

xmetal2001
09-30-2002, 10:16 PM
I'd say lvl10, its also reduces kick and costs less.