PDA

View Full Version : oh dear(mag issues)

dansim
09-29-2002, 07:03 PM
well i havent been in here in a while but im having some problems with my new mags
first a stock air valve it was an old smart valve(no black box) and i replaced all the orings in the valve and it seems to make a
VREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE sound coming from above the trigger frame(on/off pin?)
it was leaking down the barrel i changed the spacer to 220 i have 220,225,230, and 240 for spacers here it also makes a weird woosh noise when trying to fire

retro valve, given to me as it was put together i was assured it worked, i changed bodies from an emag to mini body, i set it with an intelliframe, and it wouldnt quite shoot right now it leaks down the barrel(spacer) also makes damn woosh sound when shooting between shots, i put it back to its configuration(zgrip) and mini body but it still does it i was told not to mess with the spacer as it was a b----- to get right

help please....all this was done with a new cross fire 68,3000 and an angel air set at 850

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 05:32 AM
as far as spacers go if your gun has bolt stick use a longer one. If it leaks down the barrel, use a shorter one.

when you charge the marker make sure the trigger rod has 1/16(a credit card's thickness)of a gap from the trigger.

check your on/off and powertube o'rings.(you said you replaced them all, make sure they are oil'd properly)

dansim
09-30-2002, 08:40 AM
ok well i got the retro fixed with new power tube orings but my valve still does the VREEEEEEEEEEE noise on the standard valve....maybe my on off is worn i oiled the hell out of it and wiped off teh excess, whats teh standard length of a new or working on/off pin?

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 10:32 AM
.750 make sure it's in the right way (groove up), make sure all the on/off parts are incorrectly.

check that the pin is not warped or swelled at any point. if you have an older "X" style on/off make sure it's in the right way. I doubt that's what would be making that noise though.

Is your velocity up?

dansim
09-30-2002, 09:57 PM
wouldnt it be venting from the back? or do you think maybe the velocity is too low...looks like i need more air:rolleyes:

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 10:08 PM
maybe the velocity is too low if you can get it to fire good by raising the velocity, your good to go(just chrono). If it works when you raise the velocity but leaks out the back, get a new reg piston.

dansim
10-02-2002, 09:07 AM
wait so the pin goes up? like the groove up into the valve???

EnW
10-02-2002, 10:22 PM
I think what he meant by "groove up" was as you are holding the valve upside down in your hand the groove should be up. I am quite sure that the grooved end goes toward the outside of the valve.

Havoc_online
10-02-2002, 10:38 PM
right, sorry not not clarifing...