PDA

View Full Version : NJ players....

Rmarks
09-30-2002, 02:41 AM
I was curious as to where you guys play. I've been playing at Paintball Depot since I started playing I guess it's 6 or 7 years now. I just bought my Minimag and I'm really itching to go play speedball. Paintball Depot has some good wooded playing fields but I'm trying to move away from that now. Can anybody tell me some good places to play that have some nice speedball courses? I was thinking of playing Wed Nights at Top Gun paintball under the lights on their speedball fields, but the 2 hour drive kind of deters me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm in Morris County if that helps out.

Mild 7
09-30-2002, 03:36 AM
Try ABC, BYOP on Sundays! There's also Pineland, which I'm unfamiliar with. Top Gun is ok. They got descent speedball fields there, I would visit for the experience.

Riotz
09-30-2002, 05:55 AM
I would go to fireball mountain on Sundays. They have two fields, one in Old Bridge and another in North Hanover ( http://www.fireballmountain.com/ ) It's BYOP. I wouldn't recommend ABC though. =|

Top Gun is ok, but pricey.

Hemlock86
09-30-2002, 06:42 AM
Is the pb good in NJ/Toms River? Im moving back there in about 5 years, once my enlistment is up. I gotta make a quick 4 year stop in Belgium first though. :D

Riotz
09-30-2002, 06:46 AM
Hemlock, allot can change in 5 years. hehe :)

Wc Keep
09-30-2002, 07:28 AM
theres pb in toms river??? anyway i think top gun is awesome if you dont mind shelling out 80$$ for a case of paint. but on target paintball i feel is very good for either speedball or woods fields. and its byop so you cant beat that. and you just gotta love fireball mtn. a little ghetto but nice place to play.

cphilip
09-30-2002, 10:15 AM
They all play in South Carolina...its a bit far to drive but the weather is nice. ;)

Ask em for a ride they are coming down Nov 9th... :D

Thordic
09-30-2002, 10:15 AM
I like Top Gun, but it is a little pricy.

FBM is cheap on sundays, but I can see a lot of players being miserable because the competition is usually pretty high, and an average woodsballer would be dealing with tourney players all day most likely.

Paintball Depot = overpriced. If you want to pay too much to play paintball, go to Top Gun :)

JEDI
09-30-2002, 12:12 PM
PBX Battle Grounds will be open in sussex NJ soon. I know soon is not NOW, but they're set up, they're just trying to get through a good amount of red tape. Once they are open they will be the best around this area by far. I'm sure you'll catch wind here as soon as they're open.

Dayspring
09-30-2002, 12:31 PM
Do we know if PBX is looking for judges? I got told at Skirmish that I'd make a good judge- mainly because I have a big mouth...

FreshmanBob
09-30-2002, 01:55 PM
I play mainly ABC just because its always BYOP. I'd like to try other places but they're all hours away, if you move to jersey an play paintball, move to either northern jersey or southern jersey, but no where near central jersey. I'm just south of morristown, in basking ridge.

Wc Keep
09-30-2002, 09:12 PM
what are you talking about im in central nj and am about an hour away from everything minus fbm old bridge which is about 20 minutes. central nj rocks.

Mango
09-30-2002, 09:17 PM
There is a new paintball facility opening up like 10 minutes from my house!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!! I almost drove my camaro off the road today when I saw the sign. It's a VERY high quality facility, with indoor AND outdoor!!!! It's right in Winslow Twp. for you south jersey guys. On route 73 close to Sicklerville/Ceder Brook.

It's called "Paintball Invasion". Thier grand opening is soon. I will post more details if anyone is interested in going.

Wc Keep
09-30-2002, 09:25 PM
post more mango. post more.

LittMag
09-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Websites for the feilds? How close are they to Philly?

1stdeadeye
10-01-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
There is a new paintball facility opening up like 10 minutes from my house!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!! I almost drove my camaro off the road today when I saw the sign. It's a VERY high quality facility, with indoor AND outdoor!!!! It's right in Winslow Twp. for you south jersey guys. On route 73 close to Sicklerville/Ceder Brook.

It's called "Paintball Invasion". Thier grand opening is soon. I will post more details if anyone is interested in going.

Hey Mango,
Is that the old indoor soccer place? A buddy of mine told me about them a few months ago, but didn't know when they where opening. LMK!:D

*ArKfEaR*
10-01-2002, 03:21 PM
Yo Rmarks , i play at paintballdepot just about every weekend. Im friends with the people there too :) lots of discounts hehe.

I play at ABC to after tourneys to use left over paint (byop) and we beat up on the loozers there.

Did you go to the big game on maybe i saw you?

Rmarks
10-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
Yo Rmarks , i play at paintballdepot just about every weekend. Im friends with the people there too :) lots of discounts hehe.

I play at ABC to after tourneys to use left over paint (byop) and we beat up on the loozers there.

nah I couldn't make it, I had to work that day so I didn't get the chance.

PolishSausage
10-01-2002, 05:52 PM
I hear from friends that Knightbreed paintball in West Milford is really nice. Some woods and a decent Sup Air field. I bought my Cocker from them but never got a chance to play. http://www.knightbreedpaintball.com

-Tyler

*ArKfEaR*
10-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Really? Bah it was awesome too bad you missed it.

And polish i went to knightbreed its poo. Ive been there in total 3 times and all 3 times i went with my team cause there were like no people there. The fields were decent, rather small i guess. But set up nicely, but its always a ghost town over there.

SHAG
10-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Hi,

Knightbreed Paintball is really nice. The fields are decent. I have seen all three but primaryly played on the Sup air field for practice. The prices were descent.

Paintball is Paintball in NJ. No matter where you go it will fairly pricey. Look to spend anywhere from 10 to 30 to walk on a field. Another 50-130 for a case. Plus anywhere from 5-20 for fills or a pass. Some places don't offer a pass.

Most places run around 70-90 a case though and average walk on price is about 15 bucks. Most of the time, I pick up paint on discount with the field since it is a special event pricing such as the AO day at PBX.

That's my two cents.

Alan

JEDI
10-02-2002, 07:41 AM
KnightBreed Sucks! I dont usually like to publicly bash a place, but this is an exception. The sup air field is the only one even close to a tournament field and it sucks. They have giant tractor tires amongst the air bunkers. The ground is hard dirt with rocks and CEMENT spilled every where. I currently have a pair of JT pro pants with one leg ripped off, and a huge gash on my left leg. Sliding is not an option.
They dont maintain anything. They're more interested in building new snack shacks instead of better fields. Theres a reason it always looks like a ghost town, they dont cater to players at all. It just sucks!

Mango
10-02-2002, 08:05 AM
Ok guys, here is the most information I have as of yesterday regarding the new Paintball Complex in South Jersey!!!!!!!

They have the most modern facilities for paintball in New Jersey. The details are:

Fully stocked Pro-Shop
Indoor facility that will house TWO 5-man tournament sized Ultimate Air fields.
10 ACRES!!!! of FLAT, former soccer field quality land that will be fore MORE ultimate air, hyperball, palet fields, etc etc.

They are trying to get thier own league started, and they still have lots to do. Those are the details I got from Mark (one of the co-owners). I'm going over there today to talk to him, he wants me to work there so we will see. I told him about automags.org and that I have access to lots of NJ players and such. He was pretty excited.

He is in contact with the NPPL about getting the AC NPPL match held there next year. From the way the place looks, I don't think they would hesitate one bit. Here is the contact information:

Paintball Invasion
192 State Hwy No 73 S, Hammonton, NJ 08037
(609) 704-7787

Call that number and leave a message if you don't get anyone, they will call back. If your a team captain, now is the time to call and tell them you want to come down. They will take care of you. They just want to get as many teams to call and come down as possible.

Grand Opening date has yet to be set. Once it is, I'll let everyone know.

I'm totally stoked over this place, I can't believe it's in south jersey! hahahaha. :D

1stdeadeye
10-02-2002, 08:21 AM
PMed you!

Wc Keep
10-02-2002, 10:18 AM
whoa so its not cheap chopped up grass its the real good artificial turf. thats good stuff. i heard they were supposed to make the fields at rexplex with that stuff but i heard they may close due to several factors:(

Automaggin2
10-02-2002, 03:53 PM
what! THEY ARE ADDING ALL THAT IN HAMMONTOM! WOW! I play at on target a lot, i dont play at Fireball anymore because i had WAY to many problems with them. for example, i paid 20 dollers to play on a sunday, and they only had 2 refs on staff, and i played 3 games the whole day.

i hear roughneck paintball is really nice to

www.ontargetpaintball.com
www.topgunpaintball.com
www.fireballmountain.com
www.roughneckpaintball.com

SyntaxError
10-02-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

hey!! I was there with Team Bad Dream (red JT camo jerseys), I was the kid with the blue RT and the leopard print headband screaming at the refs all day long, hehe, maybe I met you there?

SyntaxError
10-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
KnightBreed Sucks! I dont usually like to publicly bash a place, but this is an exception. The sup air field is the only one even close to a tournament field and it sucks. They have giant tractor tires amongst the air bunkers. The ground is hard dirt with rocks and CEMENT spilled every where. I currently have a pair of JT pro pants with one leg ripped off, and a huge gash on my left leg. Sliding is not an option.
They dont maintain anything. They're more interested in building new snack shacks instead of better fields. Theres a reason it always looks like a ghost town, they dont cater to players at all. It just sucks!

hmm, Adam be cool man, they're not all bad. Granted the sup air field sucks royally and I too managed to rip a pair of JT's on the "ground", but letting us practice there for not much cash at all and pretty much bringing our own paint (at least i did) is pretty cool. Yeah, its mainly a noob field but still, they aren't completely terrible. However they are FAR from being "tournament quality" like advertised, like REALLY far away from that. The snack shacks DO suck though, I never thought someone could get food poisoning form onion rings...

10-02-2002, 07:12 PM
I might be at fireball this sunday. I will be the guy in the yellow JT Bubble jersey and yellow invision

Wc Keep
10-02-2002, 07:36 PM
will what fireball are you going to?

1stdeadeye
10-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

I just heard back from them. Their Grand Opening is next Saturday the 12th of October.