PDA

View Full Version : short stroking...

K4S
09-30-2002, 03:03 AM
Occasionally whenever i short stroke on my mag the bolt wont recock properly or the seer wont catch so i cant even shoot. I have to degas and then regas before the seer catches again and away i go. I have a slide check so this isnt a "big" problem but i was just wondering...when you short stroke on any mag is it normal for the seer not to catch and then you cant shoot until you degas and regas??? :confused:

k thx.

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 03:45 AM
have you ever messed with your sear trigger rod length? what type of trigger frame do you have?

how much pressure are you running it at? HPA right?

athomas
09-30-2002, 08:08 AM
You may be experiencing bolt stick. Check your bolt spring for wear. It should extend well past the end of the bolt tip(about 1/4") when on the bolt. If it is shorter than it should be, replace it.

If the spring is fine, try a slightly longer power tube spacer.

K4S
09-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
have you ever messed with your sear trigger rod length? what type of trigger frame do you have?

how much pressure are you running it at? HPA right?

i got it used...i havent touches the sear trigger rod length but i think the previous owner did...the trigger frame is stock and im running at around 850 psi output from tank....are you sure its bolt stick?

K4S
09-30-2002, 11:49 PM
the trigger rod is definately not 1/16 of an inch from the trigger...would this cause the sear not to catch occasionally when i short stroke the trigger? or do i need to order a spacer kit???

Havoc_online
10-01-2002, 02:38 AM
adjust the trigger rod to 1.98" that should give you the 1/16" behind the trigger. Do that, try it, then we'll take it from there.:)

K4S
10-14-2002, 01:13 AM
ok i set it to 1.98 inches...When i pull the trigger back really slow it has the initial shot, then kinda burps air 1-2 times. When i get it to do that, the trigger rod doesnt go forward all the way and i have to degas and regas to start shooting again.

After i pull the trigger (normal speed, not really slow) i have 1 shot and then while im still holding the trigger, if i release really slow i get either a couple burps of air and then the trigger rod will stay back and not come forward or the my mag will seem to shoot twice (sometimes it will actually shoot a paintball but with a low velocity) and the rod will recock properly. Even when im shooting normally sometimes when i release the trigger i get a double shot...help

k thx.

K4S
10-15-2002, 12:58 AM
i watched the mag video thing and i guess i am having bolt stick...but im not sure if that explains why i get double shots when i pull or release the trigger slowly. Should i get a spacer kit? and can someone tell my why im getting double shots. Do i need a new sear or a new on/off pin?

athomas
10-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Try the new bolt spring first.

K4S
10-16-2002, 02:43 AM
You said that the bolt spring should be about 1/4 inch from the top of the bolt. My spring is 1/4 inch from the top of the bolt when the spring is on, but i looked at my spring from my parts kit and the new spring is almost 1/2 inch from the top of the bolt tip...so yeah, ill try it out this weekend when i go to my field, the spring might be the problem.

Another thing, my spacer doesnt have any numbers on it, it's just blue, and when i shake my valve i can hear my spacer moving up and down...is this a bad thing? :eek: :confused:

DirtRider
10-16-2002, 07:40 AM
the same thing happend to me, my trigger rod was off.

you have to get a set of calipers and put it on 1.985

K4S
10-18-2002, 12:21 AM
Where can i get calipers cheap or where can i go to have someone with calipers measure my trigger rod. I looked up calipers on the net and i got some pretty extreme prices for a dial caliper.

K4S
10-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Well, i made the trigger rod longer, i didnt have any calipers but i estimated using a ruler to as close as i could. Seems what i put it at fixed it since i can pull the trigger slowly and i just get 1 shot. As for letting go really slow. I was told by a few people that the couple bursts of air was normal since when i let go of the trigger slowly im opening up the on/off pin slightly which causes the bursts of air (or would a new spring fix it all?). I got the lawn sprinkler problem when you hold the trigger, and i fixed that, and my velocity was a bit crazy. About +/-10fps. I think it's the reg seat so i'll try replacing that first.