PDA

View Full Version : Automag trigger frame mod

musashi
09-30-2002, 03:31 PM
Another question about the stock composite trigger frame. I've found the stock trigger frame to be most comfortable for my hands:

1) Most .45 grip frames tend to be sized med-large.
2) Field strip screw is not flush with the thumb ridge on most aftermarket trigger frames (stock trigger frame is molded so that the field strip screw does not feel uncomfortable to the thumb-index finger web).

Anyways, the stock trigger frame looks like there are glass filaments (resin) embedded in the adhesive/bonding agent. Was the trigger frame injection molded AND heat cured? I'm thinking of revising the trigger gard with common marine grade fiberglass epoxy (to fit a double trigger). It seems like a lot of trouble, but humor me. I like the stock rubber grips.

Details: using a strip of wiremesh to form the basic geometry of the triggerguard, so that the fiberepoxy mis can have something to bond to initially. Basic shape will be set as the first few lawers of the fiber-epoxy cures. Final geometry of trigger guard will be machine cut and polised to leave a desireable finish (for painting, etc.)