PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: South Jersey/Philly area AOer's

Mango
10-02-2002, 03:50 PM
As I have begun to say in the "NJ Players" thread, a fantastic new paintball field will be opening the weekend of October 12th. It's called Paintball Invasion I met with Mark Allen, one of the co-owners, today and he took me for a tour of the facility. It really ups the scale of what a paintball field should be. The parking is very close to the pro shop, indoor field and players club!! (more on that later). Also, when they install the poles and hang the netting for the outdoor speedball, it will also be merely yards away from the cars/pro shop/etc.

Ok here are the details:
I was wrong on the number of indoor fields, they are going with one large indoor field (up to 19 bunkers! 7 man field, but will most likely be a nice 5 man) complete with locker rooms!!! with full lighting and spectator bleecher style seating on either side. Floor material is the nice carpet that slides well. They plan to hold night games indoor!

For now that is the only speedball field that will be operational; they are working on that, the pro shop, air station (4500 fills) and the woodsball fields in the back!

Woodsball field: Should be open on the 12th. Will be a very cool scenario type field. Imagine an airplane runway with huge plane peices laying everywhere as if a plane landed and broke apart! The township is still giveing them trouble over that but it should be corrected soon. The field is very big, and they plan to have 2 more.

Players Club!: Yes you read that right. They have a two story building attacked to the indoor speedball field that will be a players club! Complete with two bathrooms, shower and sauna!! and a second story that will be a meeting room for teams to hang out, discuss strategy, and just lounge around! it will have a big screen TV, video games, etc. There will be yearly dues just like a Golf Club, only for paintballers!! More on that to come.

They will have thier own league also, and they really need to get as many tourney teams out as possible to see what a high quality facility this will be. The owners are very VERY nice people that merely want to promote the sport and help bring it to the next level.

Here is the contact information:

Paintball Invasion
192 State Hwy No 73 S, Hammonton, NJ 08037
(609) 704-7787

They will eventually have a website up.
www.paintballinvasion.com

but they still have thier work cutout for them. But hopefully we can get a lot of the local teams to come out and help support such an awsome field!!! :D

Kaiser Bob
10-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Paintball field with amenities... very cool. :) Definitely sounds like a paintballers paradise and they put forward lots of start up capital, hopefully all the NJ players will flock to it and throw down the cash to keep this baby running :)

SHAG
10-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Hi,

Hummm... Sounds like it's a really expensive place. The think that gets me is the fact it's a paintball version of a country club. However, not being able to view the rates, I really cannot comment as much i would like.

Having a yearly due is a great idea. It allows the field operator to make better decesions for the field. If you know how much you can spend in a given year, you will work with it. I am suprised alot more fields don't follow this concept. I think alot more of them would be able to stay in business.

A field that can give a compentent and consistant 4500 PSI air fill with a top off policy is a good thing as well. Most fields in NJ say they can fill to 4500 PSI but they generally will fill to about 4000 PSI.

The paint is another issue with the field. How much is going to cost? With the kind of ammendities that SM presented, you have to wonder. There are a few fields in NJ that sell paint at $125 a case. They are outdoor fields. Do I go to these fields? No! :) Then you have the more moderately priced fields that people complain about like Top Gun.

People complain at $80 a case. People if you complain about the cost of the paint, you should question your commitment to the sport. There are a number of older players on the board can tell you that paint use to cost 10-20 cents shot. Today, players as well as field owners are spoiled by lower paint prices and increased competition.

When I first started playing Paintball on a regular basis in 1997, paint was about 5-6 cents a ball depending on the place you when to. The paint was not the greatest either. Today, the paint is the best it could ever be. It's rounder, consistant in size and weight, and chronos tighter. Today, if you cannot achieve a chrono range of 2 or 3 fps, the paint is considered junk. Look at all the crazy research Tom did with paint. His paint test is something from the original AGD Automag Manuals!

Today we complain if the price of paint is too high. I guess when we are getting a case for about $50 bucks which was wholesale only a couple of years ago :) It's too expensive. If the gun, breaks one ball. The batch might be bad.

Back to the main post reply. Paint. If the price for paint is like $100-115 a case, will we as players think it's too expensive to play there?

Field Fees. Just because you a yearly due it probably means you will get a discount for entry if nothing else.

Overall, sounds like a nice place. I am suprised nothing like that has tried to open up here in the northern half of the state. Afterall, I believe Bergen and Morris counties are the richest in the state with both also rating in the top ten of richest counties in the country.

Time will tell. However, I support the innovative idea of the field. I hope it does succeed.

Later,
Alan

Mango
10-02-2002, 08:01 PM
SHAG: I did not post paint prices because they have not been finalized yet. But, it will be very friendly and most likely around $80 a case. They will also have a day every weekend that is BYOP!!!!! They are for the players trust me. They also plan to have 3 grades of paint, with prices much like Fireball Mountain, if not the same. They know that they want to draw lots and lots of players. And will recoup the loses in the long run. :D

1stdeadeye
10-02-2002, 08:29 PM
I am playing phone tag with them now.

I have talked with the other players on Team Mag-Net and we are going to give them a shot. If it works out, this may very well become our homefield. We will decide that at our practice Sunday.

Very tough decision now. Do I go out and support Paintball Invasion on their Grand Opening or go to the AO Day in New York?

Think I am staying home:p ! I need to support our potential home field!!

Riotz
10-02-2002, 09:27 PM
I would support the AO Day in NY, I don't know why mango posted the opening day stuff... :rolleyes:

dropkick1
10-02-2002, 10:26 PM
do u know how far it is from philly? b/c if it isn't that far i would maybe go there for indoor play once ina while.

ken

Mango
10-02-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
I would support the AO Day in NY, I don't know why mango posted the opening day stuff... :rolleyes:

Jeff, LI is at LEAST 3 hours from where this field is. Anyone that would come to the LI day from my area will still come, because if they are dedicated enough to drive 3 hours then they are dedicated to AO and to helping AGD.

To say that me posting the opening of a this field will hurt LI is totally the reverse, the LI day will probably hurt this. Come on, Rocky is going to be there!!!!

Why would I snuff out another field just because of LI AO day? If people are dedicated enough they will come to LI, if not, then let them go help out Paintball Invasion. :p

Riotz
10-03-2002, 02:14 AM
Well for the people who "aren't" dedicated enough and had to choose between this indoor field which is 20 mins from them or the one in long island which is 3 hours from them. Which do you think they'd go to on the 12th?

I'm just trying to say you shouldn't promote two events that conflict with each other.

1stdeadeye
10-03-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Riotz
I'm just trying to say you shouldn't promote two events that conflict with each other.

I was making a joke above. Th LI AO looks like fun, but it is 3 hours away from down here maybe more with traffic. It is just nice to know we have alternatives.;)

Riotz
10-03-2002, 03:55 AM
1stdeadeye, I was referring to JT's post :D

WhoDaresPlay
10-03-2002, 08:30 AM
Someday I hope NJ can develop the same mentality that fields in southern California have...

Very reasonable entrance ($5-10)
Very reasonable air ($5 all day)
BYOP 7 days a week

Makes me regret playing in NJ for all those years.

Thordic
10-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by WhoDaresPlay
Someday I hope NJ can develop the same mentality that fields in southern California have...

Very reasonable entrance ($5-10)
Very reasonable air ($5 all day)
BYOP 7 days a week

Makes me regret playing in NJ for all those years.

I think the cost of land may also be an issue. Land costs, property tax, etc, is most likely higher in NJ, where land is more in demand.

1stdeadeye
10-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Thordic

I think the cost of land may also be an issue. Land costs, property tax, etc, is most likely higher in NJ, where land is more in demand.

Amen to that! My property taxes are outrageous. NJ has the worst property taxes in the nation. They are aweful!:mad:

WhoDaresPlay
10-03-2002, 10:35 AM
I hear ya on the property tax, it's why I bailed out. DC is high just because... well it's DC.

However I do give some fields in NJ a lot of credit, they have learned to meet the "demands" of those players that find $80 too much for a case.

We have two players from California on our team and they always get grouchy when it comes time to buy paint. For years they've never paid more than $40-$45 for a case. It's hard for them to stomach paying almost 3x that for that same case.

Smoken
10-03-2002, 11:19 AM
WhoDaresPlay where are these SoCal fields you speak of? Most the ones i got to are BYOP, but entry and air are more than $5-$10. Usually like $20-$25 for entry and $10 for all day air. If there really are cheaper fields around me, I'd love to know where.

WhoDaresPlay
10-03-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Smoken
WhoDaresPlay where are these SoCal fields you speak of? Most the ones i got to are BYOP, but entry and air are more than $5-$10. Usually like $20-$25 for entry and $10 for all day air. If there really are cheaper fields around me, I'd love to know where.

I went to Adrenaline about a month ago and paid the following amount:

$20 for air/field all day.

Smoken
10-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Awesome. Thanks WhoDaresPlay. I went there a couple times about two or three months ago and I thought I remembered the price being higher. Oh well, the reason I don't go there much is cause it's like an hour drive from my house. Nice field though, very well lit for night games.

1stdeadeye
10-03-2002, 03:20 PM
I just got off the phone with Mark. I can not wait to play there.

These owners are really focused on the players. They are planning a large multi-team meeting prior to setting up the league to make it sure it is the way the players want it.

Also they will be open from Weds to Sun every week!

This looks good!

graycie
10-03-2002, 06:55 PM
hmmm.......hammonton.......if i'm going to drive to hammonton i might as well go to atlantic city since its halfway there......location sounds kinda remote, but then again so are alot of fields....

Mango
10-03-2002, 08:59 PM
The field is actually on the border of Sicklerville (remember, my town ;) ) and the outter most rim of Hammonton. From Philly, the field is about Half way to Atlantic City.

I would say about 25-30 minutes right as soon as you get over the Walt Witman bridge.

graycie
10-03-2002, 09:13 PM
25-30 min after the walt whitman sounds like just getting onto the AC expressway, unless your driving at an insane speed.

Mango
10-03-2002, 09:56 PM
My house is exit 42, the new one off the AC Expressway, the field is only two exits after mine. I used to work right next to the deleware river, and would have to take 76 to 42 every day, and it only took me 20 minutes to get home. This is not hitting any traffic of course. the Walt Witman is 18 miles from my house. I clocked it. So ok, add 10 minutes to that if you want. :p

1stdeadeye
10-04-2002, 08:27 AM
Yeah, this field is right by Route 73 and the AC Expressway. It has a Hammonton mailing address because Winslow Twp is made up of like 5 different postal zones. Each one reports to a different post office. Also, It is only what 60 miles to AC from Philly, so this place is an easy 30 minutes from the Walt Whitman. Heck I bet I could make it there in 20 staying under three digit speeds on Rt 42 and the AC Expressway.:D

C'mon you know you want to check it out!

drx975
11-03-2002, 06:42 PM
Hmm this sounds good...I have a paintball club at my school and I was looking for an indoor field...my friend said he saw a place opening soon, so this must be it. If we make a trip to this place Ill let everyone know how it goes.

LittMag
11-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Hey Mango, any more word on this place? The website isn't up yet.

Thanks,
Litt