PDA

View Full Version : halo b or evolution?

dtm
09-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Halo b or eVolution?

ive seen both, but ive never played with any of them. i heard the eVlution is really fast but i hear the same about halo b. Which is better in your opinion?

56kSomeGuy
09-30-2002, 09:07 PM
EVO 2 is my choice since it's smaller, more compact, lighter, feeds as fast as a holo, and can hold more than a halo. Going to get one for myself soon as I can find a micro e-mag.

xmetal2001
09-30-2002, 10:14 PM
HALO B, technically its faster(although you would never shoot that fast)

The #1 reason to get HALO B.....The eggolution is the most hideous hopper i've EVER seen! No offense to you poor poor people that have those...things...

vf-xx
09-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Eh halo B force feeds. Eggo2 does not.

Can't say which is better, they both have problems and good points.

Personally I wanna try out an eggo 2 cause if it works well it looks like it should fit well on a warp.

Also Eggo 2 is much cheaper (I've heard anyway)

terrorizer666
10-01-2002, 02:12 AM
depends which gun huh :)
If you shoot a spyder or normal Mag, you neither need a Halo nor a evo2.
evo 2 is smaller and doesnt weigh so much, feeds 17 bps, halo B does 20+. Look what u need. If you can manually shoot 17+ bps I envy you ;)

56kSomeGuy
10-01-2002, 02:22 PM
I think the evo 2 looks sexy.

*ArKfEaR*
10-01-2002, 02:32 PM
dtm. You do not want an evolution, but you do want an Evolution II - why - 56kSomeGuy named all the reasons why.

I picked up one about a month ago. Love it, totally blows halo out of the water.

But an Evolution II and Evolution are very different so make sure if you go into purchasing it its the EVO II.

56kSomeGuy
10-01-2002, 02:53 PM
Yup the evo had a lot of problems but they fixed most of them in evo 2.

BajaBoy
10-01-2002, 04:42 PM
dan (dtm) has an rtp.. and dan go with the halo, i honstly hate that egg. Andy has one and its crap (your hopper u have right now is bettre)

dtm
10-01-2002, 05:59 PM
hahah thanks jeff. EVERYONE BAJABOY IS THE MAN!!!!

BajaBoy
10-01-2002, 07:11 PM
oomg lol

TRIAD
10-04-2002, 06:03 PM
One of the main reasons to get a Halo B is that it feeds better at angles. That's why I plan on getting one. There's no way I'm going to outshoot it, but I was that force feed. I am tired of hearing that the Eggo 2 feeds as fast as the Halo B. It does not. It feeds fast, but not as fast. Plus, the E2 is not forcefeed, as was stated above. Save a little more money up and get the best, rather than something pretty good. The Halo B has my vote.

Duke Henry
10-04-2002, 07:24 PM
I just picked up an Eggo 2 today. I wanted a backup in case my HALO-B craps out. (My Revy was stolen at a recent event).

Anyway - it is true that the Eggo is ugly. Of course, that is in the eye of the beholder.

It does feed fast, much faster than I thought. Almost as fast as a HALO-B, but not quite as fast.

After a tournament tomorrow, I will be able to say for sure - I plan on using the Eggo in at least a few games!

RT pRo AuToMaG
10-04-2002, 08:48 PM
i'd go with the halo b. Why? because they forcefeed, they look better, they are the best technology, and they are the fastest loader out right now.

bobbybobinson
10-06-2002, 12:45 PM
halo b definatly. it is alot easier to load hat the ego but if your using a warp i would go with the evo cuz its lighter and the warp will force feed no need for a force feed hopper if you use it.
bob

Temo Vryce
10-06-2002, 04:40 PM
I've never seen an Eggo II. I have seen a Halo B, but not in use. I have owned an Eggo I.

Eggo I - Pros: Fast, faster than a revie, which I hwas out shooting. Easy to load with the flip back lid.
- Cons: Push button On/Off switch. Jammed occationally. Sat up high, but would function fine if angled down a little.

I won't comment on the Eggo II or Halo B because like I ssid I haven't seen them in use. Now it's been said that the Halo B is force fed. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this but hasn't the NPPL banned any hopper that is force fed? I remember the warp was under discussion because of this but it was allowed because it still relies on a gravity fed hopper. Now if I am right and it is banned in NPPL it won't affect a lot of rec players but some of you will be affected by this. I know of a lot of tournaments that use the NPPL rules as guide line. This is just a little something extra to think about before picking a loader.

Personally I say use a revie and buy a warp with the money you've saved. It will be fast enough for you.

cphilip
10-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Good question!

Well... it's not in the rules at all. I hear people say it is so but to date I have not seen one device that was outlawed nor have I seen any official definition of what is "Force Feed" or not. So who knows anything? or where is it? I checked the NPPL rules over very carefully and there is nothing in there making any force fed device illegal. Nothing about force feed at all as a matter of fact. In any section. If its a rule it should be in there should it not? I should think so...

And it would have to be defined in there too. In the case of the Halo it's a spring tension keeping the balls from moving backwards which results in some forward force. Not sure if that would meet any definiton they came up with till I see it.

Evil Bob
10-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Two words...

Brass Eagle

What products do they own that are not complete crap? What companies have they aquired that have not turned into complete crap?

They bought View Loader... and promptly changed the neck size and started using cheaper, more brittle plastic. Why else would people reference their loader as "Pre-BE" if the current ones weren't crap?

They bought JT... How many recalls has JT been through before they got bought out by Brass Eagle? How many since? Hmmm... Proteus, cheaper plastic, more brittle...

I see a theme developing here... cheaper plastic, more brittle. BE has no concern about quality, they're more concerned about cutting costs and making money then they are about the wellfare and safty of the players.

Buy the eggolution II, it's awesome... right up until the cute feed port breaks off or opens on you when you dive into a bunker. Seen both happen recently to other players. The door broke on the one my son uses the first weekend of using it.

-Evil Bob

56kSomeGuy
10-07-2002, 02:08 PM
I think the problem with BE is that they don't test their products fully before selling it to the public. Such as the evo I which had a whole lot of problems but they fixed it so it's still ok but they should have found the problems before selling it.

Automaggin2
10-07-2002, 04:32 PM
id wait til the new Halo TSA comes out. its got voice activation and a lcd to boot

Coaster
10-07-2002, 04:57 PM
so the opposing team could theoretically "turn" your loader off :D

1stdeadeye
10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
I just bought an Evo II from my local shop for $64.95. It fits perfectly on my warp. No interference with the feed hose at all. I picked the evo for the price to feature comparo. With a warp, you won't outshoot either a Halo or an Evo II. The Evo is lighter and by far cheaper. A plus is the fact that it fits the warp without the need for any surgery.

They are both good hoppers, however my R/T is heavy enough without the Halo on it.

ur4me2bunker
10-07-2002, 05:28 PM
I can say without a doubt that the Halo B is the best, hands down. Why? I own both, shoot both, and can testify. I can out shoot the Evo but I can't out shoot the Halo B. I used to get dead spots here and there with the EVO but NEVER with the B.
I does wiegh a lot and threw off my gun balance at first but I quickly got over that.
The EVO is still good though if your using a warp, since you don't really need the B then. I use the Halo on my vert feed and my Evo on my warp.

Just my opinion.