PDA

View Full Version : Halo SA??

Gambit1106
09-30-2002, 08:38 PM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halosa.html

So any ideas on what this one will be? I'm trying to figure out what the "SA" stands for.

Darren

Raptor3359
09-30-2002, 08:47 PM
halo super advanced ;)

Load SM5
09-30-2002, 08:55 PM
Danggit I just bought a B!!!

They better be upgradable.;)

FooTemps
09-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Raptor3359
halo super advanced ;)

dangit! you stole my guess!

PRPB
09-30-2002, 09:10 PM
hmm maybe now the prices on the halo b will drop. Then like that i can afford one :rolleyes: :D

Doobie
09-30-2002, 09:21 PM
KKKKRRRRAAAPPPP! Can't they space this stuff out a bit!
:mad:

AcemanPB
09-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Space Age

:confused:

FooTemps
09-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Halo SA(speedy A[as in halo A])

Bartman
09-30-2002, 09:39 PM
The best rumor I have heard so far is its a smaller vertion for front players. Same functions and feeding , but with a smaller look, for tucking tight.

Thats jsut what I have heard through the rumor mill.

bartman'
team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

the123
09-30-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that SA is a pun for 'say'. maybe the loader talks to you now since it's soo quiet now. tells the game time/lcd, ect... now wouldn't that be nice? It would also be nice to be user programmable for BPS to save on batteries.
None the less it sounds like i'm going to have to upgrade once again.
:rolleyes:

azzkikr
10-01-2002, 08:36 AM
I think that its going to feed 30 bps. thats my guess. AZZKIKR

ben_JD
10-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Oddly enough, it stands for Sound Activated. Strange, but true. Also, they seem to have changed the name from "SA" to "TSA".

:) I have enough stuff to yell at on the paintball field, I shouldn't have to yell at my hopper, too. :)

New Halo Loader (http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halosa.html)

AcemanPB
10-02-2002, 08:56 PM
lol, I can see it now, the other team yelling across the field to turn off your hopper....

Load SM5
10-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Sounds like they combined the HALO with an Empire Reload Kit. If so, they'll have one amzing hopper.

A HALO with a type of intellfeed with no wires.

cris8762
10-02-2002, 09:19 PM
lol..i can see it now:

*player looking at his loader during the game yelling*

"LOAD GOSH DIDDILY DARN U, LOAD!!!!!!!"

(notice Ned Flanders words substituted for actual words):D :D

PRPB
10-02-2002, 09:45 PM
From the looks of that pic. It seem they are going to have the body design like a ric. I think they are putting the best features of all the loaders on the market into one.

thevilduk
10-02-2002, 10:04 PM
"i swear if you don't load faster im gonna rip off your feed neck and JAM IT IN YOUR IMPELLER!" or now you could actually talk to your paintball gun. Or they should make it like a furbey and put in on a jt excellerator 6.0 and maybe they will carry on a conversation while your playing... or even sing SHOW TOONS!

ben_JD
10-02-2002, 10:32 PM
I was really hoping that the SA was the new board interface that Odyssey has been planning. It has a timer and ball counter in place of the normal black, plastic plate.

I don't need a new hopper, I need upgrades for the hopper that has already cost me $170!

paintball8869
10-02-2002, 11:21 PM
doesn't seem to me that it's going to replace the Halo B. Kinda looks like theyr'e going for a Revolution market range. By calling it an "agitated" hopper, I don't think it's gonna sort the balls like a Halo does and jam them down into the gun. It seems to me that they're gonna go after the revvy market and try to get more of the profit margins, not just the high end loaders anymore.

Pand0ra
10-03-2002, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by paintball8869
doesn't seem to me that it's going to replace the Halo B. Kinda looks like theyr'e going for a Revolution market range. By calling it an "agitated" hopper, I don't think it's gonna sort the balls like a Halo does and jam them down into the gun. It seems to me that they're gonna go after the revvy market and try to get more of the profit margins, not just the high end loaders anymore.

Yes I agree with you. It seems to be a totaly new loader, not an evolution of the Halo.

btw have some of you noticed the small hole near the feed neck of the HaloB? It seems a piece could slide in, and be kept in place by the two parts of the loader.
Looks like there'll be an option like an intellifeed in the futur.

manike
10-03-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
btw have some of you noticed the small hole near the feed neck of the HaloB? It seems a piece could slide in, and be kept in place by the two parts of the loader.
Looks like there'll be an option like an intellifeed in the futur.

That's where the ball detent on the Halo A used to be.

luke
10-03-2002, 08:23 AM
The answer was on the link you had us look at: "sound activation"
;)

Load SM5
10-03-2002, 09:14 AM
That little clue was'nt there when he orginally posted the link.

cphilip
10-03-2002, 10:31 AM
Yes they added that today...

My guess is it will spin from the sound of each shot. Sort of an intellifeed things. I like the idea!

And of course you could scream at it "Feed you dirty mother!!!" and it would! :D

Load SM5
10-03-2002, 12:12 PM
Won't work if you scream at it. Mine spins after each shot, when I close the lid, or degass my slidecheck. Apparently it has to be a sharp noise. I've yelled at it all day with no luck.:D

Gambit1106
10-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Load, mabey it has selective hearing and is just ignoring you. I wouldn't blame the thing.

Duke Henry
10-03-2002, 01:58 PM
I wonder if it is actually sound activated, or simply activated upon vibration...

Havoc_online
10-03-2002, 02:03 PM
I heard that Chris and Tex were working on putting a spin disk on the side of the HALO so that if the battery died or there were problems with the electronics, you could spin the disk a few turns to "charge" the spring and it would manually feed about a 12 ball string. Better than nothing. That and adding an LCD screen. I have no idea if it would be added to this new version of the HALO though.

Duke Henry
10-03-2002, 02:17 PM
I don't know about any of you - but I am not a big fan of LCD's (on loaders at least).

rudy
10-03-2002, 02:53 PM
why? why make it sound activated what is the advantage, im still waiting for an under the gun force feed if they want to get a jump on the comp thats where they have to go.

Raptor3359
10-03-2002, 03:01 PM
what is somebody shoots next to u would that make it spin too?

pito189
10-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Raptor3359
what is somebody shoots next to u would that make it spin too?

It probaly would but, if you had a full ball stack, then it would probaly just be like the belt drive, and slip over the gears until you actually started shooting.

I wonder what kind of batteries it is going to use. Are they going to stick with AA's or go to 9volts?

lonsch
10-03-2002, 05:01 PM
the advantage is that you now could use black shelled paint.

TheEmagGuy
10-03-2002, 05:01 PM
that would be halarious

Team 1 - "Hey we got Halo SA's, hahah you only got VL we are gonna own you!"
Team 2 - "We will see"

During game ------

Team 1 - "Hahahha we arent even gonna have a feeding problem lets get em guys"
Team 2 - "HALO OFF!!"
Team 1 - "damn they keep turning our halos off those cheaters!"

davidb
10-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Another more important is that BE can't sue them for this design, in stark contrast to their earlier models.

rudy
10-03-2002, 06:05 PM
Odyssey's new agitating loader with sound activation

any one notice it says agitated, does this mean it is not a "halo" that will sort balls and push them in. but rather just a new loader to compete with revs

Load SM5
10-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by rudy
why? why make it sound activated what is the advantage, im still waiting for an under the gun force feed if they want to get a jump on the comp thats where they have to go.

The advantage to sound activation is that it spins everytime the ball is fired, like intellifeed without wires. It works really well. Empire makes a kit for the revy called the Reload kit. I installled one at Shatnerball and ripped off long strings of paint and never outshot it. It's not so sensitive that everything sets it off but it still spins at every shot. No more eye and no more feed gaps.

cphilip
10-03-2002, 06:12 PM
I took it to mean that too. I suspect so...

manike
10-03-2002, 06:14 PM
Load, I am really glad you like the reload kit. I'm certainly very impressed by mine. It's the best agitiating system I have used and my batteries seem to last forever? (even when I forget to turn it off...)

I believe the new Halo SA will be this technology in it's own new shell. I can't wait to see one at the World Cup.

manike

Load SM5
10-03-2002, 06:17 PM
I love it Simon, thanks for pointing it out. Any word on the WAS Turborev experiments?;) I especially like it because it's been so reliable and much less finicky than my HALO B. I think a combination of the two would be amazing. Let us know what you find out at WC

booyah
10-04-2002, 09:51 AM
hmmm... time for detective work...

halo TSA Sound Activated Agitating feed system...

aka low end halo that just agitates, but does it by sound activation...

see, this works out nice since BE's patent is on an agitating loader activated by an infrared eye, the way halo got out of the law suit with be was their loader was a sorting loader activated by an infrared eye, not an agitating loader.

i think halo had some hurt feelings and wanted to strike back.

personally i'm all for someone telling BE to "riss up a pope" (no insult to any faith intended here.)

Dubstar112
10-04-2002, 11:13 AM
I already made my warpfeed sound activated. I used the jumpers that you'd use for rigging an Inteli up to the warp(Atleast I think I did :)), but plugged a phone handsfree kit into it. When I tapped on the mic for the handsfree the warp would spin. Same when I made any loud abbrupt noise...Simple :)

beam
10-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Clap on.
*clap* *clap*
Clap off.
*clap* *clap*
Clap on, clap off....the clapper!

paintball8869
10-05-2002, 02:35 AM
the unoffical official word from the boys at odyssey is that the new loader Halo TSA will be a competition for the revvy. I didn't get any real specifics, but it works similarly to the revvy(agitation not force feed like the halo) and has a sort of wireless intellifeed(through the sound activation). This is their way of going around the eye patents from BE, Odyssey's way is probably more effective. Also, Ed(might have been Eduardo, can't remember) at Odyssey said that the Halo TSA is in NO WAY going to be a competition for the HALO B when speaking of BPS. "The Halo B is and will still be the fastest loader on the market".

Hopefully that helps everyone out a little on what is going on with the new loader. I personally think they're just going right after BE instead of what BE wanted them to do (give up).