PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 kicking in constantly since retro

Shirow
09-30-2002, 11:19 AM
I got a retro valve this weekend, and now level 10 kicks in constantly (well, 5-6 times a game, which is a lot compared to how it was before.)

I'd like to think I'm outshooting my revy w/ x-board, but I doubt it :) What I'm thinking is that there may just be too many gaps between balls feeding. Does that sound possible?

If so, I'm looking at a couple of choices:

1) Wiring my intelliframe to my revy (haven't done this yet.) Think this would alleviate the problem? I don't want to do it if it won't as I dont really want wires hanging out of my gun.

2) Getting a faster hopper (Halo B? Evolution? Whatever..)

3) Getting a warp.

I do like the way the warp feels but I wasn't planning on upgrading yet as I'd need a new body too (looking at a warp feed black minimag body.) Just curious if this really is a 'speed' problem or just a problem with the way my revy is currently feeding.

Any input appreciated!

cphilip
09-30-2002, 11:21 AM
You did start all over with the carrier set up right? If so then I suspect you are not feeding as fast as your shooting now. Thats a pleasant problem is it not? :)

Load SM5
09-30-2002, 12:18 PM
What's your tank's output pressure? If you can crank it up a bit. Sometimes what sounds like level 10 kicking in is actually your input rate being a tad too close to the working pressure of your mag. Any recharge issues however tiny will cause the mag to make the noise during rapid fire when the tank does'nt keep up.

I had a similiar problem. I turned the valve's output pressure up 50 psi and that did it for me.

FrAuStY
09-30-2002, 12:21 PM
This hasn't been asked yet.. so I'll ask it :) Do you have the parabolic feed plug? or do you have the old flated sided one? You'll know you have a parabolic on eif there are two small hex screws in the end that sticks outta the feed tube. They allow you to adjust the feed plugs curve so the feed problems will disappear. Good luck.

Shirow
09-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I have a parabolic, I think. I know the inside of it is curved. I've never noticed the screws but I'll have to check now when I get home :)

No adjustable tank right now, Load, using a preset 800-850ish tank (Crossfire). Do you think that would help? I know it is catching on paint at least some of the time, as I've checked. That could be it though. It's definitely the level 10 hiss though and not the low pressure farting noise ;)

Cphilip, if it's true, yes it is pleasant, in a sense.. although it's making me spend money faster (paint is $88 a case where I play! Since buying my 'mag and giving up on rentals I've started shooting a hopper and two or three 140 round pods a game instead of less than a hopper.. not sure if thats good or bad, but I don't go anywhere without my 4+3 dimension pack anymore...)

My local dealer is getting some screw in adjustable tanks soon (yes, never seen them before either..) so I might pick up one of those and give it a try. The valve is DEFINITELY reactive, so I don't need to crank it any higher as far as that goes. It actually feels like its running away a little sometimes, although people keep telling me I'm just sweet spotting it. If I am, I don't think I like it - it feels out of control (only does that for 2-3 shots occassionally but it's enough to be noticable - maybe once or twice a game.) I think I'll just stick it out for a couple of months and then pick up that minimag body and a warp.. I've been meaning to anyway. Think a 12v revy on top of a warp is fast enough? The warp should compensate for any gaps, right?

Kai
09-30-2002, 01:53 PM
Yeah, if I were you, I would try out the HALO or Warp/Revy...that should solve it if you are, indeed, outshooting your gun.

You wouldn't happen to be the same Shirow that posts on The Opera message boards, would you?

Shirow
09-30-2002, 02:36 PM
yep, that's me, the one & only ;)