PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball on Pay Per View......

TooDamnSweet
10-01-2002, 06:33 PM
As stated on the WilliamShatner.com Bulletin Board Service, it's tentatively scheduled for December 8, 2002 and will be broadcast on pay per view outlets across the country.

The movie will still go on sale if your interested.

Since alot of you had your names printed on your jerseys and masks, it'll be fun to spot all of you on TV...:)

gibby
10-01-2002, 06:36 PM
Yep! I heard the same thing too. Should be fun watching the stuff I missed! :D

Load SM5
10-01-2002, 06:46 PM
Cool, thanks for the head's up Yvonnie.:D

AGD
10-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Wasn't supposed to get out until next week but well....YIPPPEEEE!!! I smell a HUGE online party coming on while we all watch it together at a specific time. Paintball can be soooo coooool!!

Superstar,

AGD

MagDog68
10-02-2002, 10:08 AM
The Heck with an online party - let's all goto AGD and watch it on a big screen TV!

~Fred

wes
10-02-2002, 04:45 PM
gomomgogm agd could put it on a tv and then put the tracker cam on the tv so i dont have to buy it omgmog

Riotz
10-02-2002, 09:22 PM
What's the cost?

Dayspring
10-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Need to get everybody together at a bar. Heh :D

MrMag
10-02-2002, 10:20 PM
YAY ONLINE PARTY!!!!!!!! hoot hoot, i think i might order hoot hoot

JJBrookshire
10-04-2002, 07:16 PM
World Premiere on INDemand Pay Per View 12/8/02!

This from "Shatner's People" today.

leopardhead
10-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
What's the cost?

It'll be $9.95 through the INDemand PPV system.

gibby
10-04-2002, 08:24 PM
WOW! That's not too bad. Sounds like I might have to order it and spend a nice, quiet evening reliving the memories! :D

PsychoMag
10-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Awesome...sounds like a paintball party at my house !!!

TooDamnSweet
10-04-2002, 10:53 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Most Famous Star Trek Captain Once Again Leads The Federation Into Battle Against The Klingons
And The Borg In The Largest Star Trek Scenario Paintball Competition Ever!

William Shatner Beams Up One More Time In:
“WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK!”

-- Witness Your Favorite Captain Come Back From The Dead
To Annihilate The Klingons and The Borg --

~ World Premiere On Pay-Per-View December 8 and DVD/VHS Release On December 10 ~

Beverly Hills, CA (October 4, 2002) – Sci-Fi icon William Shatner (Star Trek) recently hosted and participated in the largest Star Trek scenario paintball game ever, WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! This reality-based film takes viewers behind the gun sight of the people who play paintball, highlighting players devotion, comradery and desire to win. WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! is the final opportunity for fans to see Shatner bring the spirit of Captain James T. Kirk back to life in this unique program that pays homage to some of the most famous Star Trek episodes from the original series.

WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! (to be released on DVD and VHS on December 10) took place Saturday, August 31, 2002 at Challenge Park Xtreme in Joliet, Illinois. Over 1,500 people gathered to simultaneously play a reality-based Star Trek scenario paintball game, where participants received a “one-of-a-kind” opportunity to fight alongside Captain Shatner in a unique paintball competition that benefited William Shatner’s charity, the Hollywood Horse Show.

“William Shatner is the John Wayne of our generation and I think every fan of Star Trek will relish the opportunity to witness their favorite captain rally the troops once again,” says executive producer Scott Zakarin. “WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! is the ultimate fantasy camp experience for every Trekkie” adds Zakarin. This unique DVD/VHS transports viewers into the middle of a war and goes behind-the-scenes with the most iconic captain of the Star Trek franchise as he battles armies who represent his most dreaded enemies.

WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! will premiere on Pay-Per-View nationwide beginning December 8 and will be released on DVD/VHS December 10. WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! marks the “first ever” paintball scenario game to air on Pay-Per-View.

ABOUT THE STORY:
Organized by The Society of Paintball Players and Teams (SPPLAT) and documented by Creative Light Entertainment and Melis Productions, WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! is a reality-based Star Trek scenario paintball game that finds three well known teams; the Federation, the Klingons and the Borg battling it out on the field. Arriving in grandeur style, Shatner starts the competition by paramotoring in to Challenge Park Xtreme, where he then proceeds to lead the Federation like only he can; with dynamic strategy, rallying speeches and the willingness to take matters into his own hands when the chips are down. From the moment William Shatner literally flies into the event, he doesn’t stop--and neither do the cameras.

The concept of the story begins with “The Big Giant Head,” a member of an alien race. For his own amusement, “The Big Giant Head” brings together three teams (The Federation, the Klingons and The Borg) to compete in a paintball battle for advanced weaponry. In order to win the paintball competition, each team must complete a series of missions. Ultimately, the team with the most points wins, acquiring the armaments that belong to “The Big Giant Head.”

Surrounded by the elite Red Shirt Brigade, an “away team” that would sacrifice their lives for the Captain and the mission, Shatner steps in to make sure the advanced arms do not get into the wrong hands. Nationally syndicated “shock jock,” Mancow, directs the charge of the savage and untrustworthy Klingons, who only want to pillage the planet of its treasure and resources before destroying it.

World renowned paintball player, Tom Kaye, heads up the Borg team that is obsessed with assimilating the planet and every warrior that gets in their way.

As expected, the Federation starts off strong but several twists ensue and a deadly alliance threatens the safety of the paintball universe. “We knew that there would be subterfuge, enemy intelligence and confounding plans abounding, but nobody thought that the Klingons and the Borg would unite against the Federation, the scurrilous beasts!” proclaimed Shatner. Shatner fights side-by-side with his fellow Federation team members trudging into the heat of the battle, completing missions, doing everything he can to beat Mancow and Tom Kaye.

ABOUT THE PRODUCTION:
WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! is the brain-child of William Shatner, Creative Light Entertainment and JJ Brookshire, founder of the SPPLAT organization (www.SPPLAT.com). Ironically, the event came about as a result of Shatner’s love for horses. While at a horse show a few years ago, Shatner began talking to a fellow horseman who informed him that his son was into paintball. Soon after, Shatner was introduced to JJ Brookshire and the two began to toss around ideas for a possible charity benefit.

Following their meeting, Shatner and Brookshire reviewed several potential play sites and chose Challenge Park Xtreme located in Joliet, Illinois as this year’s location. Challenge Park Xtreme encompasses miniature cities including the town of Bedlam, Armageddon, Fort Courage and the Jungle of Doom to name a few. It was then decided that WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! would take place at this location and proceeds would be donated to Shatner’s charity, the Hollywood Charity Horse Show.

Dynamically shot with a dozen cameras, cranes and helicopters, WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! highlights the growing popularity of scenario-based extreme sports, specific to the enthusiasm for paintball in the United States.

ABOUT THE DVD:
WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! is presented in fullscreen and features Dolby Digital 5.1. The DVD, loaded with “extras” includes:
· Trailer
· Scene selection
· Featurette on “Bill’s basic training,” following Shatner as he prepares for battle
· Bios on Shatner, Tom Kaye, Mancow, JJ Brookshire, Creative Light Entertainment, Kathy Weiss, Pacman and Ike
· Featurette on the location, Challenge Park Xtreme
· In-depth look at the arsenal with a close-up of Shatner’s weapon
· Mancow’s “Hissy Fit”
· “Extreme Outtakes”
· Photo gallery
· Maps of the paintball course
· Featurette on “Tom’s Tips” spotlighting advice from world renown paintball player, Tom Kaye
· Three hidden Easter eggs

ABOUT THE CHARITY:
All of the proceeds from WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! and a portion of the proceeds from the DVD/Video sales will be donated to William Shatner’s Hollywood Horse Show charity, an organization that benefits Ahead With Horses, a non-profit therapeutic riding organization that assists approximately 200 severely disabled children each month in Los Angeles. Proceeds will also benefit LA’s BEST, which provides safe and supervised after-school education, enrichment and recreation programs for children ages five to twelve. “I was so impressed with all the colorful people that came to play, and with the generosity of the volunteers who helped put the game on; but, the best part about it was we raised a princely sum for the charity” said Shatner.

ABOUT THE FILMAKERS:
WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK!, executive produced by William Shatner, Scott Zakarin, Rich Tackenberg and Peter Jaysen will be available for online pre-orders at www.williamshatner.com starting November 15. Additionally, the DVD/VHS will be available for purchase in stores beginning December 10. For additional information on WILLIAM SHATNER’S SPPLAT ATTACK! please check out www.williamshatner.com or www.crlight.com. The DVD will cost $19.95 and VHS version will cost $14.98.

Creative Light Entertainment is a vertically integrated production and distribution company, which has successfully positioned itself as a creative force in the production of high quality genre films. Creative Light Entertainment’s most recent release was acquired by Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, Stan Lee’s Mutants, Monsters & Marvels, is a one-on-one documentary with filmmaker Kevin Smith. This project follows up Creative Light Entertainment’s recent successful release of Mind Meld: Secrets Behind the Voyage of a Lifetime starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy and Showtime’s critically acclaimed television documentary Hail Sid Caesar! The Golden Age of Comedy.

AGD
10-05-2002, 12:10 AM
Now this is going to be good!

AGD

Dayspring
10-05-2002, 12:15 AM
"World Renowned paintball player." Very nice Tom... I wonder if they show your bravery & technical prowess that allows you to stick body parts into your paintball markers. :D

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-05-2002, 07:44 AM
hey for those who dont have cable or satitilite (because parents are paranoid or soemthing) can someone record it on vhs ill pay them...

Prezents
10-05-2002, 08:55 AM
I am planning on recording it, we can get together and work out the details.

Riotz
10-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Why don't you just buy the DVD or VHS? It comes out two days after the PPV event...

Any word on the price of those?

manike
10-05-2002, 12:38 PM
I'll be wanting to order the DVD... can I get it in the uk? ;)

JJ I'll speak to you at the WC about ordering one :D

manike

FutureMagOwner
10-05-2002, 07:23 PM
woooo abvout this time im getting cable(finally) and will be able to watch it jsut in time!!!!

JJBrookshire
10-06-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm working with the distributor to make arrangements for the DVD/VHS to be sold through Pro-Shops and Paintball on-line retailers. Stay tuned.

Manike, See you at the Cup.

ogre55
10-07-2002, 08:46 AM
Manike:

You may have problems getting the DVD in the UK as US TVs use NTSC and UK TVs use the PAL standard. Also, if this is going to be a US only DVD it will probably be region 1. To get it to work you would need an american setup or a DVD player that converts NTSC to PAL and that plays DVDs from all regions.

Ogre

leopardhead
10-07-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ogre55
Manike:

You may have problems getting the DVD in the UK as US TVs use NTSC and UK TVs use the PAL standard. Also, if this is going to be a US only DVD it will probably be region 1.

Ogre

The DVD will be region-free, meaning works in all regions.
It will cost $19.95
and has tons of extras not seen in the PPV special.

ogre55
10-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by leopardhead

The DVD will be region-free, meaning works in all regions.
It will cost $19.95
and has tons of extras not seen in the PPV special.

Ok, but will you produce one in PAL format for all those people who are not in the US or Japan? PAL TVs use a different resolution than NTSC TVs and thus the two are not interchangable, without converters.

Now I live in the US of A, but it would be a shame if all our brother's in markers, across the pond, were deprived of their chance at the Shatnerball experience.

And before anyone asks, I have no way of converting an NTCS signal to a PAL signal for taping, but AO is a big place.

Ogre

loren
10-08-2002, 08:39 PM
This post goes out to two people:

Aleins 8 my dad: you should just buy the dvd or vhs, which ever one you have, espcially considering that the proceeds are charty.

Riotz the cost will be, DVD will cost $19.95 and VHS version will cost $14.98, as stated by toodamnsweet.

and i didn't go to the shanter ball so i plan on getting the dvd (don't have cable makes me sad), hope the movie catches all the action and kicks *** so when i can't play paintball i can at least watch it.

JJBrookshire
10-08-2002, 08:41 PM
If you can't get the pay per view and even if you do, you may want the DVD/VHS. The Pay Per View will not have everything the VHS has and the DVD will have even more.

SI|ENT|3O|3
10-10-2002, 10:54 PM
im looking forward to it...sorry but i got to do a sig test.
-sebastian

TNS2k2
10-14-2002, 03:59 PM
DANG!!!!, i only got Viewers Choice PPV, will it come there too? that is the Canadian one i guess. it is on Star Choice. i wanted to watch it :(

renegade2k
10-14-2002, 08:36 PM
now is this a senario game??

leopardhead
10-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Hey I just got a chance to watch the ruff cut of the Spplat Attack movie. It looks sharp. Really good quality images. I saw a lot of familiar names (sorry I don't know the faces). I don't think it'll get re-edited much so if I saw you you'll probably be in the release version.

Caught a glimpse or two of Transman.

PS Trans love your GL sig image

manike
10-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Cool!

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

At one point I shot a camera man as he came around a corner right in front of me...

I apologised and he said 'don't worry it makes great TV' :)

TooDamnSweet
10-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey Transman, your gonna be a star!!!

TNS2k2
10-19-2002, 01:37 AM
Well i am still upset cause i am not to sure that it will be coming to the Canadian dish, which is Viewers Choice. that is on Star Choice Satalite.

TooDamnSweet
10-20-2002, 02:21 PM
William Shatners description of the first Brutal confrontation (www.clandb.com/spplat/mission.mp3)

gibby
10-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by leopardhead
Hey I just got a chance to watch the ruff cut of the Spplat Attack movie. It looks sharp. Really good quality images. I saw a lot of familiar names (sorry I don't know the faces). I don't think it'll get re-edited much so if I saw you you'll probably be in the release version.

Caught a glimpse or two of Transman.

PS Trans love your GL sig image

Yeah, thanks to Leopardhead, I was able to check out some of the movie too. He was cool enough to invite me over to the studio since he saw that I was also from LA. It was definitely a good way of trying to get input. From what I saw, it looked pretty good and it captured a lot of the moments of the event.

I forgot to ask how long the movie would be though. But they captured almost everything from Shatner's little flight to up until the end. Definitely a lot of footage.

Again, thanks Leopardhead for letting me in to check out clips of the movie!!! Hehe...I was hoping I'd be in it too but all I saw was Transman...DOH!!

Rusty
10-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Seeing that CPX never paid out the prize money that was prommised to the tankers , do you think we'll get a free movie instead?
freak

ogre55
10-21-2002, 02:52 PM
Just when I thought my opinion of CPX and it's parent company, BE, could get no worse...

Ogre

HellsShooter
10-22-2002, 10:09 PM
Sounds good