PDA

View Full Version : automag barrel question

exedotbat
10-02-2002, 09:18 PM
I ordered a minimag and accessories. I got the barrel for it today. its a j&j ceramic barrel. It doesnt have anything on it, no o-rings or i think those nublin things. does it usually come with those where can i get them? Im asking because i didnt get the gun yet so i dont have another barrel to compare it with.

Spray Painter
10-02-2002, 09:31 PM
it's not supposed to come with nubbins, but i'm not sure if it supposed to come with o-rings.

virus
10-02-2002, 09:43 PM
for the most part mag barrels usally dont come with the orings/nubbins on them....

though i think there is one that does send them out that way i dont remember which.....

you can either order the orings and nubbins straight from agd or buy a parts kit and there will be some in there.....

just a heads up.... with the plastic nubbins some trimming may be nessary to make them fit the barrel.... at least i did to make it fit my jnj.... just use some nail clippers and take little at a time...

exedotbat
10-02-2002, 10:12 PM
i assume i need the o rings but do i have to get the nublins can i get them at my local paintball store? about how much are they?

DaosBeoulve
10-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Yes, you'll have to get the nubbins. They are like the ball detent on many paintball guns. They keep the paintball from sliding down the barrel before you fire the gun.

As for your local store, I'm not sure. It depends on if they sell mag parts or not. I luckily have a local store that mainly sells mags and such, so picking up odd and end parts isn't too bad for me. Go and ask if they have orings and nubbins for a mag barrel, or they just have a parts kit for your gun.

spazzed
10-03-2002, 09:41 AM
You'd be better off to go ahead & pick up a parts kit... Eventually you'll have a dirty reg-seat, or bad o-ring that'll need replacing.

Shirow
10-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Smart Parts barrels come with nubbins/o-rings.