PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic '03 or Matrix???

dtm
10-01-2002, 03:18 PM
My friend is thinking about getting either a black magic '03 or a matrix. he has shot a cocker before so he wont short stroke, but he doesnt know wut he wants.

so my question is: '03 Black Magic or Matrix???

FreshmanBob
10-01-2002, 04:04 PM
get a matrix and make sure its the new lcd, oh man are those things sweet. Anyone can rip on them and they can't chop. I might have to pick one up for a graduation present this june :D

xmetal2001
10-01-2002, 05:01 PM
Matrix, I truthfully dont see the point in paying that much for an autococker, unless you just want to spend the money.

If the rumors were true, that would be different; but they aren't.

They dont shoot farther.
They aren't more accurate.

And because of that, I'd say the matrix.

lillfroboy
10-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Matrix

oneshot
10-01-2002, 07:20 PM
go with the matrix, they are so much sweeter than blackmagics, cockers are awesome in there own right but the rate of fire is lacking.

DryIce
10-01-2002, 08:05 PM
who ever voted for the black magic should be kicked

:)

matrix... pushbutton led... lcd... slide switch... doesnt matter!

than205
10-01-2002, 08:12 PM
This poll is missing two things in the options list.
PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND ANY AGD GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU LOST??????????????

TecnoRobo
10-01-2002, 08:46 PM
go with the matrix

Ov3rmind
10-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Matrix, I truthfully dont see the point in paying that much for an autococker, unless you just want to spend the money.
Well, people pay far more than that for Cockers. It's all preference between these two guns. My main suggestion would be shooting both. The Matrix is faster (BTW, the new 03 BMs come with WGP Hinges, so they are on the faster side for mechanical guns), but the Cocker is also smaller and can have NO electronic failures. Both have low kick and great balance. Both are quiet, both can be made chop resistant with some simple upgrading, and both are consistant. You can however, get a BM to be a little more efficient than a Matrix with the proper regulator setting and springs (or get a Tungsten Hammer and blow the Matrix's efficiency right out of the water).

You can see which choice I made, but ultimately it's up to you!

Ov3rmind
10-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Well DryIce, I guess you can kick me (along with the other 4 people who have voted for it so far). You obviously don't get that it's all preference, and that in fact, some people don't wan't to deal with of the downsides of a Matrix (and some don't wan't to deal with the downsides of a Cocker).

DryIce
10-01-2002, 09:58 PM
you obviously didnt get that it was a joke

SHOCKER1050
10-02-2002, 08:58 PM
my friend has a matrix...i dont know if it was just the gun but that thing is horrible...the trigger is stiff and hard to rip and it chops....maybe its just a sucky one but...id deffinately go with the cocker...even tho this is a stupid post cuz its all ur opinion and there 2 guns in 2 totally different classes......

AcemanPB
10-02-2002, 09:02 PM
Your friend most have had a lemon or something, all the Matrixes i've seen have ripped beyond belief, if you don't really mind the size then go for it they are sweet guns.

The ones i've seen though were horiably inefficent but I think they fixed that to some degree now....

rudy
10-03-2002, 12:13 AM
i think that you shouldnt even have to ask that question. it seems silly cause those 2 guns are not at all similar. what your friend needs to do is ask some questions like do i want an electronic gun or not, is weight important. efficiency, kick, anything else. then narrow down the markers and ask of the ones that are more likely to be compared.

i-luv-my-rt
10-03-2002, 07:09 AM
I have an LCD and a slide switch matrix. Both never chop and i can get around 10 pods out of my slide switch. I shot 9 and half a hopper at Atlantic City. So i dont think efficiency(man i cant spell) is anything to worry about when your getting 3/4 case out of it.

Like all of these posts, they are preference. I think i play better b/c i have the higher ROF and the electronic trigger. I could play with a cocker and do fine but i find it easier to play with my trix's. They are truly sweet guns.

If your looking at cockers i would save up and buy the new Freeflow's with the Lotus milling. There cheaper and sick looking. I dont see the benefit of buying a black magic.

Overall for the average player the matrix would be better b/c it is electronic and easier to play with, but if he has any experience with a cocker then he might want one. It's his decision not ours.

PBallCentral_Guy
10-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Well,

Im gonna say Matrix, I own a 2002 Red Black Magic Cocker and a Red LCD Matrix, and i have to say the cocker is beautiful, but the Matrix blows it out of the water on performance.

Shockerboy18
10-05-2002, 11:41 AM
go with the brass eagle avenger way better than a cocker or a matrix

DryIce
10-05-2002, 02:23 PM
uhhhhhhh? a joke i hope?

Dayspring
10-05-2002, 02:31 PM
Write In-

EMAG

Shockerboy18
10-05-2002, 05:32 PM
what do u got against the avenger its a pimp *** gun

V-Viper
10-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Shockerboy18
what do u got against the avenger its a pimp *** gun
The only way the avenger can be a pimp gun is if you buy it, then sell it and use the money to by a
http://www.crutches.net/hoe.jpg

Shockerboy18
10-05-2002, 11:16 PM
man you have no taste in guns the avenger is godly

bobbybobinson
10-06-2002, 10:08 AM
well shockerboy i hope you are idding, anyway i would go with the cocker. it is lighter and smaller than the trix not to mention hellofa lot easier to handle becasue of the size.
pga was trin to sell an 02 black magic w/uprising for 750 over at pbntion check it out.