PDA

View Full Version : Hat Logo Round 2!!!!

AGD
10-02-2002, 02:04 AM
AO,

You have swamped us with ideas for a hat logo and it left me in the lurch trying to figure out what to do. I was thinking simple logo in the front and you all started coming up with stuff all over the back, the brim, EVERYWHERE!

Well I thought "what the heck they can't make that!" but a funny thing happened. I was talking with an old friend that used to work at one of the paintball stores here in chicago and now moved to florida. When I asked him what he was doing lately he replied that he was making custom hats from scratch!

They stich on the logos then assemble the hat so you can have whatever you want, very cool! So here is the deal, we can make a custom hat with the design going from hat to brim etc. It will be expensive but very distinctive. It should not have a crazy amount of stiching or too much detail.

With these ideas in mind lets go another round and see what you can come up with. If we use someones design as is I'll give them something for it in the way of product. Fire 'em up!!

AGD

Here is one that represents what we are talking about here.

Remington
10-02-2002, 05:22 AM
That one would be good but it looks like it's for a hocky team. I don't have photoshop so I have no idea on how to go about this, sad, I really would like a "prize in the way of a product". Oh well, good luck everyone!

JEDI
10-02-2002, 08:49 AM
I'm actually a fan of the simple hat. I dont like the "nascar" look with as much design you can possably fit on a hat. A logo and a brand name works for me.

Will Wood
10-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Simplicity is the best. The AO hex thing with a AGD in the middle would be ideal. I'll try to wip something up when I get home.

Schnitzel
10-02-2002, 10:24 AM
AGD has never been one involved in flashy looks. most 'mags are simple, and deadly in function. i think Tom should stick to the trend, everything about AGD spells professionalism.

petefol
10-02-2002, 10:27 AM
yeah i think a complex, but still simple design would be best, like something with the hex logo, agd, and the agd logo on it maybe.
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/blue hats.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/black hats.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/beigehat 1.jpg
ill make some more in beige or any other color if people suggest it.

ntn4502
10-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Please Tom, don't put so much on the hat, you have to make it simple, like I don't know, maybe an oval:)

jwa158
10-02-2002, 10:32 AM
it would be AWESOME if you made some visors! in yellow! imo...visors look better.

btw, i think that hat looks pretty cool.

Patron God of Pirates
10-02-2002, 12:42 PM
I came in here looking to submit a hat design, but I see Tom has submitted mine for me. Sweet.

Duke Henry
10-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Call me crazy, but I would personally prefer having a black base, with the AGD colours comprising some new logo.

I like the standard AGD logos, but I get the feeling Tom wants AO to come up with something distinct - something that will show off that you are an AO member, and not just an AGD supporter.

56kSomeGuy
10-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Too much flashy would be bad but too simple would be bad it needs to be some where in between.

splat15k
10-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Too much flashy would be bad but too simple would be bad it needs to be some where in between.

I agree 100%

LittMag
10-02-2002, 02:20 PM
here's one of my old ones

petefol
10-02-2002, 03:04 PM
heres 2 new logos
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/blackhat-new logo.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/blackhat new logo 2.jpg
for the 2nd it says agd and its mirrored on the bottom 3 hexagons so its agd upside down

Kevmaster
10-02-2002, 04:51 PM
i like many of the combos petefol has offered

moneyinmag
10-02-2002, 05:13 PM
here is one of my hats it says do i look like im built to run the flag back?

moneyinmag
10-02-2002, 05:14 PM
oh sorry pic didnt show up in the last 1 here it is

moneyinmag
10-02-2002, 05:24 PM
here is one of my hats it says do i look like im built to run the flag back?

petefol
10-02-2002, 05:48 PM
heres some beige ones, i think these look the best color wise.
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/beigehats.jpg

than205
10-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by petefol
heres 2 new logos
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/blackhat-new logo.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/blackhat new logo 2.jpg
for the 2nd it says agd and its mirrored on the bottom 3 hexagons so its agd upside down

Put L10 in the lower hexes and you got the one I want......

petefol
10-02-2002, 07:35 PM
alright ill see what i can do, i was going to make the hex's look 2D tho since a 3D design would be hard to make for a hat.
how about these, i made the text easier to read but i wasnt sure where to put the 10, so ill mess around with it a bit to see if i can do something better.
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/lvl10hatb.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/lvl10hatby.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/lvl10haty.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/lvl10hatyb.jpg

ben_JD
10-02-2002, 08:15 PM
I really don't think that most of these designs (on this thread) make very good use of most of the surface area of the hat. If the hat in AGD's post at the top of this thread were in black with mostly yellow/white embroidery, I will buy it. It looks slick.

[Edit:] The hat below, by Petefol is pretty nice. If given the opportunity, I'd buy/wear it. Perhaps it would be better if we could put the double-lion patch on back?

petefol
10-02-2002, 08:41 PM
well most hats arent completely covered in logos and designs, and personally, i dont like hats that are flashy or have lots of stuff on them but anyway... how about this
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/complex hat.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/petefol/complex hat back.jpg
i just put a streak on it and have it wrap around the back to where you could but some text. leave me some feedback about what you think.

Ityl
10-03-2002, 12:35 AM
I actually like the old ones. I got one at skyball couple years ago during the first AO meet. If it wasn't signed I'd wear it hehe.

omni
10-03-2002, 02:02 AM
Like my Art Teacher used to say, KISS ( Keep it simple stupid) So I vote for keeping them nice and simple, so I'll just sumbit my old designs :D

May place a few others in this post with time.

http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/hats.gif

Here is a Blown up view of the top Right that I made into a shirt, its a bit more complex than my other ones.

http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/emagshirt.gif

shartley
10-03-2002, 03:36 AM
I have to agree with keeping it simple. I looked at all my ball caps and that was what the common trait was.

AGD
10-03-2002, 03:37 AM
Ok, once again it's a good thing I asked. We will tone it down to something simple and refined. Keep them coming.

Thanks!!

AGD

LittMag
10-03-2002, 06:44 AM
Paint Splatter

LittMag
10-03-2002, 06:45 AM
Real Simple

LittMag
10-03-2002, 06:47 AM
the AO logo, www.airgun.com can be replaced with www.automags.org

Duke Henry
10-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Can someone do one with

AUTOMAGS.ORG on it? Maybe in combination with AIRGUN.COM and maybe not.

Having one that says AirGun Designs is "common" whereas one just for AO members would truly be "limited edition"...

RiceRocket
10-03-2002, 10:52 AM
More on the simpler side, a patch logo, and embroidery on back

JEDI
10-03-2002, 11:20 AM
Yo, RiceRocket's design is perfect. Simple and gets the job done. It looks classy too

Strider
10-03-2002, 12:21 PM
Heres my first whack at it... Only a back so far.

shartley
10-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
Yo, RiceRocket's design is perfect. Simple and gets the job done. It looks classy too
I agree that it is clean and on the way to classy, but it is not perfect. Remember Tom had originally stated that they wanted to make more hats (and use a different design) because people were not recognizing the AGD Logo. It was not easily identifiable at a glance… this design is actually worse using that criteria. Sorry, but it looks like an orange circle at a glance… heck at even more than a glance. It is just a tad bit too stylized IMHO to work well for Tom’s intended purpose.

Good try, and nice job keeping it simple…. I just don’t think it meets the needs at hand.

The Juice
10-03-2002, 03:46 PM
trying to keep it simple

The Juice
10-03-2002, 03:47 PM
back

dansim
10-03-2002, 04:17 PM
hmm lil mag i thought i did the ao hat way b4 you

dansim
10-03-2002, 04:18 PM
yeah i said with or without lines remember now:rolleyes: i still like the toms tech tips hat;)

Shirow
10-03-2002, 04:18 PM
i like ricerockets design too. maybe you could modify the front to have teh same hexagon design and 'agd' over it to please shartley? ;)

i like the back of it a lot too.. i'd buy that hat.

Major Ho
10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
I dunno, i still kinda like Toms black and blue design on the first page. But can it please be non adjustable ie. flex fit? I'd be the happiest lil camper...

Snooky
10-04-2002, 02:57 AM
petefol awesome designs. I like this one the best:

ah137
10-04-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by omni http://models.firearmsmod.com/omni/hats.gif

I really like this top left one. When I saw It, I said to myself. "Now that’s a hat I would wear!!"

Also, AGD should really find a nice hat to put it on; so many times companies put their logos on crappy hats! Have them on a nice flex fit hat or fitted hats!! It's defiantly worth the extra cash!

Later Hills

TecnoRobo
10-04-2002, 06:58 PM
i like omnis one on the bottom left..

id buy it in a heartbeat

madgoat33
10-04-2002, 08:05 PM
if you want opinions i don't feel like working with any other prgram now so: you should make a capital A then a capital G 2ce as big then a capital D the same size as the A.

than205
10-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Tom or whomever,
I have for the past year been looking for "the" paintball hat for me. I agree with the kiss idea.
Another consideration is a fitted hat. So I/we can turn the hat around and play with it on. Plastic snaps stick to your head and the steel clasps gouge your head.
I would pay a pretty good sum for a fitted, dark colored AGD hat. (dark grey, OD or black)
Just my thoughts.

petefol
10-05-2002, 06:40 PM
i think in the first hat thread tom said they will be fitted or stretch hats.

Major Ho
10-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Stretch/fitted hats sweet... I like the black "graffiti" lookin hat, top left corner of omni's post, too.

aaron_mag
10-06-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Shirow
i like ricerockets design too. maybe you could modify the front to have teh same hexagon design and 'agd' over it to please shartley? ;)

i like the back of it a lot too.. i'd buy that hat.

I took a break from work for a bit to scan through the hats knowing full well I'd NEVER want to buy one. Then I saw ricerockets design. It is good. Maybe the AGD could be in different colors to make it stand out. I'm not a hat person and I'd think about buying it.

Personally I don't like the Lions logo (too medieval) and I don't like the "Quality Always Shoots Straight" quote because it is too blatant. Ricerockets design is simple, elegant, and subtle.

ntn4502
10-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Ricerocket's is perfect, just make the front into an oval, and a little easier to read, and I'll be wearing it

Badabing
10-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Here's a few of my impression of a nice hat, although I like ricerockets. I did em in a few different colors to give some different perspectives. Hope you like em!

vaypourus
10-08-2002, 11:15 PM
I definitly like Omni's top left and Ricerockets even better.

scribe
10-09-2002, 12:07 AM
i agree with ricerocket's being the best. but in back he should put the airgun site. another thing is...wouldn't it be a bit cooler to be able to wear it and have people know it's for paintball? maybe like...hrm.... "agd paintball" somewhere...

ok maybe not. haha.

xtreme paintball
10-09-2002, 12:17 AM
I'm all for Omni's top-left graffiti style hat. It's simple, yet stylish. A hat I would definately be proud to wear!

shartley
10-09-2002, 06:10 AM
Just a thought…. If folks want people to know it is paintball, why not incorporate a paintball player’s silhouette into it? Keep it simple, and build around AGD. I have seen hunting and fishing hats like this and some look very nice.

RiceRocket
10-09-2002, 10:29 AM
After talking to Tom, he mentioned that he would like to see a more marketable and original use of the elements that are in the current AGD logos - the lions, letters "AGD", etc. I'm glad that some like my idea, but the new logo would not be easily identifiable with AGD as Shartley mentioned. Hope that helps give everyone a little more focus.

petefol
10-09-2002, 02:55 PM
how about something like this, and then put agd on the back or something.

scribe
10-10-2002, 02:14 AM
i like the idea of having a silhouette of a paintballer, and in front having "AGD". then in the back airgun.com. it'd look best w/ the patch look. if u need the agd logo, then put the agd logo on the front of the cap, and on the back, behind the words "airgun.com", should be the silhouette of the paintballer.

CMDane
10-12-2002, 02:11 AM
Borrowing shamelessly from Petefol, I've changed some stuff around, resized some stuff and added the stripe to the brim and side. Simple and classic, IMO.

About the hat itself, I would prefer a fitted, low crown, 5-panel cap. Fitted for ease of wear, reversable, etc. I like the lower crown caps as they look sleeker. 5-panel so the front logo won't be split by a seam.

About other artists' contributions, all are great. However, I don't care for the ghetto-rific grafitti, I see enough of that driving around town and I won't spend money on something of that nature. AGD has a style that says classic, quality and "We're going to keep doing things OUR way, not keep up with the latest trend."

The only thing that I would add to the designs below is AirGun.Com on the right side in AGD blue where the arrow is pointing. I couldn't find a right side to use as an example.

Charles

Statik7
10-12-2002, 12:50 PM
How does mine look?

P8ntballerAK
10-13-2002, 07:02 AM
Thanks alot Tom, now I can't submit any of my new ones cause I cleaned up my computer for the move. Hopefully you don't decide before I posta a few after AO day SC.

P8ntballerAK
10-13-2002, 07:08 AM
Ill post sme old ones.

P8ntballerAK
10-13-2002, 07:11 AM
TOm, this one has a lion in the middle. THe lion is an actual embroidery that you can buy in bulk on the net. if you like this one I will give you the website to get the lion's.

P8ntballerAK
10-13-2002, 07:14 AM
More paintball like

P8ntballerAK
10-13-2002, 07:16 AM
nuke em.

magman007
10-15-2002, 11:38 AM
guys i have an idea, but i have no photo hop to create them on, so heres a free one for some one to play with. WHat i was thinking were the letters m A G ' D going down in a diagonal, with the m smaller in red. Get it? it says AGD and Mag'd like you were just fragg'd and stuff. the same works for RPS, you can spell Rips

heres an example of my idea

m
.....A
..... .G
..... .. '
... ........ D

can some one please whipp this up??

Mentalfloss
10-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Try this one more time.

billybob_81067
10-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Here's my 2 cents worth!

bobbybobinson
10-16-2002, 11:48 AM
graffiti style by omni. and the have pround to run with AGD or a mag going across the bac,
jsut an idea
or quality always shoots straight.
bob

Mr Orange
10-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Hello all, I am newly registered to AO, been a reader for a long time. I am fairly new to the automag family, but definately not new to the sport. I really like RiceRockets design with the AGD circle patch on the front. On the back could be any number of sayings. He had The Hex Air Gun Designs logo , but I think I would like "Don'T Believe the Hype" on the back. I think this design looks classy, sleek, and simple, kinda like a MAG. It would also probably be a bit more cost effective than the stitching all over the hat.

shartley
10-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Welcome to AO. I too was a "reader" for quite a bit before I created an account. :D

dre1919
10-16-2002, 01:55 PM
Welcome to AO Mr Orange!

"I don't want to be Mr. Pink."
"It's just a name."
"Fine, then you be Mr. Pink."

Sorry, a little Resevoir Dogs flashback there.
LOL
:)

Lifted047
10-17-2002, 08:02 PM
The graffiti style is the best. The one with the mag in the lower left hand looks like a complete rip-off on the dye hats, and you don't want that happening. I think they should definetly be flex-fit, they look...."more professional" when you don't have the buttons.

Statik7
10-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Lifted047
The graffiti style is the best. The one with the mag in the lower left hand looks like a complete rip-off on the dye hats, and you don't want that happening. I think they should definetly be flex-fit, they look...."more professional" when you don't have the buttons.
i can adjust :D ill make something else

Statik7
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
redo 1 of 2

Statik7
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
redo 2 of 2

awg9tech
10-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Are you guys thinking about getting rid of the coat of arms all together:confused: If so, please make an announcment in the forum before any outside party. That way I can go buy up all the Coat of Arms ball caps to last me for the next few years.
I'm proud to wear the Lions. AGD if not at the forefront, at least helps push all the BS aside. I care less about keeping up with new-fangled hype and new icons. I like the quality, and the image of someone whos been around the block.:rolleyes:

canibus
10-21-2002, 03:11 PM
whats about a sock hat? i would ditch my jt one for a agd sock hat

CMDane
10-24-2002, 11:24 PM
I have to agree whole-heartedly with awg9tech and various others that have posted stating the same. If I want some grafitti on a cap that says AGD in some fashion or another, I'll either buy a cheap p.o.s. cap, do it myself with a Sharpie and save a lot of money or go downtown to the local gang banger hang-out and see if one of them will be willing to do it for me.

Keep it classic, keep it simple, KEEP THE LIONS!!!

Charles

Jonno06
10-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Yea,I LOVE OMNI's first Hat design..IMO its the bestest so far..and i give 50340 votes towards that design...

and I love visors..im not a hat person...hats make you go bald:(and they mess my hair up!:mad:

Derman2k
10-28-2002, 05:47 PM
Omni's winter hat looks awesome...I'd definetly buy that

-Xugg-
10-28-2002, 06:34 PM
something diffrent

-Xugg-
10-28-2002, 07:05 PM
a little diffrent approach

hostage
10-29-2002, 06:46 PM
No offence Tom, but the first thing that comes to my mind when I see that design, is a Car related company. It looks like the open road with clouds in the background.
-Doron

-Xugg-
10-29-2002, 07:03 PM
no way, i find that logo quite sexy actually..keep it

Ghost24
11-01-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey Tom, I think the "shapeless" fisherman cap should go. The standard "baseball" style cap maintains it shape and better conveys the how tight your markers are. If you are going to shoot the best marker on market, why not wear a well shaped cap with a straight forward logo which better represents the strength of AGD engineering. The fisherman style hat lacks structural integrity. AGD is all about intergity. The cap should appeal not to just those in the "paintball" world but to those outside of it. Wouldn't be nice have someone "say nice hat, what company does it represent?". What a great opportunity for AGD and paintball in general. My $.02.

shinobidice
11-03-2002, 12:56 PM
I think they should make an AGD sock hat or jerseys or somthing like that mabye even tank covers.

zzupo
11-06-2002, 11:53 PM
http://www.bfdnet.cjb.net/pics/ao/hat.jpg

i like it tacky

AGD
11-07-2002, 02:35 AM
I am going to close this thread and start a new one to vote on the best hat. I have to go with something so we are going to pick one of these. See the other thread for voting instructions.

AGD