PDA

View Full Version : Immitation Paintball!!

Fanatic
09-30-2002, 01:12 AM
Well to get things starter i love paintball!!

i live here in California and been playing the game for a little over three years...but getting to the point..
i found this indoor arena in the bay area and a sign stated "PHAZERBALL" and i thought, ooh laser tag immitation. just to get more laughs i entered the arena and found the game was not with "PHASERS" or little laser guns but people shooting paintball guns with foam rubber bullets!!
I scope things out and found Stingrays pumps as the markers, hoppers and paintball acessories being used for the game. i was shocked in a way..
For starters, using foam rubber bullets!! I took one with me and had a look see, it was a bit smaller than paintballs about 50cab. maybe im not sure.
the place has marshals and everything there was to paintball, without the paint. The FPS was way down to 100.

Well as in my opinion...i thinks its good, it's like paintball little league. and maybe a starting point to new GEN of players...or it could take the place of our game alltogether!!--nah!:D

But im curious of AO opinions!!:confused:
Like or Hate let'em fly

Shirow
09-30-2002, 06:45 AM
Sounds like a good way for kids to play without getting bruised up, but would have the same problems I have with airsoft - how do you know when you've hit someone?

I doubt you can even feel them at that fps, which would make it all pretty pointless, but I guess its fun if you just want to go shoot some plastic guns :p

Riotz
09-30-2002, 06:49 AM
That sucks. I play because of the pain. :D

even though I'm getting hit less often

Ohh question, how do they know if one of those balls hit you? Does it leave a mark or something?

freek133
09-30-2002, 07:30 AM
oooh oooh, I saw this in a magazine, to answer the question "how do you know if you have been marked?" the foam balls should have a small coating of orange or yellow powder, there should be black lights in the indoors area and when shot, the layer of powder shows up on your clothes. That should be about it, I think this is a great Idea for the little guys who want to play painless paintball. I prefer regular paintball though...

Skoad
09-30-2002, 07:57 AM
I got a catalog from the people who make phazerball, you wear these like $3,000 chest peices that if you get hit a buzzer and some lights go off.

freek133
09-30-2002, 08:00 AM
hmmm.... I was a little off:p
its what the magazine said...

Shirow
09-30-2002, 09:54 AM
Isn't that laser tag? This sounds different, like it shoots actual projectiles and not light beams.

synreal
09-30-2002, 10:04 AM
http://www.lazerball.com/

"<b>LazerBalls®</b> - patented ,soft, foam balls that can be fired through any standard paintball marker. LazerBalls glow under black light and can be reused hundreds of times. LazerBalls are sometimes referred to as paintless paintballs or reusable paintballs.

<b>Scoring Vest</b> - The Impact Recorder Vest™ is used when playing LazerBall to record all hits a player may have taken during a game. The vest contains 6 separate scoring zones ( 3 back, 3 front)."

Skoad
09-30-2002, 10:05 AM
http://www.amusepro.com/PhazerZone.htm

could be a different setup than what your thinking. but thats where i got my catalog from, i wanted to see how much the balls were. 37 cents each :)

The vests are $1,225

Shirow
09-30-2002, 10:24 AM
Hmm, interesting.

Fanatic
09-30-2002, 04:16 PM
as you guessed and i forgot to mention, the players do use these vest. they look like a catchers pad in baseball.
and the principles of laser tag are present. you don't get out until you are shot 10 times! OUCH- meaning the arena is like the size of 2 standard living rooms- at least this arena is.
and from the number of people i questioned, yes they leave welts!
the only thing i like about this concept is that you can pick your ammo off the floor!!
they charge $1 for 1/2 hopper of pellets/balls.
i suppose that this is one of those rare things paintball players do on the off season like winter.
i should try to get pix next time.