PDA

View Full Version : AGD Please help

gadget68
09-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Hello, I am in a bit of a jam. I just got my Proteam Micro E-mag back from the "Powder Coating shop" Well...now the story, When I received it the gentelman who did the work accidentley got residue inside the body and the barrel threads. That I don't believe you can help me with(hopefully Doc Nickel can)but when I was puting the electronics back into the frame and assembled the gun, my electromode was not working. Power was getting to the computer screen but the trigger wasn't working. Also the reactive trigger in manual mode would not kick back. Would it be possible to send in the marker to AGD for a complete service. This would happen only after I get ahold of someone who can repair the body and threads. I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Havoc_online
09-30-2002, 10:24 PM
what parts were powdercoated? was the rail and frame? that MAY have changed the position where the hall sensor and magnets sit.

gadget68
09-30-2002, 11:14 PM
The entire gun was powder coated. It is a proteam Micro emag.

athomas
10-01-2002, 08:41 AM
Remove any powdercoating where the trigger frame touches the body. The tolerences are tight on a mag and the extra thickness of the powdercoat could affect the operation. This could affect the trigger responce in manual mode.

The trigger actuation is quite possibly just the adjustment of the trigger magnet.

You should be able to remove the powdercoat from the threads with a dental pick and some solvent such as acetone.

gadget68
10-01-2002, 05:17 PM
Athomas,
Thanks, that is exactly what I did with the threads. Worked great. Could you explain the first part of your post about the trigger frame. I am not quite getting what you mean.
I thik that the there may be a build up of powder coating where the trigger sear goes through the frame to meet the trigger. Whats your opinion.

than205
10-01-2002, 08:58 PM
There should be an unpainted area. You want the bottom of your mag body to look like this....

athomas
10-01-2002, 11:26 PM
To explain the trigger frame - body combination:

There can be no foreign substances between the electronic trigger frame and the aluminum Proteam body. That means, if the body was painted separately from the trigger frame, you'll have to remove the build-up of powder coat on the bottom of the aluminum body and the top of the aluminum electronic frame. There can be no paint gap between the two.

Remove any powder coat that may interfer with moving parts as well. That would mean if there is paint in the groove that the sear moves in, then clean it out. The sear needs to move freely.

cphilip
10-02-2002, 08:12 AM
What they are trying to tell you is the length of your on off pin in relation to where it moves the sear has changed. Since the PTP Micro E has no rail the change is between the bottom of the body and the grip frame. Also double check your on off pin length. Should be .670-.675. on the Micro E. Mine is running at .669 right now. Since you have now gained a few thousanths of an inch between the two it may need to be longer or remove the amount gained on the body. I would first establish what the pin you are using now is and then make one a tad longer. Like .010 to .005 longer than what you find in there. thats where I would start if I was not going to try and sand off the coating between the two first.