PDA

View Full Version : What was your worst paintball experience, injury....

Automager
10-01-2002, 06:52 PM
i was playing and i went to slide into a laydown bunker and as i slid in my team mate went like under my legs while i was going down and my barrel ate dirt and our guns collided now i have angel paint on my new rat impulse!

also i went to slide into a sup air bunker at the same time somebody elese did on the other side but i slid to far went under and smacked into him...

show some pics of thoses welts!

yeahthatsme
10-01-2002, 07:10 PM
ummm. when i was the last person against like 5 10 year olds. and then i ran out of paint and lost.....

EsPo
10-01-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
ummm. when i was the last person against like 5 10 year olds. and then i ran out of paint and lost.....

i find myself in that situation vvvvvvery often. j\k. the worst is when you play supair and you arent lookin where your going, your lookin where the other players are going, and you run smak dab into that standup beercan, it falls over and you get pelted by every1, they know that your out they just keep shooting though.

zbody
10-01-2002, 07:30 PM
My brother slides into a bunker and a stone slices his leg open under his knee. Drive him to hospital and he gets 15 stitches.

DaosBeoulve
10-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Walking off of a friend of mine's home built field, I found a piece of wood with a nail in it with my right foot...

Needless to say, he had to drive me home...

I've also knee slid into the middle bunker only to find out it was all rock and no dirt. I dug little pebbles out of me knee for over an hour that night....

FalconGuy016
10-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Cant really say I had experiances like that,

but I got shot in the testicles, literally a milisecond after my cup shifted away from a strange position I was in........... and it didnt break

Trunnion
10-01-2002, 08:38 PM
ran full speed into a tree when goggles fogged up. i was told the way was clear by a teammate, and he told me to 'just run'. it wasn't clear. and it hurt

1stdeadeye
10-01-2002, 08:45 PM
At AO day, in the three man tourney, I charged the snake to help PGOP who was getting bunkered. I jump (okay waddle) over the top to take out the afore mentioned bunkerer and get hit square in the jewels. It also did not break, but I laid down and asked for a very long paintcheck.

I bought a cup the next day!

TecnoRobo
10-01-2002, 08:50 PM
I havent gotten any ball shots but
i got lit up on the top of the head once...

5 or 6 times in the same spot... 3 broke and the other three didnt...

man it hurt

Fred
10-01-2002, 09:00 PM
At the '99 Michigan Monster Game I got heat exhaustion and major dehydration... all because of 24 hour stomach flu.

ended up in the hospital, after throwing up all over the staging area... and almost collapsing.

not a good day.

---Fred

Dayspring
10-01-2002, 10:10 PM
My buddy manages a VERY lucky shot and nails my trigger finger. Split it from nail to knuckle (was at JUST 10 feet)

xmetal2001
10-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Worst thing that ever happens to me is sliding into a bunker with rocks all over the ground. But that happens alot, and my pants show it.

zyprex2000
10-02-2002, 12:03 AM
body went one way, knee went other. torn my ACL. had ACL repair and unable to run fast again. how's that for paintball injury! :(

Miscue
10-02-2002, 01:45 AM
That be a femur. :)

LawFox32
10-02-2002, 09:30 AM
damn Miscue how did that happen, OMG that is one helluva break

Dayspring
10-02-2002, 10:06 AM
I remember when that happened. When was that again? Many many moons if I am right. :(

Originally posted by Miscue
That be a femur. :)

SirOssis
10-02-2002, 10:08 AM
Don't think anything can top Miscue's but heres a few of mine/teammates

Teammate slid on his knees into a bunker only to have his knee find a huge boulder that was just barely sticking out of the ground(shattered knee cap)

I was running at full sprint to go bunker a guy, trip, and slammed into like a 200 year old oak tree... the tree won. dislocated collar bone. Was a month before I could hold a gun again and what do I do the very first tourney back? I ran into another tree...

earlier this year slid into a bunker on knees and my knee found a sappling that had been cut a couple inches about the ground. It shattered the knee pad and sliced my knee, 5 stitches

ball shots... a few.. worst one was when I was off field behind the netting. ball hit at the base of the netting and bounced straight up into the left one.

spazzed
10-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Sweet sweet ACL love!! BAD PAIN!! GOOD DRUGS!!.... My most paintful moment was getting shot in the friggin' ear. I still don't know how it happened, but it didn't feel good!!

hitech
10-02-2002, 01:17 PM
I guess I'm just luckier than most. ;) I have been shot in the balls (once in over 15 years of playing). However the worst was in a tournament I was running at full speed trying to catch up to the flag carrier (opposing team) just as I bring my marker up to fire I trip over a downed tree branch (this was back when tournaments were in the woods). After three summersaults I slid to a stop, with much dirt in my pants. I start firing like crazy, and nothing happens. I notice that my hopper had fallen off in the fall. I think about just dumping some paint in the feed neck, but it's too late. They have already hung the flag. On my way off the field I noticed that I had a very large dirt plug in my barrel. I walked up to my team and apologized to my team for loosing the game only to find out we hung the flag first! We were almost back to our flag station with the flag and in a battle with the opposition when I started my LONG run.

projekt23
10-02-2002, 01:31 PM
One of my first times playing a megagame in Sedona Arizona.
100 + ppl per team... I was laying down on my back to creep between a couple of rocks for a clear shot at the other team. Out of the corner of my eye I saw some movement and and a second later a ball made perfect contact with my left nut.. OUCH!!! 2 players had to carry me off the field and I sat out for about 5 hours as lefty grew 4 times orignal size.. What did I learn from this experiance.. ALWAYS WEAR A CUP!!

kevdupuis
10-02-2002, 05:09 PM
Dislocated a bone in my left foot while running the flag into do a hang. I caught it between two rocks ten feet from the flag station. You could hear me swear across the field as I went down, but I still made the hang.

EsPo
10-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by projekt23
as lefty grew 4 times orignal size..

well at least it grew;)

yeahthatsme
10-02-2002, 06:02 PM
i got another one:D.

my very. very!! first game of paintball i got heat sickness and threw up all over the place. i went home. then i came back. played somemore and now i'm hooked!!!!!!!

FalconGuy016
10-02-2002, 06:11 PM
I got shot in the ear once when a teammate shot me in the back of the head... it hurt a LOT and it was so loud, but I didnt even know (nor did anyone else) the paintball broke until after the game.

booyah
10-02-2002, 06:28 PM
Two good ones...

first
Micigan monster game 2000, back by archie bunker took a 3 shot burst from a guy about 10 feet away in a ghili suit right on the right one.... no breaks. had two refs help me back the 1.5 miles!!!!!

second
at my local feild, was running low on paint and a guy ran into a bunker where he could completely get the angle on me, as soon as he got to the bunker i took off running the 20 feet between us, i get to his bunker lift my gun above it and get the words "TAKE THE H-" out before he pops up and fires 3 inchs away... hits one inch left of my left nipple, good thing it was one inch left or i would have lost the left nipple, still have a scar from that one.

what made that one hurt that much more, was afterwords he said "yeah some kid from the dead box said 'HERE HE COMES'"

grrrrr.......newbes...

-Booyah

Sir Chopsalot
10-02-2002, 07:21 PM
ok this didnt happen to me, but it happend the day i was at the field

My friend and i show up at the field and just as we were getting on the road to get there this ambulance goes by. We dont think anything of it. The refs say we are going to play on a new field today and he shows all the junk around it and then there is this hill with alot of tall grass and he makes everyone listen and says "Ok now look closely (pulls grass out of the way to show a inch thick stick sticking out of the ground about 2 feet) dont dive here, someone already did today and landed on their balls. We had to call an ambulance"

ehhhh i thought it was a good story anyway

Evil Bob
10-02-2002, 08:40 PM
1982... my third game...

Was sneaking up a creekbed with a friend of mine, we were working our way up toward the road in deep shadows and underbrush. The flag is but 10 feet from us on the edge of the road with a lone defender. My friend motions that he's going for the flag, I motion that I will follow. We painstakingly make our way up the slope through the underbrush. We're close, only a 2 feet from the flag. He snaps a twig, the defender moves around trying to see into our cover. We inch steadily closer trying to remain silent. Then I hear a *POP* and my friend recoils and yells out "OOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!" He slides down the slope on his back in pain. I turn and look for the defender and come face to face with the business end of a Nelspot 007 pistol, which a second later fires all of 6 inches from my face. The world spins and I too slide down the slope in agony... turns out we were both shot in the face at extremely close range, and the flag defender had just changed his 12g CO2 capsule 5 minutes earlier...

You see, in 1982, long before water based paint was introduced to paintball, we used oil based paint, it was heavy as hell and imparted alot of energy to the target when it hit, much more so then today's paintballs. Additionally, there was no face protection back then either other then cheap $2 shop goggles that offered very poor eye protection. I luckily took that heavy paintball on the right cheek bone from 6 inches away instead of in the goggles which I know full well would have failed at that range. I ended up with a bruised cheekbone, a slight concussion, and bizarre orange zits for a month from the hit location.

-Evil Bob

Troy
10-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Worst injury to a team mate:

Chis "Beef Stick" on the SOBs once got bagged in the berries. One of his testicles swelled up to the diameter of a guppie. He has to sit in an examining room while doctors try to determine if the testicle has to be removed. As he waits to find out if he is going to lose a nut every nurse and doctor in the hospital check him out.

ben_JD
10-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Automager
What was your worst paintball experience, injury....Pride, my friend. Wounded, bloody pride.

Spaceman613
10-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Everything has healed... including the bruised ego. ripped knees, blood, sunburns that blister, and more back problems than some football teams. But the thing that hurts the worst is the pride.

And even that will heal with time.

Papa Smurf
10-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Went to bunker a guy as he came to bunker me.. He shot me but had almost no presure left so they bounced and then my left tape guy goggled him. As I ran forward to clear the field I stepped in a slight depresion in the ground, locked out my knee and porceeded to snap it backwards - did a sort-of kartwheel and layed right there. Come to find out I had split the tibia(front shin bone) and ripped some of the bone off of the fibia(outside shin) of my right leg. Didn't cry but came damn close. The things I remember the most are when I saw my Dye Pants bend backwards followed by an audible snap - then the short shallow breathing as I layed there in the dirt telling my teammates "barrel plugs and safetys" so I could take my goggs off. No fun... in fact I'll pass the next time. It's been 2 months now and I participated in a practice session last Sunday - my leg was shaking so bad from the lack of use and the adernaline I could've ripped off 20bps with my heel! Anyway, I get back into a tourney this Sunday.. I'll be playing back(Usually Mid) so wish me luck.

Back off the bench
Jack

Chip
10-02-2002, 11:01 PM
Been playing for about 15yrs now but I think this was the funniest thing I ever saw...

First off I know he is watching and this is what really happened. :)
We were playing assault the fort ( A pile of food crates from our Asian friends resteraunt....more stories there). Anyhow my buddy makes a break for it and decides to try and cover some ground fast. He runs straight down the path and over a small log, almost over. :) As he starts to hurdle the log his front foot catches the log and starts to rotate him over, not wanting to damage his new top of the line 68-Special he holds it to one side as his face accelerates towards and into the ground. Both arms go straight out and for what seemed a full 10 seconds he does a FACE stand and for some reason his feet never stoped running!. At the end of the stand he falls to the ground and rolls behind a tree where he brings his 68-special up and begins ripping away! We were all laughing way to hard to return fire!

battlegroup
10-07-2002, 08:59 AM
I had just moved to pensacola in '97 and I went to the local field and asked if there were any teams looking for players. It just so happened that the owners team had a guy out with the flu and were leaving in an hour for a tournament in Louisianna the next day. I went home and put a bag together and went without knowing anyone on the team. In the second game we were running out of time and our team had the flag but the carrier was just shot out and it was 2 on 2. I jumped up and went to slide into the bunker where the flag was but stepped into a hole and suffered a 3rd degree ankle sprain. Not wanting to sit there and let it swell and be bunkered I got up before the pain set in and ran the sideline. Both of the other teams players concentrated on me and my other teamate bunkered them both before I collapsed.

At the same field (southern Wildfire) in a different tournament the Owner slid into a bunker and hit a stump with his knee. He ripped the skin, not just the top of the skin but all the way down to muscle, from the top of his knee half way down his leg. It required over 200 stitches. this happened on the break and he was even able to give us our code for "My gun is down" we won that game too.

At a third tournament the owner again tried to run the side line of a speedball field that had a few trees (Manhunt Paintball in Navarre Florida)and ended up taking a solid branch in the chest and knocked the wind out of himself so bad he passed out. We won that game and after a few motrin we won the finals with him scoring the final elimination.

2000Sabre
10-07-2002, 12:26 PM
I was playing a new field for the first time having come from a rec only woods field. In my third game of speedball on the hyperball field, I went to dive into a bunker. I came down on my shoulder and instantly new something was wrong. Managed to pull myself out of the dirt, get the ref's attention and walk off the field with my arm tuck closed to my body. Drove myself to the hosiptal and what I though was a dislocated shoulder ended up being a broken collar bone. Funny thing, while I'm sitting in the hospital waiting to be looked at, in comes an ambulance with a guy on a strecther. The guy with him sits down next to me and I instantly reconize him from the batchelor party that had just shown up at the field 20 minutes before my misshap. Turns out he steped in a hole on one of the woods fields and broke his ankle.

Devil
10-07-2002, 01:25 PM
My worst experiences have been neck shots...

But...

the first time I ever played pb was about 5 years ago with a church group (all newbies) no one knew any rules...this one stupid kid ran up to my bestfriend...a girl...and held his gun to her leg and said "I got you..." and pulled the trigger...

Her leg had a huge dis-colored circle on it with about a 4-inch radius...

**OUCH**

I would've kicked him in the jewels...

Mild 7
10-08-2002, 02:16 AM
My worst experience with paintball out of 5 years of playing was probabily last Saturday. We were challenged by another group of 30+ and we turned up short by 10+. We lost two games which came fairly close and turned up winning on the 3rd round. We had 17 players that game and they had 33. Bascially, I caught 6 guys off guard and fired a few rounds around 30 feet or so. Not only they didn't call themselves out, they all shot back. Make the long story short, they missed and I lit all 6 of'em up. 5 minutes later, all 33 players was elimnated and we only had 2 in the deadzone.

Then they wanted to challenge me to a fist fight. Their claim was that I overshoot and someone shot her sister once too many times, which comes to a total of 3. She never called herself out either. Of course, this was all rec-play and no one is taking home any prizes. These guys refuse to drop it and ended up getting send home. Out of all my years of playing, I've never met ANYONE wanted to really fight because of what happened during a game.

Sore losing? I think so. After all, we just weren't suppose to win 'cause we were outnumbered by 10+ players.

Kitsune
10-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Well I guess for how long I have been playing I get to call this my worst experience. My first time playing I played for about 6 hours during Hurricane Isadore and it was wet and muddy. Well I happen to run towards the snake thinking I would get some good protection... I would have had I not had my leg sink 3 feet in mud. There I am, swinging back and forth shooting like a chicken with it's head cut off... in the rain... and all of the sudden my vision blurs to a nice, bright orange. Wonderful eh? Not a painful experience.

Then I played for about 5 hours one day and managed to get shot over 50 times with paintballs from every direction, including being bunkered from less than 15 feet away, and EVERY SINGLE ball bounced off leaving me in pain and calling myself out (when you're hit 5 times in the back from that close a range you think they break) many times. Once I was hit in the mask and out of the whole game that was the sum of my "deaths".

Now I am considered by my friends as an idiot for getting my leg stuck in the mud, and a very lucky guy for not getting hits that broke. You decide... :cool:

Brian68mag
10-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Playing at action pursuit in greeley colorado on the sup air field, on one of my runs to the 50 down the right side i tripped and got shot about 40 times by members of the fields team.
That sucked and was imbarrasing as alot of people were watching.
My first encounter of an experianced automagger when i was using a tippy wasnt pleasant eathier.
I got railed.

ronron2112
10-18-2002, 10:47 PM
well, i have many, but heres one...

i was running full speed when my foot caught a lifted root, and i turned into a missle... my mag went like 20ft ahead of me, my hopper lid opened so i lost all my paint.. and i had the n00b (with the famous stingray) camping behind a bunker laughing at me... it was so embarrising!

10-20-2002, 08:37 AM
i have 2 scars on my back from a flying 114ci 3k nitro tank.

shartley
10-20-2002, 08:59 AM
I have never received an injury worse than major welts and a pulled muscle. :D

Grey_Goose
10-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Slipped in a muddy patch, pitched forward & bounced my head off of a bunker hard enough to knock my gogs off. Sliced my knee open & chunked my new $1300 RaceGun 5 feet through the air into a tree, cracking the body tube.

Not a good day :(

Koosh
10-20-2002, 04:11 PM
My worst experience was taking my new SFL emag to our feild, only to watch it chop one out of every 20 paintballs! NOOOOO!!!! The level 10 wasn't tuned right, and I had accidentally left the spare parts at my house...

DOH!

I haven't had very many painful paintball experiences... The week after I got the SFL up and running, I was bunkered and then shot 4 times by my friend who uses a Phantom, they were all into the same knuckle, OW!... that was a little embarrasing... In the 2 years we have been playing, this kid has MAYBE 4 kills total using that gun... He is still a good pballer though...

halB
10-20-2002, 04:50 PM
was playing outlaw with about 20 guys or so, it was great we had some guys who were on leave from the military, and we also got the owner of my local store there. well, i was by the canal bank picking off people whenever theyd show their ugly faces, when this punk on a ridge bout 40 feet in front of me shoots me. i was focusing on the bottom of the ridge, so my head was turned away from him, and he hit me right in the temple of my head, and he was shooting hot. the damn raven nuvis mask has a little hole right where your temple is :(. i was on the ground and it was all i could do to keep my gun in the air while i was on the ground rithing and crying out for the bliss of sweet sweet death. when i go bald im gonna have a nice scar there.

AssassN
10-20-2002, 05:40 PM
At the D-Day night game no one could see ANYTHING. So my team and i where behind a hill and the guy behind me with his bushy is happily shooting away. HE puts his gun down then about 30 seconds later raises it again. I felt the barrel glide up my neck and then he shot about 9 shots point blank at my neck and head. His barrel went all up and down my head. Just as he did this a flare went off and everyone saw it as i was falling backwards. about 2 seconds later i regained consiousness shook it off and kept playing. A couple other guys and me went up one hill closer. All the people in the bunker behind us started shooting and once again lit me up.

That one game i didn't get hit by the enemy, only by my own team. I would say i got hit at least 15 - 20 times.

Also a ref accidently started a fire with fireworks.

Kitsune
10-20-2002, 06:16 PM
wow... that's pretty sad AssassN...

AkaEnder
10-20-2002, 06:56 PM
The worst for me is from a tourney 9-10months ago in KC, in which I made a diving bunker move intending to shoot the guy from 3ft or so. Instead, I landed on him. :( I shot him atleast 10-15 times point blank in the stomach, and he shot me 10-15 times point blank in the top of my head.
The JT sock hat saved me that day. I had a concusion and blurred vision in the left eye for 3-4 days. The welts are still there in the form of calcium lumps which the doctor told me will 'probably go away in less than 2 years'. Whee ;) It really really hurt - I had a migraine headache for weeks and that area of my head is still sensitive.

Worst thing Ive ever seen happen? At a tournment in '98, I saw a guy go into a slide, as his rear cleat of his shoes dug itself into root/rocks and stuck. Snapped his shin in half! Bone went right through his pants. Its the reason why I absolutely refuse to wear cleats. Im still scared.

-e

AssassN
10-20-2002, 06:58 PM
:eek: :confused: i wear cleats!:eek:

paintslinger
10-20-2002, 11:39 PM
oooh...well once i was late for the game starting and i was running down the hill of the staging area to get to the chrono point and i stepped on a rock goin down hill...slipped. i flipped once and then slid on my butt all the way down. sprained my ankle doing that but still managed to hoble around the rest of the day and rape people wasting paint playing back since i couldnt really run and slide.:cool:

Warped Designs
10-21-2002, 09:44 AM
I had a paintball bounce of a bunker next to me, hit my finger tip pulling my finger nail back.
That hurt worse then the daddy button shots I have taken.
Followed by the 3 lumps I had on the top of my head for about 2 weeks form paintballs grazing my head (I thought I was ducking down low enough).

and stuff

synreal
10-21-2002, 09:49 AM
<!--
Originally posted by Warped Designs
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=492161

-->crimeny, thats a big image, out of curtesy to our brethren on 56k connections, we usually ask that sig pics be kept to a 15k total.

just a heads up ;)

Daroach
10-21-2002, 09:07 PM
Ok, this is my terrible story, and Goose knows it better then i do cause he did it to me. About 7 of us where holding this fort, the other team just had to rush and touch this fort for them to win, so our objective was to shoot everyone running at it. Well the rules where that our FEET had to be IN this fort. If you saw this fort there is one side of it that is on the wooded side and the only way to shoot from that side is to lay down with your feet inside the fort and from the knees up you are outside this fort, cause the hole is only about 1.5 feet high. So "I" took it on myself to hold that side of the fort. Well when the game started we all got into our positions. Goose at the time had an Emag (i think) and he couldn't get the gun shotting so he was playing with it, well when the gun went off (accedently) and from about 1.5 feet away, it hit my big toe. AND OHHHH MY FREAAAAKIN GAWD......I yelled at the guys in the fort to whom hit me, and Goose said "uhhhh....i dunno" (my feet where flopping around like a fish outta water it hurt so bad). Well I had a interesting walk for the next 2 days after that, and Goose didn't tell me it was him who accedently shot me till about 2 months later.

Grey_Goose
10-21-2002, 09:09 PM
You forgot to mention you scream like a 6 year old girl watching her Barbie burn on a BBQ pit.

Why dont'cha tell them about the time you shot me in the back of the head from 2 ft away?

Daroach
10-21-2002, 09:17 PM
WOULD have been a good payback if you weren't wearing a mask :p ... and it wasn't back of head, it was on the temple