PDA

View Full Version : E-mag won't shoot. need help fast!

the jackal
10-01-2002, 10:16 AM
I have a level 10 E-mag using the longest spring, 1.0 carrier, and two shims. Always worked fine up until last weekend. It doesn't fire electronically. I can hear the solenoid clicking but it won't shoot (bolt won't even move and no air is released. On Saturday it wouldn't shoot on E then I shot it in manual and it worked on E the rest of the day. Sunday it would only shoot on E every now and then regardless of whether I pulled the trigger in manual first. I spent Monday trying to fix it. Today it won't fire on E at all. I checked all the wires on the board and battery and found no loose contacts. I thought something might be dragging but the on/off pin and the solenoid plunger are perfectly straight and from what I can tell the solenoid is aligned with the sear so it shouldn't be causing any drag, I tried lowering the velocity to see if there was too much pressure on the on/off for the solenoid to push it and this had no effect. Battery has a full charge, HPA tank was full and on/off on the CA adapter was open all the way. My final guess is the adjustment on the plunger walked and I don't want to mess with that without help or something (solenoid or battery) will need replaced and I hope that's not the case. I have a tournament this Sunday and need to get this gun fixed! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Havoc_online
10-01-2002, 03:06 PM
make sure the nut and c-clip are sitting on top of the plunger rod. the plunger rod length should measure 3.010" to the sear.

try moving the plunger rod up and down, see if it has resistence.

the jackal
10-01-2002, 03:52 PM
I adjusted the sear rod to where it should be, it was off by a decent amount but I don't know how moved. guess I need to buy some loctite. I'm charging my battery right now and as soon as it's done I'll try the gun out. I hope that fixes it. thanks

BlackVCG
10-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Be sure that you're measuring from the top side of the arm on the sear to the tip of the black plunger. Like Havoc said, it should be 3.010". If it's too short the sear will beat up the on/off bottom and if it's too long it won't shoot because the sear can't drop far enough or it will chew up the bolt. Use green loctite (the wicking kind) to lock down the plunger and then tighten down the loctite to keep it in place.

Also, make sure your velocity nut is set high enough. If it's not the LX won't let it fire at all and you'll just hear the solenoid click.