PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Connect; Give me the 411

HYPER
10-02-2002, 06:24 AM
Ok,

I was seriously thinking of getting the Pro-Connect. It looks interesting and its functions seem very unique.

From doing searches on this forum as well as others, I understand that it outperforms basic Quick Disconnects because the Pro-Connect will seal the gas pressure on the female end.

I had some questions about it. One being that I currently have a System X drop with On/Off. Would this be redundant to have both an on/off asa along with an on/off type pro-connect?

Whats the difference between the KAPP and the Proline Proconnects? Whats the differnce between the Gen 1 2 and 3?

I would like to know as much as possible about these interesting air accesories. Give me the pros and cons of it. Why dont I see alot of these on the fields when everyone online seems to praise them? Are they over rated?

LMK All.

-Hyper

HYPER
10-02-2002, 03:57 PM
Look at all these shy ppl.

45 views, not one reply.

Doesnt anyone here know anything about these things?

-Hyper

petefol
10-02-2002, 04:04 PM
well i guess me and 45 other people dont know anything about them.

wyn1370
10-02-2002, 04:18 PM
You push a button on the female end and it seals the air in. It's not all that fantastic for the price. It's quite large. I had to put a swivel 90 degree air fitting to get it to clear my air valve. You could get a slide-vavle(bleed) and quick disconnect combo for less and have the same funtion.
The system X drop on/off never functions the way it's supposed to for me. So I could understand the desire for a different air shut off.

ogre55
10-02-2002, 05:02 PM
First off, I own and have used both.

I actually think that the slide check is a better product. Not only is it cheaper (10-15 vs. 65-85), but for what one needs in a degassing fitting it works better.

The Pro-Connect does indeed seal the gas in the hose/male, however, when you disconect you still have rapid decompession of whatever gas is in the marker (200-400 PSI worth). With a slide check, decompression is total (hose and marker). Further it is more gradual. You do not hear the load POP of air escaping all at once, but rather a gradual hiss.

Now this is just my opinion and I could be wrong as I am no tech or airsmith, but I would imagine that gradual decomplession is better for the gun, and for the surrounding players who get startled by the loud pop, then rapid decompression.

Ogre

LawFox32
10-02-2002, 07:20 PM
my pro-connect has all of a sudden started to leak, anyone know how to fix them?

ogre55
10-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Bunkerhugger, your last post was serendipidous as my slide-check bit the big one last night and I had to reconnect the pro-connect today. Is there any way to service it, ot do I have to spring for a new one?

Ogre

Tom Sparkman
10-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ogre55
Bunkerhugger, your last post was serendipidous as my slide-check bit the big one last night and I had to reconnect the pro-connect today. Is there any way to service it, ot do I have to spring for a new one?
Ogre

The slide check? It just uses 2 o-rings inside.

Tom

ogre55
10-03-2002, 02:09 PM
But how does one get to said O-Rings?

Ogre

MinimagRockin'
10-03-2002, 08:51 PM
first you gotta unscrew the slide=check from the hose then take that c-clip off and then the slider part should slide off and the orings will be in that. it uses regular tank orings.

paintball8869
10-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Proconnects are just all around more solid. They have lifetime warranties through the manufacturer. You really just can't get around not having one. I've got one on every one of my guns and I can switch the tanks to whatever gun I plan on using.

Even if you already have an on/off, a proconnect can't hurt. Every safety mechanism on your marker makes it that much safer.

Take a look around the internet. You'll probably find one for roughly $45. I believe some of the dealers on this forum are selling them for that price range. It's well worth the money.

LawFox32
10-04-2002, 06:07 AM
who makes them? who does the lifetime warranty, I have a leaky one and I need it fixed where would I send it

paintball8869
10-04-2002, 07:53 AM
lawfox.....honestly i have no clue who makes them, but I'll try to find out for you. It would definitely help to know who makes it to send it in for warranty work :)

paintball8869
10-04-2002, 08:01 AM
PROLINE makes the proconnect. I don't have any clue as to how to get ahold of them though. I tried searching for a webpage but found nothing.

Below I listed 2 sites with them for sale. 888 is the one I would use, although it is $48 instead of the $40 of the other site. 888 is rather easy to deal with if anything goes wrong with your order and I've never ordered through this other place. Also, 888 has the internal oring that you need to fix your current proline (if you wanted to do it yourself).

http://www.paintballfx.com/1011.html
http://www.888paintball.com/Class.asp?ProductLine=+++++HOSES&Class=+++++++++++++QUICK+DISCONNECTS

Gadget
10-04-2002, 08:04 AM
The Pro-Connect that I recently got (thanks to Tunaman for shipping it to the UK for me) is made by Staubli http://www.staubli.com/web/coupling/division.nsf.

I also had a slide-dump break on me - not just the o-rings, but a part of the slide mechanism actually got snapped off by the pressure of a degas. The Pro-connect seems a lot more robust....though I've yet to fit it. :)

LawFox32
10-04-2002, 03:30 PM
hey gadget do you know if Staubli has a warranty for their pro-connects?

mine is a staubli, and I want it fixed