PDA

View Full Version : custom products or freak set???

dtm
10-01-2002, 06:01 PM
Custom Products or Freak??

I know the cp set is more gas efficient, but the freak is amazing. Ive shot the cp barrel and the freak, i want to know your opinions.

Thanks

yeahthatsme
10-01-2002, 06:06 PM
freak.

how can a barrel be more gas efficient? the same amount of gas is released to shoot a ball with any barrel so one cant be more efficient than another.

shartley
10-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
freak.

how can a barrel be more gas efficient? the same amount of gas is released to shoot a ball with any barrel so one cant be more efficient than another.
Barrel efficiency has to do with porting. Yes, one barrel can be more efficient than another.

Xen
10-01-2002, 06:20 PM
like sam said, the more porting the more gas is wasted befor the ball exits the barrel, thus slowing it down. So to get it at the right FPS you have to increase your velocity.

Im quite pleased with my CP kit. I like the honed bore backs, a lot better than an insert due to quality. If you have the $ buy the CP kit.

Jack & Coke
10-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Both are great!

I bought a freak for my GZ (cocker threads).

I later found an "old style" back half (M98) for $40... now I can use my Freak on both guns... my GZ and my M98RT woot! woot! :)

I like the CP also, however the Freak is more economical.

Good luck!

J
10-01-2002, 08:15 PM
I like my CP set, I like the idea over the Freak too. Good barrel(s), no prob's with mine

Riotz
10-01-2002, 11:22 PM
I like the Powerlyte Sceptre barrel system rather then the freak. It has 6 inch inserts rather then 4. I don't know if they make them for the mag yet, but if anyone finds it, PLEASE let me know.

Here's a link to a mini-review http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128090

jeffremiller
10-02-2002, 11:14 AM
I called about mag backs a week ago... they don't make them. I'm not sure if they will in the future or not since the extreme is cocker thread.

If these fronts come in colors... I gotta have one of these things.

edit: I just called them and have to say... Powerlyte ROCKS!!! They do have colors and aluminum or stainless backs. I have to wait for purple polish front...but that's ok with me.

Anyone wanna buy a freak set :)

J_

dcmander
10-02-2002, 05:15 PM
MY CP set was awesome on my sonic bushy. Its a pretty penny though. if you got the money to spend then I say go for it... If not, go for a cheaper insert system **but im sick of seeing friends break paint on their inserts in their freaks**

dtm
10-02-2002, 07:42 PM
isnt just the 10in front with the 3 inserts (.685 .689 and .693) only like 150??

confedman75
10-02-2002, 08:10 PM
I like my 12" thunderpig one peice barrel.........wait doesnt that barrel suck?

p.s. i just sayed that cause my freind got one and he cant hit me from 30 feet away standing up.

Paintchucker
10-03-2002, 09:59 AM
I have been searching and searching for a good place to buy the CP Barrel Set. Anyone got a good place? I like them but would just assume not pay full retail for them!

Thanks!

Laxpunk2006
10-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Well my S/S freak back just got a dent in it that scratched up the outside of my freak front when I unscrewed it. The upside is Smart Parts has great customer service and offered to replace it. Besides that I like my freak set. I haven't gotten to use or even seen a CP set in person so I can't be much help with that one. I think you cant go wrong either way.