PDA

View Full Version : level 10 problem

FeelTheRT
10-01-2002, 08:00 PM
k, i was messing around with my level 10 mag this Sunday. At first it was shooting fine. I could stick my finger in and shoot and it would feel great, then it would just get stuck half way. Eevn after i take my finger out, the bolt would still only travel half way. I am already using the shortest spring. Should i oil my carrier and add another shim in there?

Havoc_online
10-02-2002, 03:18 AM
Don't oil the carrier. Add a shim. If you want it to be softer on paint, use the cut spring(cut side on bolt).

cphilip
10-02-2002, 08:00 AM
You also may need to drop down a carrier size. It may have broken in and not be getting the best seal. Often after break in a size down is required or it will miss a cycle every once in a few shots. Just try a size down carrier with that same o-ring.

Havoc_online
10-02-2002, 11:47 AM
Don't go down a size unless it's leaking down the barrel. If you make the fit too tight, you may get even more bolt stick.

cphilip
10-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Awww Havoc he can always go back. Not gonna hurt to try! :)

Might not be bolt stick. Might be leaking enough around the piston during the first part of the shot to not drive the bolt forward hard enough and stopping half stroke.

But your right if it is not then thats not gonna fix it.

however some of his clues are the time it was working right and later did not. "Quote: At first it was shooting fine" Thats symptomatic of break in. Thats were I was thinking. If thats the case then he does need to tighten it up with a smaller carrier. But nothing we telling you is gonna hurt anything.

FeelTheRT
10-03-2002, 01:30 PM
its not leaking down the barrel or anything. The bolt just travels half way and returns.

BlackVCG
10-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Try shooting it without the barrel and see if it has the same problem.

If it shoots fine, then you need to use a different barrel. Some are bored off center and with the larger tip size of the LX bolt, it doesn't work with those kind of barrels.

If the problem persists, try just tightening the field strip screw by hand if you have been tightening it with an allen wrench. If you've just been tightening it by hand, then try tightening it with an allen wrench.

FeelTheRT
10-04-2002, 01:01 PM
barrel didn't do it.

how do i know which is the next lowest carrier size?

BlackVCG
10-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Rings around the carrier indicate one full size. Three dots indicate a half size. The smallest starts with no rings or carriers, then three dots to indicate a .5 size, then one ring to indicate a 1.0 size, etc.